G/O Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G/O Digital Interview Questions

Interviews at G/O Digital

2.6

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G/O Digital.

Interview

I applied for this position and received a phone screen a couple weeks later. The interview was with an HR rep. The questions were typical 'give me an example when' / STAR responses expected. HR person seemed like a good person. I appreciated the insight into the organization - which was larger and more dynamic than I expected!

My 50K foot view of our conversation was that this person was not in 'tech' but has been interviewing people in 'tech' knowing enough of what to ask despite the lack of 'real understanding.' You & I know this is expected for this role type. What I didn't expect and strongly sensed from our conversation was that this person had gone through the ringer with 'bad' candidates that were actually project managers or product people without genuine product management experience or Scrum Masters wanting to stretch out. I was put on the ropes when my response leaned too far this way or that. I knew I was on the wrong end of the stick about 10min into the call. Soft skill attempts to course correct failed...to no surprise, no call back. Take it for what it's worth; but, it's almost 2 months later and the same position is still being posted and reposted. I think if they swapped out phone screeners here with the hiring manager, they'd have this role filled in a week's time. Just a thought!

Interview Questions

• I can't remember - they were all common questions for the PM role   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G/O Digital (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. The first is with management (2-3 managers interview you) and the second is with co-workers (2-3 coworkers interview you.) The technical questions were fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• How do you get the IP address of a computer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G/O Digital.

Interview

I had a interview with hiring manager and two of QA engineers same day. Next interview I had with VP. The questions mostly related to testing processes and my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• If you would like to write a book, what would it be about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G/O Digital (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview processed entailed applying online as well as attempting to network via linkedin. The second phase was one round of interviewing with a subsequent job offer. I then accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my previous experience would allow me to work in project management/if I was organized and prepared to work with a constantly changing company.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G/O Digital (New York, NY).

Interview

Call with someone from HR. Very unimpressive. I thought about not going forward with the interview based on the moron who interviewed me. We had to reschedule several times because the recruiter missed two of our calls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G/O Digital (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying online I got an interview call from G/O Digital's Chicago office (The company was known as Cofactor before being acquired). I was scheduled to interview with five people including the Project Manager (Development), QA Assurance Manager, Director of Product Management, Sr Director of Development and someone from the PMO.

The interview went really well and all the senior leaders were really relaxed and friendly. I thought that I had this one covered and left happily.

After the two and a half hour interview, I received a reject from the company within an hour. The message was communicated over the phone and a courtesy email was too much to expect from the representatives at G/O Digital.

The project manager and the HR representative were the ones coordinating my interview process. Both the employees behaved so unprofessionally when it came to responding to my post-interview queries. When I asked for reimbursement, for traveling to and from Chicago, the HR representative said that he would let me know and he never did. I repeatedly send them emails and left them voice messages asking for feedback and reimbursement but I never heard back from either of them.

Sometimes, it's good when you don't fall for companies like these. I had high hopes from an organization like Tegna but I guess I had a good look at the organizational culture during this interview. I am grateful for the unprofessional behavior of the HR rep and the project manager that I ended up with a better company and a better job.

Please ask for a reimbursement before you interview with them or don't expect to see them after.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Quality Assurance in the software industry?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Agile Project Management?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at G/O Digital (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Was a referral that was contacted by HR and she went through the basic questions. Then I was sent
    a link to do a video interview which was really weird. It was awkward and impersonal. The HR person then had me send the video and resume to the sales manager and he would call back.
    He never called back. Never heard back from anyone. I will be sending an email to the CEO about the handling of this situation and could explain the VERY HIGH turnover rate at the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for G/O?   1 Answer

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at G/O Digital (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied through a referral, was contacted via email within 24 hours but then the recruiter no-showed my interview. I tried to reschedule via phone and email but she was nearly unresponsive and then offered times I had already told her did not work. It was 3 weeks later that I actually had a phone interview which lasted about 15 min and led to an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle rejection of your work with no explanation?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G/O Digital.

Interview

3 phone interviews. Final hiring manager call, she tried to talk me out of wanting to work with the company. She left before I even finished training. Should have been a clue.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G/O Digital.

Interview

Very casual. Interviewer only asked a few work related questions. It did not seem like the interviewer wanted to interview me. I could tell in the middle of the interview that she did not want to be there and to be honest, I was not surprised I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What programs (ie Microsoft Office programs) are you most comfortable with?   Answer Question