Fordham University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fordham University Interview Questions

2.6

Resident Director Interview

Application

I interviewed at Fordham University in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview felt conversational; which was nice. About 40 mins. No call back or email. A bit unprofessional but not at all surprising in the wonderful world of Higher Education.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First, reach Professors teaching relevant courses to seek possible GA opportunities by emailing resume. Another way is, submit resume to admission office, waiting for reply. This way is much see efficient.
    After that, attend interviews and meet Professors who are looking for assistant in person. Usually, dressing in suit would be more respectful but some Professors don't like things to be too formal.
    There will be just one round interview. The point is to show Professor it's easy and comfortable to work with you.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a one on one interview the director of the program. They would ask questions pertaining to one's passion and intent for the class. There is a strong focus on your background and how you can serve as an active role model for the students.

Interview Questions

• How will you keep the students actively engaged with the topic?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed onsite, total four interviewers interviewed me. each of them talked to me for half an hour. All behavior questions, interviewers ask almost the same questions. very easy and interviewers were very nice. business formal required, turn off your cellphone. they will give you more chance to talk and ask you to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

flexible time schedule.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fordham University.

Interview

Very vague and not enough technical questions. I was hoping to get more hands on experience. Person was late to the interview and that gave a bad impression.Very vague and not enough technical questions. I was hoping to get more hands on experience. Person was late to the interview and that gave a bad impression.

Interview Questions

• Where do you yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Fordham Law Library Cataloging Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume and letter of application via email, a few weeks later I was contacted for a phone interview, a few weeks after that, a 5 hour in person interview, with several panels, and several one on one meetings, I got a call a few weeks after that to inform me that I didn't get the position. The entire process (while lengthy) left me with a great impression of everyone who worked in the law library, and gave me a really good understanding of what it would be like to work there. It was very intimidating to have such a lengthy interview process, but I'm really glad that was how they did it.

Student Worker - Residential Life Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY).

Interview

I applied for a student worker position in the summer. The interview was more about my preferences and a discussion of the work done in the office. Before I met with the staff at the residential office, I met with someone at career services who looked at my resume and sent me on this interview.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss your previous work experience listed on your resume.   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly thorough, asking about IT experience and requesting that I explain how I would walk someone through different scenarios in-person. The process was mostly conducted as a 1:1 interview, and there were two separate interviews that I needed to go through. One was with HR, while the other was with an IT technician.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the repair process of a printer that is not detected by the computer to someone over the phone?   Answer Question

Associate Director of Systems and Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY).

Interview

I responded to an online job posting by email. I got a response in less than a week, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. It was a panel interview with three people. The questions were mainly on my experience with analytics, and behavioral questions. I was told that I would hear back in a week. I got a response in a few days that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• We have these 3 different sources of data, how would you work with them and derive insights from them? All behavioral and experience based questions   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by several people. I was told I was the best candidate but someone else was offered the job. I wish if they had made the decision before I was brought in to hire someone else they would not have called me in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer