Fresno State Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.7

Administrative Support Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fresno State (Fresno, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Straight forward telephone interview, very slow process. After you apply you get an automatic response and then you do not hear anything for thirty to sixty days. Received a panel interview via telephone as one candidate could not do an in person interview. Did not hear anything for another two months until I saw a name in the position I applied to. Have never heard back from department that interviewed me or from Human Resources.

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fresno State (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very strait forward. Started with a phone screening via conference line with a number of professors in the biology department. From there they had me answer a few questions as if I were in the role. They followed up shortly there after with a timeline for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee tried hard but didn't get the grades to pass?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fresno State (Fresno, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

As a Graduate Assistant I have to work on SAS and Access database. So during the interview process my knowledge of these technologies was tested and the interview process was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Apart form technical questions they asked how long will I be able to work for them.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fresno State (Fresno, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

transparency is their in interview process. It started at exact time and also finished before end time. First they check my education background. Then they ask few questions on my future planning.

Interview Questions

• In mechanical filed which branch did you loved to work?   1 Answer

Administrative Support Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fresno State (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a department member for a face to face interview. It was a panel interview and then I met with two other people in charge of the department. The questions were pretty standard, asked about why you want the job. Then my references were contacted. But I didn't get an offer even though I pass the interviews and my background check, my qualifications match their requirements. It was a waste of time to go through it when the position doesn't seem to be available.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions, tell me something about yourself? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How do you stay organized? Scenario questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fresno State (Fresno, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was good experience. The faculty and the search chair were very supportive and they asked good questions. After the initial phone interview, I was invited to an on campus interview.

Administrative Support Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fresno State (Fresno, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

- Applied through the website.
    - Person that oversees me called me in for an interview
    - Went to interview. Was asked for references.
    - Was called and offered the position about a week later.

It was quick. I don't think my references were ever called upon

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fresno State (Fresno, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Submit job application, brief interview by Chair of department and another professor regarding areas of interest and basic competency, took a few months to receive job offer as opportunity to teach depends critically on department funding and approval by the next level (deans) and state budget. Contract is contingent on enrollment and hence never final until after third class meeting as it can be voided due to insufficient enrollment.

Interview Questions

• None as work of an instructor of beginning college level classes is considered easy, which most people with advanced degrees in a particular specialization should have little problem. However, teaching philosophy and how a course is approach and organized are critical areas to be prepared ahead of time with thoughtful answers. Often that may be the determining factor in whether one gets a part-time position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

easy, felt comfortable