FlightSafety International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FlightSafety International Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.7

Fulltime Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FlightSafety International.

Interview

Online application ans submission.
    Third party application subission-Aeroteck.
    Presentation skills display for group of program managers.
    Slow process to finally hear back
    Turn around rate is pretty high.
    Stagnant pay over 4 years - no increase for part time.

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Port St Lucie, FL).

Interview

After a one hour telephone interview with HR, if you are selected to continue with the interview process, you will be asked back for a round table session with seven/eight company managers/ directors in leadership positions. They will take turns asking you questions and when they are finished, you get an opportunity to ask questions of your own. This part of my interview lasted two hours. If you pass this round, next step is to interview with Corporate management/executives from head office.

Interview Questions

• In general, they present you with workplace scenarios about managing people, and ask you how you would handle each situation. You are also asked to describe real-life situations you have encountered and how you handled them. It is kind of a case-study method of interviewing -- on the spot decision making and problem resolutions. Very effective method, I believe.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International.

Interview

The interview was a positive experience. I met the center manager, the people in the department I would work in, and had an interview with HR, the CSM and CSMA. They called with an offer two days after the interview, which I accepted. The downside was that my start date got pushed back a month due to the HR woman going on vacation and then changing their background check supplier. I had to re-submit a lot of paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an irritating coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Onsite interview. Learned about the process and was asked of immediate viewpoint on process improvement. Allowed to roam freely to observe the manufacturing process. Open communication with current employees. Toured both facilities. Locations of facilities are close to each other. Small department with very friendly employees.

Interview Questions

• What areas of improvement do you see with our process and shop floor?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FlightSafety International in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college. My dean sent us job posting and in that details of the job and manager email id are given. So I emailed my resume to the email id given in the job posting. They called me after two days. Only one round and in that two person's interviewd me. One manager and the other technical lead.

Pilot Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had previously applied to flight safety and continued to update app. Finally got an interview. Panel interview in DFW was very good experience. Every one was incredibly nice and welcoming. Really enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult! Prior experience, prior 121/135, etc. normal stuff!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, 2 phone interviews. Neither interview was very technical. They ask you questions about stuff on your resume, why you're interested in working for Flight Safety, and if you'd be okay working in Oklahoma. They obviously ask a variety of other questions to get get to know if you'd be a good fit.

Simulator Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FlightSafety International in December 2015.

Interview

Needs to have regular staff selected for interviews. More one on one less group. Need to hire the person, not fill in a box. It did not appear that interviewers had an training. Need a standardized process for all centers.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Broken Arrow, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by the HR department, who scheduled a phone interview. This interview was with two team leads and discussed what the department did, and asked questions about my experience and background. After this interview, I was contacted the next day by HR to set up an in person interview with a panel of team leaders. This interview was similar to the first, and then followed by an aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have with source control software or teamwork in coding.   1 Answer

Simulator Technician I At DFW Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position at their DFW training facility on the company website and about three weeks later I received an email inviting me to an interview in either one week or two weeks later. I responded and requested the interview time two weeks later. I received an email back confirming my interview appointment time and to expect an interview time of one hour.

Interview Questions

• Two managers had on page each of questions which all pertained directly to the position I applied for. I was not asked any dumb or irrelevant questions at all. The questions were good ones and I thought I had good responses.   1 Answer