Freeport-McMoRan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freeport-McMoRan Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.6

Temporary Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan.

Interview

It was over the phone with the team that I would be working for. The whole thing took about an hour. The team took turns asking me questions. My offer was received via phone as well.

Geomechanics Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was called a month later to schedule a phone interview. I had the phone interview a month after that. I should be hearing back next week sometime.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you want to do after you graduate?
      2. What interests you about Fm and the mining industry in general?
      3. Time when there was someone who wasn’t pulling their weight and what did you do to motivate them?
      4. Witnessed an unsafe activity and result?
      5. Why are you the best person for the position?   Answer Question

Metallurgist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan (Tucson, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

Very simple process. Called me, asked to set up a phone interview. I called in at the agreed time a week later, there were three people listening in on the phone. They asked a series of questions. Told me they would be in touch within a few weeks. About a week later they gave me a call back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you saw safety being mistreated in the work place and how you reacted to the to correct it?   Answer Question
    • What type of employee do you think we should hire for this position?   Answer Question

Compensation and Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the company website , then got a phone screening interview with HR, then a department interview with the assigned team. The process didn't take long.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone interview mainly as it was internship position. Got interviewed by Human Resource and professionals in the field. Overall, interview process wasn't bad. It took few weeks to hear about the outcome of the interview.

Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Wasn't too bad. It was a 4 way phone interview. Me and three recruiters. Not much small talk they sort of just dived into the questions and a little bit of q&a afterwards. Phone interview was about 30 minutes total. Met them at college fair, called me for an interview two weeks after. Its been almost two months and I have yet to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• What about the mining industry makes you wanna work here? Why did you choose your major? Tell me a situation someone was not being safe or doing their part in a project.   Answer Question

Metallurgical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan.

Interview

it was a brief interview over phone where a couple of questions were asked about previous experience, academic goals and projects and some basic hr questions. It was a 15 minute interview

Geology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Email with HR, phone interview with geology team, background check, drug screen....
    Interview was very simple. Freeport doesn't do prerecorded video interviews. Make sure to send a CV with your resume. Also, send in relevant research. Geology is very competitive so only apply if you are pursuing a MSc.

Interview Questions

• What classes have you taken that relate to mining?
      What type of safety experience have you had in the past and how did you handle it?
      Do you work well in a team environment?
      Have you interned before?
      How can your other internships add to this internship?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Inital contact was with HR to setup interview for week following. Phone interview with hiring manager lasted about 90 minutes and very thorough, mix of technical and personal questions made me feel at ease. Site visit to meet hiring manager and other staff lasted about 6 hours and was very informative, could see they would be good to work with.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize large datasets and serve them out to users efficiently?   1 Answer

Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan (Tucson, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Ten minute phone interview, they only went over each of my working experiences as listed on my resume, asked me how and what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work there.
    No behavioral questions.
    Finally asked if I had any relevant information to add to my resume.
    No additional questions.

I received an email a couple of days later telling me no.