Finning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Finning Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2017

3.2

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Finning.

Interview

I applied in a regional web page and made some connections on Linkedin
    1st Interview with HR Coordinator
    2nd Interview with HR Director (English)
    Health test
    3rd Interview with HR Manager
    Job Offer
    Sign and agreements

Interview Questions

• It was a general profile check and about my last experiences.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Finning (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who prescreened me and told me all about the position. She made me feel very comfortable throughout the whole process. She was very engaging and also talked very positively about the company and it came through about how much she enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finning (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

it was an average interview process. Prescreen telephone interview followed by interview with the hiring manager and the HR manager. The process took around 2-3 weeks in total from prescreen to face to face. The economy turned and they were unable to proceed with the job applied for. Instead I was offered to work on a Contract basis for a min of 3 months time.

Interview Questions

• About level of experience and how it fit into the job applied for?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cannock, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Finning (Cannock, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied via a recruitment agency so following initial discussions with them it was an initial interview and then some tests which comprised of numeracy skills, a verbal reasoning test and a personality test completed online. Then finally a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Quite a lot of focus on how to manage people type questions.   Answer Question

Heavy Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grande Prairie, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finning (Grande Prairie, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted in front of a panel of three. One of the panel asked technical questions and guaged my responses.
    Another lady in human resources was picking up on my answers and questioned me in an effort to get a picture of my self perception.
    Another gentleman was concerning himself about my attitude to safety and work ethic.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could tell them of an instance where I made a personal contribution to safety.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Finning (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Applied on line for several management roles, interviewed for one, did not get job, but told I did well. 2months later interviewed again by first HR, then by Regional Manager. After second interview with RM over lunch, brought to branch, walked around and offered job at the branch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated over Salary & vacation, first they were negotiable and we reach a fair final offer.

Parts Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Finning in June 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application online, was contacted via phone and arrangements were made for a phone interview. I did some research on the company and the position and prepared answers for several behavioural-based questions.

Parts Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mildred Lake, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finning (Mildred Lake, AB (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with manager that left within a month, and the other manager left two months later.

Negotiation

basic contract

MSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finning (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

Behavioural assessment. Multiple interviewers. I had a referral and was hired after one interview. Lot's of question on attention to detail and safety. A very relaxed interview setting.

extra words extra words extra words extra words extra words!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Finning in August 2008.

Interview

After applying online, you are called for an interview at the headquarters if you are qualified. You are interviewed by 2 or 3 people. There is 1 HR person, the other person is your potential boss and the third is usually another manager or potential co-worker that is in a similar role. The interview is a behaviral based interview. You must answer the questions according to the structure that they want. They outline this structure to you before beginning.