GTE Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GTE Financial

2.6

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GTE Financial (Tampa, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

No issue , very smooth

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was zero negotiation for the job

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GTE Financial (Tampa, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

There was a phone interview and a in person interview. They make you feel as if you got the job from the way they're talking but do not assume anything. Tellers work at headquarters and the interview would be there as well. They didn't really introduce themselves just went straight to asking questions. There was two people the lead and the supervisor. Both gave positive responses after each answer along with the recruiter. To my surprise I was not being considered for the position for whatever reason. Felt like the whole thing was misleading.

Interview Questions

GTE Financial Response

Mar 6, 2018 – Internal Communications & Knowledge Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your interview experience with GTE Financial. We’re sorry that you feel the process was a less than stellar experience. As part of our culture... More

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GTE Financial (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I had to interview with the branch manager and supervisor. They asked the usual interview questions and they also asked about sales experience. Since I applied for a teller position they also wanted to know my cash handling experience.

Interview Questions

• How many credit cards did you cross-sale at your previous job?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GTE Financial.

Interview

Had two interviews and has been over a month since the 2nd one and still have not heard anything back. First one was with the HR contact and the second one was with two of the hiring managers in the department you are trying to get an internship in. They told me I would hear back in 2 weeks and as I stated before it has been over a month and I have yet to hear back from anyone after several attempts of reaching out to them.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GTE Financial (Tampa, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I was called to come in for an interview to meet with the managers. It ended up being some kind of theme day, they were dressed as hippies. I interviewed with two people in the same room. They mostly asked about my work history and how much financial experience. When I couldn't offer any financial experience I could tell they were as interested. They also asked a lot of questions as to why I was leaving my current company.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my financial experience   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GTE Financial (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

One face-to-face interview. No difficult questions. Very comfortable. We had a good back and forth discussion. It didn't seem like a interview as much as conversation about skills and challenges.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GTE Financial (Tampa, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

You will interview with about 3 managers; department supervisor, department manager and Senior VP of that department. They usually ask the same questions and not intimidating atmosphere. It does take about 3 weeks to hear anything from them; they take their time in interviewing a large number of candidates for a position

Interview Questions

• They are big on getting your answers on how you would handle specific situations relating to your job; example: how would you handle an employee who is excessively late or is continuously falling short of sales expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be careful on negotiation because there are usually a couple of candidates in line for the position. They initial offer was pretty good and I accepted.

Member Relationship Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plant City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GTE Financial (Plant City, FL) in December 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth. I applied online, then I received an email with an assessment that needed to be done and passed it. Then received an email from the recruiting team asking for a phone interview after that on the same call she offered the face to face interview with the branch manager.
    Everything too place in less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

GTE Financial Response

Jan 8, 2019 – Internal Communications & Knowledge Manager

Welcome to the GTE family! We’re happy to hear that you had a good experience when interviewing for your current position and we appreciate that you took the time to write a review about it. Your... More

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GTE Financial in January 2016.

Interview

I had a great face 2 face interview with the HR rep and was very nice to also offer a different position that was a better fit for skills and expertise. After second interview, this happened with another HR rep and the Branch Manager, also connected very well and walked out positive of the results. They did commit to reach out to me within 2 weeks and still have not hear from them at all. As a Banker myself I do posses the skills and fit very well for position req. Don't know sometimes what branch managers look for these days. If you know that you want to be a winner why take so long on deciding to hire a winner mentality candidate like me? Like I said still waiting for the results.

Interview Questions

• what skills or responsibilities did I have at my previous role? what made me different than others.   Answer Question

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR Manager. We then scheduled a Face to face interview with a panel of 3. A few days later I was offered the position. Interview process was great, very effective team, made you feel comfortable. It was more of a conversational approach