Fresh Success Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fresh Success Marketing

2.2

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fresh Success Marketing (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Short and to the point. Was a little nerve wracking but the interview process is quick and painless. Just answer the questions truthfully and to the best of your abilities.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been convicted of a crime?   1 Answer

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fresh Success Marketing in February 2016.

Interview

Quick and Vague. I tried to ask a few questions about the nature of the position and the company, but didn't get any solid answers. They called me to ask about an in-person interview, as they don't allow phone interviews. I couldn't get any information about compensation, but then I read that it is minimum wage and sales based. The job description said it was not sales-based, so I am not sure they're being very up front about what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Are you located in San Antonio? Can you come to San Antonio for an interview?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fresh Success Marketing (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Was called within 24 hours of applying to job. Went to their office and sat among housewives and high school kids applying to vaguely similar positions that varied only in title. First interview introduced what sounded like a strange organizational structure. You work as a low-paid associate for six months then if you survive, you start getting into recruiting, and within 2 years you're getting paid an excess of 84k. These folks demo products at Costcos, HEBs, and Sam's Clubs.

They gave me a second interview on the spot. I went to a Sam's Club and watched them hassle customers to buy stain-resistant bamboo pillows and hair dryers. There was a sales quota but they couldn't describe the tracking method. Everything was incredibly vague and each question they couldn't answer re-directed to the "but in two years you'll be making the big money."

Interview Questions

• Do you think a manager can be effective if they have not done the task (job) of their subordinates?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fresh Success Marketing (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

They will tell you that you are applying for a management position but in reality you will be a sales rep trying to sell different products for at least 8 months before you you can become a manager. You will also be told the salary is hourly vs performance, another words you don't sell anything well prepare yourself to get min wage!

Interview Questions

Very misleading, quit after two wks. sales rep is not a job I was looking for with a degree!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fresh Success Marketing (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The reviews are true: this is a pyramid scheme. Fresh Success is an "event-based" marketing company with contracts for Walmart and Sam's Club. They are the guys standing behind a table hocking various wares. During my interview, the interviewer explained to me that they promote people quickly based on how voraciously they can sell their products. They pay all their employees a small hourly wage with the promises of commission and bonuses by selling more and reaching or exceeding their goals. I was very explicit in not wanting to work a sales job but in the end, everything is about sales. The goal at this company is to get you good enough at sales to hire someone else to do your job, and then hiring more people to do your job at other Walmarts until you open up your own company under a different name. Fresh Success is one of three of these pyramid schemes in town. They trick unknowing college graduates into thinking its a real job by forcing everyone to dress professionally and attend daily meetings. Instead they get a bunch of kids who don't know how to dress thinking they're big shot marketers. I'd only recommend working here if you're the kind of person that is all about the grind and wants money however you can. You're gonna be grinding 7 days a week, all day, all night. They expect you to email the CEO (it's a small company) and explain/beg why you're qualified for the job before you can move on in the interview process. There are so many better sales jobs out there that will pay you more and treat you better.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends?   Answer Question
    • The more days you're willing to work the more you get paid, do you really think you'd want to take vacation time? (in reference to vacation benefits)   Answer Question

Fresh Success Marketing Response

Jan 3, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience at Fresh Success. We are sorry to hear that you left with a less than positive impression of our company. Our goal as an organization... More

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fresh Success Marketing (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

While this company advertises what sounds like great jobs it's really only looking for product demonstrators. They advertise under various names FSM, etc.
    It is a job mill. The office was disorganized and the interviewer was a kid barely out of school. This is not the job or company they advertise but a place looking to suck you in.

Interview Questions

Fresh Success Marketing Response

May 2, 2017 – HR Director

We are sorry for your experience. We had interview different positions with different background of exepreince. Thank for feedback!

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fresh Success Marketing (San Antonio, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

Received a call regarding an application submitted online. Phone screening first, then was told I would interview with the CEO the next day. Interview was actually with what appeared to be an employee.

The job posting online describes management responsibility, including hiring and training. I had researched company reviews, social media posts, and facts about the company prior to the interview. This is a direct marketing company, with multi-level marketing strategies, selling products through displays at big box stores. Not product placement on shelves, or design aspects of marketing, but kiosks and tables. I figured this was going to be a retail sales position in disguise and was hoping to hear differently during the interview.

Interviewer was professional and courteous, however the process felt more like a pitch to me about the business model, rather than a real explanation of the starting position. The company states they're a cohesive environment and culture, yet they didn't ask me to tell them about myself? With my hiring experience, this is one of the first questions that I ask a candidate, to learn more about them as a person. So, of course I'm suspicious now. The interviewer voluntarily tells me that entry level compensation is about $36k annual and managers are making $75k-$100k annual. Sound like every other sales pitch to you? Keep in mind, the job posting states a base pay, nothing about commission or entry level requirements. To test his reaction, I write down $75k-$100k on my tablet. As soon as the interviewer saw this, he quickly stated "well, this is the first of about 4 interviews", and then reiterates that this in an entry level position. At this point, I realize the structure of the company is multi-level marketing and decide to shut down the interview.

Again, the interviewer was professional and courteous, nothing against him. However, the job posting, and actuality of the position did not match. This is multi-level marketing in disguise, just be upfront and call it what it is. Might be good for some people, not for me.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you for an entry level position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fresh Success Marketing (San Antonio, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

The attire was business professional and my interviewer was very cordial and friendly. I was not nervous during the interview because of how personable the interviewer was. It was a very easy and relaxed interview, I felt like the interviewer was trying to sell me on their company and I didn't really have to work hard to prove I was qualified. There ate 3 rounds of interviews, they immediately wanted me to go and see one of their sales demonstrations as part of their interview process but I declined because the job role was not a good fit for me personally.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were a leader.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work in a high stress situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fresh Success Marketing (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Basic First Interview: fill out application, bring printed copy of resume, brief overview of company and position. Was not asked multitude of questions.

Waiting on call for second round interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in relationship to handling events and people?   2 Answers

Event Coordinator Interview

Interview

way too complicated. multiple interviews for minimum wage. traveling to multiple locations for hiring process. misleading and unclear what the position was. saying that you wouldnt be demonstrators, but taking you to see a demonstration.

wasnt the right fit