Florida State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida State University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.4

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida State University.

Interview

had interview with housing manager. Very nice and easy process. Very casual, spoke about involvement on campus and what I would bring to the hall. After initial interview I herd back very quickly

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Submit an online application first, then attend a two day interview process. You are split into small groups and you do several activities in those. Then you are called in for a singular interview.

Trip Leader Interview

Interview

Several months as a trainee. No pay but required lots of work. Was a secondary leader and did most of the functions trip leaders do during the training period. The trips are free though

Interview Questions

• Not really a formal interview just a training period with no pay but hey the trips are free   Answer Question

Administrative & Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Applied online. Phone call within a week from external recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Typical questions about my experience, what's my current salary, what are my salary expectations, etc. Next was phone interview with hiring manager. Next was in-person interview shortly after on campus with a panel of people I'd be working with. Most questions seemed like they were reading off a list from HR, although some were specific to the position and my experience with related tasks. About a week later an offer was made, negotiated slightly higher salary, and accepted, although had some challenges with HR throughout the offer process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, how would you handle (this situation), what are you looking for in employment here, why should we hire you, etc.   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was swift and fairly easy. A minimal amount of questions . Employees are extremely nice and offer help in anythings. Responsibilities include answering phones, accommodating staff/ faculty and students.

Mock Interview Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applicants submitted resumes into the system called seminolelink. Over the course of a week, FSU selected about 30 to 40 candidates to interview based on their submitted resumes. If you were selected for an interview, you were told to schedule a time. Then you go to your appointment and have a one on one interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you encountered an unexpected problem and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Bilingual Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process began a month after I submitted my application. Since I was out of town management scheduled a phone interview with me. Within the week I was offered the position and set to work within the next two weeks.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

it was a one-on-one between me and the manager of the university. it was held in his office, and it last less than 30 minutes. at the end, he have to ask question

Interview Questions

• experience, skill, availability   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Formal interview process. They make you feel comfortable during the process. Do not show up very casual to the interview just because it is a receptionist review. The directors of the dorm still take the position very seriously. You will be the "face" of the dorm for all residents and guest who enter.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a complaining parent?   1 Answer

IT Support Technician (OPS) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

I applied online, submitting my résumé with a cover letter and references. About 1 1/2 weeks later, I received a phone call directly from the position's supervisor to schedule an interview. I interviewed for the position at the supervisor's office. The questions were rather basic about IT and support. Mainly what "would you do" scenarios and "Have you ever worked with X, Y, or Z?" Within a week, I got a call back telling me I had gotten the position. A Level 2 background check, including fingerprinting, was required for the position as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a frustrated and upset customer after already providing several solutions?   Answer Question