FixYa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at FixYa

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FixYa (San Mateo, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the company first, they were great, then they responded and invited me to their San Mateo office where I met with 4 different people: Community Ops Mgr, CTO, Community Associate and Customer Experience Manager. They were all great and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk through some of my relevant experiences and often asked if I had any questions   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FixYa (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website. Was quick to respond through their HR, and set up a phone screen with the hiring manager the CTO. Phone call went well, and quickly set up a face-to-face with the CTO.

The CTO seemed like a nice guy, and the interview questions were fairly typical about my background, how I would fit in, etc. He then ended the interview letting me know that he would email me an exercise to review and discuss.

A week and a half later I get a rejection email from jobvite.

I found that to be dishonest and disingenuous.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal working environment? What are you looking for in your next job?   Answer Question

Customer Happiness Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FixYa (San Mateo, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I communicated with the office manager outside of the actual interviews, and no one would give me their contact information - I guess that would have been a red flag right there. I had a phone interview with the CEO and it was neutral - no real "gotcha" questions or answers, and he shared about a pretty exciting new product that inspired me to continue in the process. During the in-person interview, the CFO stared at my chest pretty much the whole time. It was almost as if he couldn't *find* my eyeballs at times. And then, the CEO met with me and had no notes on him - he had no memory of what my phone interview contained, and it was basically a groundhog day of our previous conversation. I can understand if there was nothing memorable for him after the phone interview that he wouldn't want to move forward, but going in to the office felt like a waste of time. After stringing me along for three weeks, I got an automated response from JobVite saying they received my resume but my qualifications weren't a match for the position.

Overall: disorganized, insulting, and a waste of time.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FixYa in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to interview for a product management role. An interview was set up to meet with a few executives. When I arrived, the first person didn't know they were supposed to meet with me. The interview was casual and and unstructured. The second person I met with was very interested in what I thought of their product and how I would improve it. I made several suggestions, each of which I was informed they had tried at some point in the past. When I asked about the rest of the product team which was no where to be found, I got an unclear answer. I am not sure if I would have gotten an offer but I stopped the process after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you get local businesses to engage with a community?   Answer Question

QA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FixYa in January 2008.

Interview

First had a phone call with VP of engineering, was a nice talk about what's the job consist of,hours and so on.
    after a few days I was called back and asked to come for a 1:1 interview which was held in the company office.
    in the interview we talked more in details about the work, the process, the company's goals..
    after a few days I got an offer

Interview Questions

• what features do you think the site is missing in order to become the leader in it's field   Answer Question