Forsyth Technical Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Forsyth Technical Community College

2.7

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forsyth Technical Community College (Winston-Salem, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with about 8 people in a small conference room. They each took a turn asking me questions. I then did a presentation - short, about 10 mins - on a topic of my choosing but related to instructional design. It was a fairly standard interview process but I wasn't expecting that many people.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the ID process and how I use my experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate. HR was ridiculous with the process and I had to go around them to get to my hiring manager.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forsyth Technical Community College.

Interview

no interview took place. i was hired after an email inquiry regarding the lack of instructors in my area. at this point in higher education, i highly doubt this would occur again but it never hurts to try!

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Forsyth Technical Community College (Winston-Salem, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Committee interview comprised of divisional heads from throughout the college, especially instructional deans, as well as all professionals employed in the office in which I sought a position. This is the most important part of the interview process. One individual is selected from the pool of interviewees, and that person will be interviewed by the divisional vice president if they choose to continue in the process.

Interview Questions

• The committee asked me to describe my philosophy about a process crucial to the college and the crux of the position for which I was applying. I have been on several hiring committees since, and this is SOP for interviews for professional positions.   1 Answer

Work Study- Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forsyth Technical Community College (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

Two women interviewed me in a conference room. They both asked me different questions. It was a smooth interview. The questions were professional. During the interview I thought I messed up; however, one of the ladies said, "You are the first person to answer these questions without saying umh, or pause for a long time."

Recruitment and Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forsyth Technical Community College (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

It was a panel interview. It was very relaxed, each panel member took a turn asking a question previously selected by HR. The questions very average questions you are typically asked in an interview.

Engineering Department Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forsyth Technical Community College (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with board of three instructors from the department. Each instructor asked me questions about my background and why I was interested in teaching. The interview board was very courteous and asked detailed questions about my background in industry related to this position. The board leader took the time to describe the position details and to give me details on the current status of the school.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in CNC or conventional machining manufacturing or training   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forsyth Technical Community College in March 2009.

Interview

I was asked about my past experience and how it might apply to the position I was being considered for. I also asked what I would be interesting in doing and how would I teach the classs, and if I felt that I would have problem in teaching what was required.

Interview Questions

• How long had it been since I had taught a class   1 Answer