FlightSafety International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.8

Flight Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Vero Beach, FL).

Interview

HR at Vero beach was fine. They explained where to go and who to talk with.
    The interview 830 till 1515
    Autumn was introduced, friendly. The pilot there interviewing was never introduced nor were we given his qualifications.
    Normal questions; strengths, weaknesses, integrity, what do you expect out of employers.
    Then pilot questions. if your on glide slope on base leg but 10kts fast what do you do. Then what do you do on final?
    Next a 100 question test, many answers are ambiguous and often misspelled. They do not allow you to see your wrong answers.
    After the test you get lunch time.
    Then must give a 15 min presentation on a topic given in your email prior. Mine was a power off stall. The pilot did not like the part where I said after a 100' simulated decent reduce power to idle and apply up to full back pressure to induce the full stall private pilot requires. That was the item where I was not hired I was told. They instruct students to reduce power for an approach and maintain pitch till the aircraft stalls however long that takes. They want it realistic as if on approach. I don't know how long it takes with a piper warrior but I know maintaining pitch and approach power will not give full stall characteristics in a SR-20.
    I'm kinda glad I missed this opportunity as I wouldn't want to teach students this way and it not even work on all aircraft and using this technique doesn't work well in bumpy weather. I completely understand now when I saw some of their students and instructors not hired in other flight schools especially when weather wasn't perfect on check flights.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Vero Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Sat in a small room with two people from the company kept asking me if I had any additional questions about the job. I knew nothing about the job, so I did not have any questions. Did not ask me about my experience, or where I went to school. Awkward interview. Did not get the job, someone was more qualified, I wonder how.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about the job.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and then scheduled for a face to face interview. I was told I would be scheduled for a second interview if selected; which I thought was unnecessary because the interview was extremely thourough and the position was very low paying salary range (under 30K) Probably one of the hardest and most uncomfortable interviews I've ever been to. I sat in the middle of what look like a court house setting with me in the middle and a round panel of managers sitting around me. They all took turns asking me questions. Afterwards I was asked to fill out a test on how I would compose an email to a client and was asked to translate a business document.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were responsible for changing company policy. Describe a time where you went above and beyond in customer sevice. What do you like the most and the least about your current manager's managing style. What do you know about flight safety? What is your strength and weakness? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FlightSafety International.

Interview

Online application ans submission.
    Third party application subission-Aeroteck.
    Presentation skills display for group of program managers.
    Slow process to finally hear back
    Turn around rate is pretty high.
    Stagnant pay over 4 years - no increase for part time.

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Port St Lucie, FL).

Interview

After a one hour telephone interview with HR, if you are selected to continue with the interview process, you will be asked back for a round table session with seven/eight company managers/ directors in leadership positions. They will take turns asking you questions and when they are finished, you get an opportunity to ask questions of your own. This part of my interview lasted two hours. If you pass this round, next step is to interview with Corporate management/executives from head office.

Interview Questions

• In general, they present you with workplace scenarios about managing people, and ask you how you would handle each situation. You are also asked to describe real-life situations you have encountered and how you handled them. It is kind of a case-study method of interviewing -- on the spot decision making and problem resolutions. Very effective method, I believe.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International.

Interview

The interview was a positive experience. I met the center manager, the people in the department I would work in, and had an interview with HR, the CSM and CSMA. They called with an offer two days after the interview, which I accepted. The downside was that my start date got pushed back a month due to the HR woman going on vacation and then changing their background check supplier. I had to re-submit a lot of paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an irritating coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Onsite interview. Learned about the process and was asked of immediate viewpoint on process improvement. Allowed to roam freely to observe the manufacturing process. Open communication with current employees. Toured both facilities. Locations of facilities are close to each other. Small department with very friendly employees.

Interview Questions

• What areas of improvement do you see with our process and shop floor?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FlightSafety International in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college. My dean sent us job posting and in that details of the job and manager email id are given. So I emailed my resume to the email id given in the job posting. They called me after two days. Only one round and in that two person's interviewd me. One manager and the other technical lead.

Pilot Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FlightSafety International (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had previously applied to flight safety and continued to update app. Finally got an interview. Panel interview in DFW was very good experience. Every one was incredibly nice and welcoming. Really enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult! Prior experience, prior 121/135, etc. normal stuff!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FlightSafety International in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, 2 phone interviews. Neither interview was very technical. They ask you questions about stuff on your resume, why you're interested in working for Flight Safety, and if you'd be okay working in Oklahoma. They obviously ask a variety of other questions to get get to know if you'd be a good fit.