Franklin College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Franklin College Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Franklin College

Candidate Interview Review

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Franklin College in July 2008.

Interview

I originally noticed the the posting online so I called the Director of the department and she told me that she was still accepting applications. I went through an initial phone interview, then received a call back a few days later requesting that I schedule a campus visit. I scheduled a visit for my second interview and drove close to five hours to get there. The college would have paid for a plane ticket but there were no flight times that worked well with my schedule. I interviewed with a panel of professionals in the Divison (it spans across seven departments). I then met with a panel of students that was comprised of student leaders. I then met with the Dean of Students, Director of Residence Life and the Director of Employee Resources (our version of HR) individually. I would have also met with the President of the College but he was away on vacation. I was given a tour of the campus and the apartment that would be mine if I were to be hired. The Director called me the following week saying that they wanted me for the position. Once hired, I received a refund for the mileage for my interview as well as a partial relocation refund. The entire process seemed very well organized and I was never left in the dark as to what the next step would be in the process. The students seemed a bit sheltered and not ready for the real world but I decided to make it a goal to help prepare those students once hired.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected answers, the hardest thing for me to do is the describe yourself/hobbies question. I didn't want to give too much information but I also did not want to say hi, my name is...I went x university and I like to play basketball.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiation. It was easier to negotiate after I had been on the job for a while. It was easier to negotiate quality of life details than the salary aspects.