G/O Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at G/O Digital

2.6

Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at G/O Digital (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

After my resume being passed on to the manager of the strategy department, I received an email to set up a phone interview with the manager. I set up the interview and received a phone call from the manager a few days later. I was asked a few questions about my previous experience, how that experience would help me in this role and a question about creating a new process during a specific project. After discussing my answers and asking if I had any questions, I was informed that the VP of Strategy may want to have an in-person interview in the Phoenix office, however this was never required. A few days after my phone interview, I received an email informing me that I had got the job and would be required to submit a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous job experience help you in this role?   Answer Question

Appointment Setter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G/O Digital (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was very simple, easy behavioral type questions, once you go through the interview they briefly explain your role but do not go into further information. Also i noticed the online posting did not provide a description of the role either.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to provide disappointing news that could potentially damage the relationship with a client.   Answer Question

SEO Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G/O Digital (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a very quick response from the recruiting team after I was referred by a current employee. The recruiter contacted me almost immediately for a phone interview. It lasted approximately 15 minutes. After, I was scheduled for an in-person interview which took place 2 days after initial communication. The entire application to interview process only lasted about 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What other teams besides the one you applied to are you knowledgeable about or would be open to switching to?   2 Answers

SEO Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at G/O Digital in April 2015.

Interview

Only got it to the phone interview. She asked about my past then dove straight into pay. They were asking for 2 years of experience but not offering salary and the hourly pay would have paid more then 10k less then the industry average for this area.
    The interview kind of stopped at that point and I was no longer interested.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G/O Digital (New York, NY).

Interview

Call with someone from HR. Very unimpressive. I thought about not going forward with the interview based on the moron who interviewed me. We had to reschedule several times because the recruiter missed two of our calls.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at G/O Digital (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

They tend to have the first interview with peers (two, usually a senior developer and a QA/C#/database developer) to answer technical questions and to assess your personality. If recommended by them the lead developer/architect will do a one-on-one interview to understand what you are looking for in the job and make sure your understand the type of product they're working on. If he okays it, you'll then meet with him and the VP for a final interview where you'll get asked questions on how you dealt with failure or success or other questions that sound like they come right out of a bestseller book on business management.

Interview Questions

• If you wrote a book about your life, what would it be like and why should I read it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter simply passed along the offer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G/O Digital (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. The first is with management (2-3 managers interview you) and the second is with co-workers (2-3 coworkers interview you.) The technical questions were fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• How do you get the IP address of a computer?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G/O Digital (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

all by phone,,they just want to tell you whatever you want to hear to get you to take the job.

They don't want to admit that less than 5% of the sales force is making budget, some regions have no one making budget

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G/O Digital.

Interview

I had a interview with hiring manager and two of QA engineers same day. Next interview I had with VP. The questions mostly related to testing processes and my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• If you would like to write a book, what would it be about?   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at G/O Digital (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Casual but without structure or focus. Was contacted for a phone interview by manager but assistant indicated I needed to be onsite for face to face next day. Communication breakdown was apparent and no logistical information about parking was provided. Company is in flux and have many issues to address. Definitely needs to establish some best practices to insure a good candidate experience whether or not they are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Given my skill level did not feel interview questions directed to explore skills and how I could resolve company business challenges which seemed to be extensive given current leadership, staffing and staff issues. Although it was a casual conversation there still needed to be some structure, none was present.   1 Answer