Forman Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2018

1.6

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennsauken, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forman Mills (Pennsauken, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Sent my resume and was called immediately back for an interview. Sat through 4 hours at the home facility and passed through 5 people, for a buying position that I was totally
    overqualified for. One interviewer asked me questions from a paper guide, that she wasn't clearly unsure of what she was asking me. Too much upheaval recently, management unclear of the company's direction and new investors intentions for the future. Systems are old and possibly being replaced, unclear of that as well. 1oo much uncertainty.
    Towards the end of the interview I was going to brought in as an associate buyer, and would be called back, only to never get the call yet 3 weeks later. Completely unprofessional. Fault on my part, reading the terrible reviews about this company, I should have never applied.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself as an asset for this company? How long have you been a buyer? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What are your expectations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Temple Hills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forman Mills (Temple Hills, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

Very brief, not too nerve wrecking. The manager was very easy to talk with and had a friendly demeanor. Pretty much told me I was hired on the spot. Started within a week. I could tell they needed new people.

Interview Questions

• why Forman mills?
      What are your experiences with retail? customer service?
      Availability ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Villa Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forman Mills (Villa Park, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was easy. It was another girl and me. The woman just asked us about ourselves and what are availability was. She told us about the company and what to expect and basically we were hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forman Mills (Whitehall, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

One interview face to face, no real questons asked other than availability. Availability was the most important topic during the interview. Basic conversation. I realised I was hired when the hiring person told me to give her my photo I.D.

Interview Questions

• Their wasnt any real questioning. I smiled and related with the hiring person. Thats what got me in the door.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All I asked was to be off on Sundays, for religious reasons. I still ended up working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forman Mills (Flint, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

The application process was normal not difficult at all. The interview was slightly unprofessional. The interview process was a breeze everyone that got interviewed with me were hire. Some I did not feel were a great candidate, but that was not my call to make.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forman Mills in March 2013.

Interview

It was really easy. They ask you about your previous cashier experience and then they tell you about the position and see if you are still interested. After that they will do a drug test right then and there which is a swab of you jaw. Then once the results come back then they will call you for your start date and training. Training is really based on you and if you understand whats being done.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forman Mills (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

They called a week after I applied and i went for the interview my interviewer was fairly disinterested in the interview overall. He asked me the generic question such as why are you interested in working here and when can you start i filled out all the necessary paperwork and that was pretty much it I started working maybe 2 days after.

Merchandise Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forman Mills (Whitehall, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

asked how many days of calling off in 30 day period are exceptable, Explained job details and what was expected . They would like you to complete 2 pallets a day

Merchandise Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forman Mills (Detroit, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied to the job a couple days later they called me for an interview got to the store early at 8 and they werent even opened yet so I sat there waiting for someone to come to the door. Got inside and sat down was handed a packet to fill out after I filled it out the hiring manager went through I and said ok we will call you with your start date. She ended up calling me when I got home and asked me to start two days later. Everybody else said they were back for their second interview that day but that was my first and only "interview".

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forman Mills (Cleveland, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview short, questions average for retail interview - case scenario. To hire, they want you to start immediately, burning bridge with current employer, then they let you go when grand opening is over.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who gets in your face?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave them a number and they accepted it. I thought it was high for the position, but they accepted.