Fordham University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fordham University

2.5

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Resume directly to hiring manager. Initial in-person interview one week later. Second interview 6 weeks later. Notification two weeks later via email.

Interview Questions

• I know you don't know us, but how would you fit in with us?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest professional accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • What gets you out of bed and excited to come to work in the morning?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Very pleasant. Felt that I was going to get the position which I did and accepted. The interviewer was very easy to speak to and would have loved working for this future boss. The interview did not involve human resources.

IT Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Just asked for you schedule and gpa. After you will receive an e-mail or phone call telling you to come back in and pick-up your schedule up for work. From then you go through a three day training course.Which just gives you the run down on what you will be doing while working for Fordham IT.

Interview Questions

• What is your fall semester schedule?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Was very short and fast. The interviewer was very kind and just asked me about recent experience with IT related stuff. The interview was about 30 minutes and was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working with software?   1 Answer

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process for student workers isn't that in-depth.
    Typically, at least with this listing / opportunity someone would find the posting for a job, send in the proper or required information, await the response, and then you go in for an impromptu discussion, and typically you start either that week or the following week.
    Its really painless, and goes pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations and what does your class schedule look like?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a quick phone screen then 2 in person interviews. The interviewers were kind and not trying to trick me. They were truly looking for a person with the right personality and fit for the office.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about the University's mission?   1 Answer

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First, there was a phone screening. During the phone screening, you introduce yourself to the Dean, the Dean informs you of what courses are available for you teach, and arranges a time for you to meet and have your teaching evaluated by other instructors. You must prepare a short lesson plan on a topic from one of the course you will be teaching. Then you give a short lecture on that topic. And finally, you take and answer questions from your audience/interviewers as if they were your students.

Interview Questions

• Would you please clarify this specific part of your lecture?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fordham University in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online, I believe, (this was awhile ago) and the entire process was very smooth and simple. I was contacted by telephone to schedule an in-person interview for shortly thereafter. When I got the interview, some basic questions were asked, and after I passed the interview the start date was set for the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say that there were any particularly difficult questions, although since I did not have much administrative assistant experience at that point, I did have to explain how I felt I was qualified for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate the salary.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

It went very well. Although I didn't get the position the questions I was asked weren't too difficult to answer and pertinent to the role. They overall application process was pretty straight forward. During the interview, they also asked which department I would best fit (i.e University Relations, Admissions).

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at a University as opposed to another office space.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fordham University.

Interview

it was easy and smooth process. They asked the standard questions and also asked your background like introducing yourself. They also asked the skillsets and some math questions. I am in Econ major so that they asked some math questions.