Fordham University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fordham University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.5

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fordham University.

Interview

it was easy and smooth process. They asked the standard questions and also asked your background like introducing yourself. They also asked the skillsets and some math questions. I am in Econ major so that they asked some math questions.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fordham University.

Interview

Brief and straightforward. They asked a couple of questions and then told me on the spot that I got the job. It was a really short interview and I don't know if it was selective but I was the only one chosen

Assistant/Associate Director of Graduate Admission Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall, it was very long and kind of awkward. During the final interview, which was over four hours long, one of the members of the selection committee referred to Fordham as a lower level school and wondered why I wanted to work for a lower ranked school. Additionally, any company that has such a lengthy interview process and wants applicants to jump through so many hoops, should make a prospective employee hesitant. There were three rounds of interviews - phone selection, in person meeting and tour and then another in person meeting with a presentation. The lead for the interview committee never made any of his follow up deadlines.

Interview Questions

• How long would you be interested in staying in this position?   Answer Question

Resident Director Interview

Application

I interviewed at Fordham University in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview felt conversational; which was nice. About 40 mins. No call back or email. A bit unprofessional but not at all surprising in the wonderful world of Higher Education.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First, reach Professors teaching relevant courses to seek possible GA opportunities by emailing resume. Another way is, submit resume to admission office, waiting for reply. This way is much see efficient.
    After that, attend interviews and meet Professors who are looking for assistant in person. Usually, dressing in suit would be more respectful but some Professors don't like things to be too formal.
    There will be just one round interview. The point is to show Professor it's easy and comfortable to work with you.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Submitted application and they invited me over to ask where I wanted to work. I had told them anywhere is fine, and I got a job within a couple of weeks. Super simple and you're basically guaranteed a job if there is an opening.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a one on one interview the director of the program. They would ask questions pertaining to one's passion and intent for the class. There is a strong focus on your background and how you can serve as an active role model for the students.

Interview Questions

• How will you keep the students actively engaged with the topic?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed onsite, total four interviewers interviewed me. each of them talked to me for half an hour. All behavior questions, interviewers ask almost the same questions. very easy and interviewers were very nice. business formal required, turn off your cellphone. they will give you more chance to talk and ask you to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

flexible time schedule.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fordham University.

Interview

Very vague and not enough technical questions. I was hoping to get more hands on experience. Person was late to the interview and that gave a bad impression.Very vague and not enough technical questions. I was hoping to get more hands on experience. Person was late to the interview and that gave a bad impression.

Interview Questions

• Where do you yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Fordham Law Library Cataloging Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume and letter of application via email, a few weeks later I was contacted for a phone interview, a few weeks after that, a 5 hour in person interview, with several panels, and several one on one meetings, I got a call a few weeks after that to inform me that I didn't get the position. The entire process (while lengthy) left me with a great impression of everyone who worked in the law library, and gave me a really good understanding of what it would be like to work there. It was very intimidating to have such a lengthy interview process, but I'm really glad that was how they did it.