Framestore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.6

CG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Framestore (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It is a regular interview process, you need to talk about yourself, and show some of your art works. And talk about the process of your work. The HR will tell you the responsibility of the intern.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Framestore (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the website, they called you after a week. There will be a supervisor, hr, and one employee to review you. Ask you all the professional questions, and ask you about your portfolio.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Framestore (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Took over a month to hear back from them after applying. Went in for two interviews, one with the facilities manager and recruiter, and one with the head producers. First was friendly and felt nice. Second one felt like they really didn't have time to waste by sitting and talking with me.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, goals, experience, etc. Asked for a tour, which really helped me stand out.   Answer Question

3D Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Framestore (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

They asked me to talk about My past experiences and what kind of software I use. They talked about the current projects and how they the company tend to do things

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable learning new software?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Framestore in August 2016.

Interview

I was offered a phone interview just a few days after I applied for the job. The overall interview was pretty average, the woman I talked to was very easy going. Just make sure that you're already living in the city that you're applying for. The interview was going really well until I mentioned it might take a week or so before I start. I think that's what lost me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Framestore?
      What position should you be looking to move into?   Answer Question

Compositing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Framestore (Savannah, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and professional. I was very nervous, but after talking to them I felt at ease.
    They made sure to make note of all my interests and skill sets

CFX Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Framestore in February 2015.

Interview

Very typical, very simple. Couple video phone interviews and that was it. If you've been hired on at any other film studio you're very used to this type of hiring. If you're local they simply have you come into the studio.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my specific position, how long I've been doing it, what other projects have I worked on, what experience I have, etc.   Answer Question

VR Engine Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Framestore (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Submit via company recruiting site, and HR contact and coordinate phone and onsite interview in 1 week. The overall waiting process is the longest I had ever experienced. Team is small but focus and efficient.

Interview Questions

• How will you design a phys engine, and describe required classes and components?   Answer Question
    • What is the most impressive VR experience to you?   Answer Question
    • Describe the most complex shader program you had developed previously in detail.   Answer Question

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Framestore (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Video interview, pretty standard. Everything was pretty laid back, they just asked questions about my previous experiences. I was approached by the recruiter which is how I got the lead. The time from the first email, to interview, to job acceptance was about 2 weeks total as an ongoing conversation.

Interview Questions

• Questions like what are my hobbies, past experiences with compositing, etc. They do a couple little "test questions" in my opinion to see if you really know what you are talking about (as any smart employer should).   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Framestore in March 2014.

Interview

Very quick process, which was nice. The employees and interviewers were open and enthusiastic, and the working environment gave an overall positive impression. Interviewed with many different people over the course of a few days, felt great about my potential fit for the job, and received a lot of positive feedback. However, once the question of potential compensation was brought up, the tone changed and the interviewers stressed "entry level" despite the position being advertised as at least a tier above that with the myriad responsibilities that entailed. Low entry level pay for the amount of gruelling hours required weekly, minimal 30 minute break during the working day, along with complicated and essential responsibilities doesn't add up. Very disappointing.