FlightSafety International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FlightSafety International

2.8

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called for an interview date. I met the maintenance manager and the interview was straightforward. I was given a tour of the facilities. I was told of the expectations and job requirements. I was told salary offer. I felt positive of the interview and thought it was fair.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

Met at a careers fair and applied online. Called back about a month later and scheduled to spend a day at their offices. Met about 14 people in various 1-1 or panel situations. Was given a tour and had lunch. Had several interviews with managers and employee panels mostly asking about experience, things on my resume and some HR/behavioral questions. Everyone was very nice and polite. In a way I wish they weren't so nice as I left really wanting to work there and felt confident I was a good fit, yet I was turned down. I was not called back when they told me I would be and I contacted them several weeks later to ask. I heard back another week or so after that telling me the bad news. After I spent all that time and effort driving 2 hours to get there and back I was disappointed by my treatment afterwards. They should have told me sooner that I didn't get the position and I doubt they would have bothered to contact me at all had I not emailed. It turned out for the best as I am now scheduled for onsite interviews with Microsoft and Amazon and I heard the pay there at FS is not that great.

Interview Questions

• What kind of management type or environment do you like to work under.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, 2 phone interviews. Neither interview was very technical. They ask you questions about stuff on your resume, why you're interested in working for Flight Safety, and if you'd be okay working in Oklahoma. They obviously ask a variety of other questions to get get to know if you'd be a good fit.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Broken Arrow, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by the HR department, who scheduled a phone interview. This interview was with two team leads and discussed what the department did, and asked questions about my experience and background. After this interview, I was contacted the next day by HR to set up an in person interview with a panel of team leaders. This interview was similar to the first, and then followed by an aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have with source control software or teamwork in coding.   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International in May 2012.

Interview

Spoke with a manager and a senior software engineer over the phone, got mostly technical questions, talked about school project i have worked on, asked about the company, fairly quick interview, all over the phone, worked on one project the whole summer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FlightSafety International in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college. My dean sent us job posting and in that details of the job and manager email id are given. So I emailed my resume to the email id given in the job posting. They called me after two days. Only one round and in that two person's interviewd me. One manager and the other technical lead.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and then scheduled for a face to face interview. I was told I would be scheduled for a second interview if selected; which I thought was unnecessary because the interview was extremely thourough and the position was very low paying salary range (under 30K) Probably one of the hardest and most uncomfortable interviews I've ever been to. I sat in the middle of what look like a court house setting with me in the middle and a round panel of managers sitting around me. They all took turns asking me questions. Afterwards I was asked to fill out a test on how I would compose an email to a client and was asked to translate a business document.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were responsible for changing company policy. Describe a time where you went above and beyond in customer sevice. What do you like the most and the least about your current manager's managing style. What do you know about flight safety? What is your strength and weakness? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Broken Arrow, OK) in January 2011.

Interview

It was pretty laid back, but I interviewed with two different people at the same time.

Interview Questions

• "Do you think you can put up with a roomful of old men?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called and offered. I had been laid off at my previous workplace and although the offer was lower than what I wanted, it was more than unemployment so I took it.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FlightSafety International in August 2012.

Interview

After 2 weeks of waiting, I had to call them, then was offered the job. This was an internal promotion but the interview process was conducted like a new hire. Apparently the first person chosen for the job asked for an inordinate amount of money and was turned down, slowing the entire process considerably. FSI is extremely slow in any of the hiring practices I was exposed to later on. It took 4 months just to transfer an engineer from one division to another that already worked at the site. Everything I hear now suggests it has gotten worse with the passage of time.

Interview Questions

• How to handle challenging employees   1 Answer

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Test Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Broken Arrow, OK) in June 2011.

Interview

Through involved technical one management and one Human Resource person. Making this longer serves no real purpose other than to qualify for the minimum. However, if that's what is required I can keep typing till we get there.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in meeting an aggressive deadline   1 Answer