Foss Maritime Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foss Maritime Interview Questions

Part Time Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foss Maritime.

Interview

Thirty min phone screen. An hour face to face interview. And then a lengthy online application packet for an entry level job detailing an 10 year job employment history for an part time receptionist job? Seriously?

While, this company has been around for 100 years, I sensed that there were cracks in it during the interview as far as software (heck, they had just installed the HR system the day of my interview) and possible leadership issues. It just seemed very behind the time.
    They did tell me that they were moving from SLU to Pioneer Square.

I also got a rejection call from someone who I had never met, so I half wonder if they were going to go with an internal candidate all along in the first place.

Infrastructure Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Foss Maritime (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very detailed but overall friendly. They know exactly what they need and want. Had many specific questions. First was a management interview followed by the team interview. Interviews were mostly friendly.

Interview Questions

• Prior experiences with infrastructure projects   1 Answer

Biology Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dutch Harbor, AK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foss Maritime (Dutch Harbor, AK) in May 2015.

Interview

The process involved submitting an application packet (letter, resume, and supporting documents) by way of e-mail. This was followed up with a series of interviews, both with the potential immediate supervisor and the organizational senior executive. Interviews were conducted via Skype, with telephone back-up. Document screening was done using cloud-based data bases.

Interview Questions

• How would I make use of a particular facility (a green-house and ecology laboratory) in the development of curriculum and lesson planning?   1 Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foss Maritime (Richmond, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Personal questions