Fisk University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fisk University

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fisk University (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Phone interview took an hour, then a whole day for the on-campus interview. I was interviewed by the faculty, the director of core, the assistant and associate provost, and the president. The faculty took me to lunch at a local restaurant, which was very pleasant and got to see the city a little, picked me up from the airport and brought me back. The president took me aback with a very personal question, but overall, it wasn't a terrible experience. I couldn't tour the campus because it was raining. When I got the offer two days after the interview, I took it, but I had only a week to get back to the city, find and rent an apartment, and move, which was very harrowing, but I made it. I regretted the decision to take the job on the first day of classes when a couple of my class rooms were flooded because of poor maintenance. I went in with every good intention, but it soon became apparent that I made a huge mistake coming to Fisk. I never really got to use my real research for classes.

Interview Questions

• Too long ago to recall major questions, but I do remember that they were fairly typical for that position.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fisk University in December 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with one person.

Interview Questions