GEO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 21, 2016

2.9

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEO (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview went very well, short about 30 min. Don't know about the questions they asked and won't know till after holidays if I'm hired. Human resources still has others to interview. It will be 12 hr shifts. Then a training process will begin.

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jena, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEO (Jena, LA).

Interview

HR was quick, polite and professional. Not much pressure if you know your stuff. Just make sure to review policies before hand, maybe talk to a few current officers.

Interview Questions

• What do you refer to the residents of the facility as?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GEO (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a lengthy questionnaire with many essay questions, before we even got to an interview. At the actual interview, the gentleman was interested in what church I went to, family situation,what clubs I was in, and what sports I might be able to coach. I needed to guide the interview towards what were the actual openings, hours, contract, pay, location of the school etc. I also reminded him that some questions were illegal to ask. This guy seemed young and inexperienced . Once I "passed" the district level I had a much more traditional interview with the principal of the school. So the experience in the office was negative, but the principal knew what she was doing.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing they asked you? DISTRICT level Which church do you attend?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? DISTRICT If you were an insect what would you be and why?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? SCHOOL How would you handle an irate parent opposed to the mandatory state testing?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? SCHOOL How would you handle a transgender student in your classroom?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? SCHOOL How would you adapt your lesson for students who do not speak English?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Reasonable. They presented what they considered standard. I negotiated increased salary based upon my experience and special skills. I got time off in summer in writing. Additional classes, such as training the staff, will be additional compensation.

Regional Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEO (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

An appointment was made, over the phone, by a staff recruiter and then followed up by an e-mail confirmation of date and time for the telephone interview of the screener. Telephone interview and first level process with talent screener. The screener was out of the corporate office and I was in Charlotte, NC.
    At the conclusion of the call, he said that they would be getting back to everyone for final candidates by the next week. That never happened. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with labor unions?   1 Answer

Correctional Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEO (Lawton, OK).

Interview

Application (no resumes). Called for first interview next day. Received second interview that week. I belive the process has changed since then.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can work with inmates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. They offered a hourly rate of pay and unless you are applying for upper management they do not negotiate.

Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearsall, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GEO (Pearsall, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

they asked for your credit history, if you have debt, you better be making payments, including your phone bill, next they do a background check, this part, they will even interview your landlord (they did mine) next they sit you in a room for 4hrs asking question about your past.

Interview Questions

• they will ask if you have been arrested, and about your parents past   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEO (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in June 2012.

Interview

first they will call you and then hr person is going to ask you about your background your previous earning nature of previous job and about your skills and then he will through you with channel md or executive person

Interview Questions

• how much you were earning in previous job?   1 Answer
    • all digress are original?   1 Answer

Corrections Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEO in February 2012.

Interview

I was ask many scenerious

Interview Questions

Negotiation

practice before going to an interview , my hardest is Why Do you want to work for geo