GMMB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.9

SEO Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GMMB (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out via LinkedIn to schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview did not begin on time, though it was fairly standard with a discussion of work experience, skills, past client work, accomplishments, etc. I was invited to the DC office for three, 30-minute in-person interviews after the phone discussion. None of the three started on time. The recruiter could not locate these individuals (two of the three had just started a few months ago). Did ultimately meet with all three - one brought personal problems into a so-called professional interview, discussing flood damage to apartment. Said individual also did not have sent resume available and referred to cell phone during the interview, limiting eye contact. The other had to cut the interview, which began later than scheduled as is, 10 minutes short (lasted from 11:30am -11:50am as opposed to until noon as scheduled). As far as next steps were concerned, recruiter finished by saying contact will take place within a week or feedback would be given - nothing after six weeks.

As someone who has multiple years of experience working for highly recognized clients, I can safely say this was the worst interview experience I've had. Be very cautious when dealing with them - they are disorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have interacting directly with clients?   1 Answer

GMMB Response

Jul 13, 2017 – SVP, Human Resources

I'm disappointed to hear about your interview experience . It is our goal in the Talent & Culture team to ensure all of our candidates have a positive experience. Admittedly, we have just... More

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GMMB (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview with a recruiter. We talked about the basics of the job. She asked normal questions about my background, experience managing, and some specifics about this role like my experience with reporting quantitative and qualitative data to clients. She also asked about salary requirements. She promised to get back to me to talk to people on the team the position was with next, but I didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with reporting results to clients?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GMMB (Washington, DC).

Interview

You have two-three interviews and a writing test. One phone screen with HR, then an interview with people on the team you'd be working on and a partner. It may take 1-3 months for them to make a final decision depending on their need.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at GMMB (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had an amazing phone interview with a Recruiter in DC. I felt really confident after the call and was told she would follow up the following Monday with information about next steps for an in person interview. I was very excited and looking forward to learning more about the Seattle office. The recruiter was really easy to talk to and very friendly. Following week I followed up with an email and then end of week with a phone call. 3 weeks later I still have not heard anything and no response to any of my outreach attempts. I assume I didn't get the job but I felt that after the first call it would be been nice to at least get a follow up email.

Interview Questions

• Average backgorund/ experience questions. Also specifics about the field this position would be working in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GMMB (Washington, DC).

Interview

First was a 5-minute phone call with the HR department. Afterward, I was invited to the office for 3-4 rounds of interviews with 2-3 GMMB staffers in each. Then, I was asked to complete a copy edit and social media test with blog post in a 2-hour period at home. Last, I was invited back in for another 4 rounds of interviews with 1-3 staffers in each, including SVPs, Partners, and the Managing Director of the office.

Interview Questions

• What issues was I passionate about? Describe a positive/negative relationship with a past supervisor? How do you work with people who have bigger personalities than you? Tell us about a time you had to predict a supervisor's needs.   Answer Question

Account Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GMMB in April 2016.

Interview

2 interviews. First one with their HR rep was just to go over my resume, second one was a video chat with the two women who will be my supervisors. There was about a week between the interviews and about a week before they followed up to check my references.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a difficult workload/how to you manage days with a light workload?   Answer Question
    • What is something interesting you've been working on in the past week?   Answer Question
    • What do you hope to get out of this internship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GMMB (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Two rounds.. First is phone screening by HR, easy and informative, basic questions. Second is Skype interview, with those who will be your supervisors. They did not ask any particularly challenging questions. They asked me to walk through your resume, tell me about yourself etc. Have questions to ask. Care about the culture. They spent most of the interview telling me about the role.

Senior Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GMMB (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I was invited to take part in a 30 minute phone interview. This was the first step in the process. It was merely a screening. It was a very pleasant back and forth exchange about my skill set and the role. At that time I was told a follow up one on one interview with a decision maker would happen soon. I never did.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GMMB in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the Assistant Account Executive position. I was notified through email from a HR Assistant from GMMB for a phone interview after about 2-3 weeks I've submitted the application. The interview only took about 20 minutes. The interviewee sounded like she had no interest in hiring me from the beginning; I could tell by her tone of speech. I felt like she was doing the interview because it's her thing to do. I sent follow up emails but have not heard anything from them since.

Interview Questions

• How were you able to improve your problem solving skills?   Answer Question

AAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GMMB (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview was straight forward and to the point. called back for office interview, took one hour. Met with five staff members, some senior, some entry level. Interview was more of a dialogue than traditional interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions like how do you deal with low team moral etc.   1 Answer