Food & Water Watch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Food & Water Watch

Paid Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food & Water Watch (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

called to set up an interview, went in for the interview, filled out application form with basic personal info, talked about experience in campaigning & political activism & the key issues that i care about
    relatively laid back interview, they're looking for the type of person who is an activist that's willing to go door to door asking for support for a cause you really care about, who can also convince others that this cause is important
    going in for a "shadow day"/interview part 2 tomorrow to see what field work is about & what i would be doing
    whole process took about a week

Interview Questions

• what previous political experience do you have that you can bring to this job?
      have you checked out the food & water watch website?
      Answer Question

Canvass Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food & Water Watch (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Interesting, informative, very friendly environment. A little disappointed at the pay, not very high for a supposedly entry-level job. It is a nonprofit, but with the price they offered, I just cannot bring myself to go forward with the rest of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What interest do you have in these issues?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Food & Water Watch (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very laid back and casual. I was given the floor to go through my resume and cover anything i had left out of my resume or cover letter. It did not take too long. The interviewer also explained with great detail what my position would entail which was nice as I was a little fuzzy about that coming into the process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you wished food and water watch would advocate for?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food & Water Watch (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview with IT manager and CTO--very friendly and casual, but passionate about their organization's mission. Got a really good vibe from them. Had I been offered the job, I would have taken it.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date with technology?
      Describe a specific experience where you had to handle a difficult user.
      What is a specific stance Food and Water Watch believes in that resonates with you personally?
      What are your professional goals and what is the timeline for achieving them?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food & Water Watch (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter with some writing samples and then followed up a week later. Finally got in touch with the director who would be my supervisor and she sent an email asking when I could come in to to talk about the position and within a week I went into the office. I met with her and another employee I would end up working with and she asked on the spot if I was interested in the internship. I took it for college credit for a semester and it turned into a paid internship in the summer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about prior experience you have that would help you in this internship.   Answer Question

Advocacy Work Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Food & Water Watch (Washington, DC) in June 2009.

Interview

They bring you in for an initial interview with a few people, like the director who would be overseeing your work and the executive director. Then they may bring you in for another to meet more people. They did that with me. Wow them with your social justice work and on the ground advocacy experience. Let them know that you know what they do!

Negotiation

You can not negotiate much on salary, maybe a few grand? Salary is average. Vacation benefits are good though - 3 weeks to start.