KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Fort Worth Symphony Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 4 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fort Worth Symphony

Fort Worth Symphony

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Fort Worth Symphony

Interview

Was contacted recently by a recruiter asking if I was interested in a VP level position with the FWSO. I responded that I was and was given a date and time to expect a call. The call was extremely chaotic. The recruiter immediately started going off about how they couldn't think clearly because they didn't take their allergy medication or drink any coffee. They then proceeded to tell me that while they thought I had some great experience, they felt that I wasn't "ready" for this position - even though the recruiter already had my work history and was the one who reached out to me. They also gave me some info about the orchestra that was not accurate, which I know because of publicly available information and from personal contacts that I have at FWSO.

Interview Questions
  • How much do you make currently?
    Answer Question

Fort Worth Symphony

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fort Worth Symphony in Nov 2019

Interview

Overall, this has by far been one of the most disorganized, unprofessional hiring and interview processes I've ever participated in. I don't typically post my interview experiences on Glassdoor but this entire experience left such a bad taste in my mouth I thought I should share it to alert other prospective candidates that are considering employment with the FWSO. 3 interviews, the first is over the phone with the VP of Marketing and VP of Development. I applied for the position at 8pm in the evening and within 30 minutes I was contacted for a phone interview. A few days after the phone interview, I was called in for an in-person interview with the same individuals, plus the CEO of the FWSO. One off-putting question I was asked by the CEO when he reviewed my resume was "How did a young person like you convince your current employer to let you be an Assistant Director?" I felt like that question was age-discriminatory and condescending, and most HR departments worth their salt would probably frown upon that interview question, but I played ball anyway. I closed the in-person interview with the question, "Do you have any concerns about my skills or qualifications as they pertain to this position?" No concerns, the panel said they were impressed with what I had to offer. A few days later, I got asked to do a final in-person interview with one of the FWSO's board members. The day before this interview, the executive admin emailed me to let me know the interview was canceled and would be rescheduled. Then a few hours later I was emailed that the interview was back on as planned. It was kind of frustrating, but things happen and you do what you have to do in order to get the job, right? I head into the interview with the board member; the VP of Development and the COO is also there. The VP of Development seems to be guiding the interview and saying things like, "In our previous interview, I was really impressed about your thoughts on [insert topic], can you expand on that?" At the end of the interview, I once again asked "Do you have any final concerns about my skills or qualifications as they pertain to this position? If so, I'd like the opportunity to address them now." Once again, no concerns from the panel. Following this, the board member exclaimed "I don't have a problem with this one, you can hire them if you want!" So I'm leaving the interview, thinking I got the job. Everything seemed really positive despite how unorganized the actual interviewing process was. The board member even gave their blessing to the hiring manager in front of me. A week goes by, I didn't hear back. With that being said, it was Thanksgiving week, people are out of the office, no big, right? I wait a few more weeks. It's been nearly a month since I interviewed, so I send an email asking on the status of the position. I get an email back telling me that while my "qualifications and skills impressed" the team, they felt that those skills were not the "right fit" for the position. Frustrating, considering my years of relevant experience lined up perfectly with this opportunity and I attempted to address any concerns they might have had during the interview process. Had I not emailed them asking for an update, I doubt I would have heard back at all. At the time of this writing, the position has still not been filled. Overall, this experience was incredibly disorganized and unprofessional. It's one thing to not get the job, but to be given so much false hope during the interview process by most of the people making a hiring decision is incredibly cruel. Hopefully the FWSO can get their HR department built up so that they can fix their hiring process and future candidates will have a better experience than I did.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses? How did a young person like you convince your current employer to let you be an Assistant Director? How do you motivate your employees?

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fort Worth Symphony (Fort Worth, TX)

Interview

Responded to an ad posted on craigslist. After a week or two, I was pretty certain that I'd been passed over, but I got a phonecall at work one day and was asked if I would mind answering a few short questions. The questions were easy, including things like "What sort of hourly pay are you looking for?" and "Why would you like to work for a non-profit?" After choosing all the "right" answers to the questions, I was asked to come into the office the following week. I was early to the interview, so I was asked to wait in the lobby while the managers got prepared. Apparently, they weren't even remotely ready, because we ended up starting the interview about 15 or 20 minutes later than it had been scheduled. It was also in an odd location, because the location they had planned to use was occupied. The interview itself was relatively relaxed and friendly, with one manager reading steadfastly from the list of questions printed in front of them, and the other essentially being in attendance for comic relief and encouragement. The questions were very basic and easy to answer. I spent several days studying typical interview questions to ready myself, and felt grossly over-prepared. Although I regret accepting the job offer, I have to admit that the interviewing process was easy and stress-free.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think is a true sign that you have been successful at your job?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fort Worth Symphony (Fort Worth, TX) in Apr 2012

Interview

The hiring and interview process for the Fort Worth Symphony was basically informal, relaxed and down to earth, my interviewer was the Manager of the Patron Developement Department who was just a very professional and knowledgeable, person with no hidden agenda. The interview was held on a Saturday and lasted about an hour, as I said previously, laid back informal interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Since my background is in the arts I found no unusal or difficult questions and the position does not neccessarily require a full music, or arts background. Just good listening skills, and persuassive ability.
RSS Feed</>Embed