GTE Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GTE Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GTE Financial.

Interview

Met with the supervisor and was asked to explain why I was a good fit for a member- facing job. I had a positive experience. I was asked to give examples of times when I faced an obstacle and how I overcame it. Also, I was given some scenarios and I had to explain how I would act.

Senior HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GTE Financial (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was pleasant and it was less than a week from application to phone call. I attended series of three interviews, which were scheduled closely. Talent Manager was very responsive and I received appropriate feedback in timely manner. Attending multiple interviews allowed me to meet most of the team and truly assess if GTE would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• All questions were asked as part of conversation and I did not feel intimidated .   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GTE Financial (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

One face-to-face interview. No difficult questions. Very comfortable. We had a good back and forth discussion. It didn't seem like a interview as much as conversation about skills and challenges.

Member Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GTE Financial (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

It wasn't a very comfortable feeling in the interview, I felt like the person interviewing me wasn't a very polite person. He was very boring when interviewing me. He didn't sound like he loved his job himself. As he read the questions reading them off a piece of paper he never really made eye contact with me. After meeting with the manager I chose I didn't want to work for the company at all but I will continue to bank with GTE Financial.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this location?

And some other question that were dumb.   1 Answer

Onscreen Member Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GTE Financial (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. i got a call like the next day and I scheduled an interview very soon after that. I went in for the interview and I got interviewed by two people. It was very average how interviews normally go. I spoke about myself and then just answered some basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary or tough.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GTE Financial in January 2016.

Interview

I had a great face 2 face interview with the HR rep and was very nice to also offer a different position that was a better fit for skills and expertise. After second interview, this happened with another HR rep and the Branch Manager, also connected very well and walked out positive of the results. They did commit to reach out to me within 2 weeks and still have not hear from them at all. As a Banker myself I do posses the skills and fit very well for position req. Don't know sometimes what branch managers look for these days. If you know that you want to be a winner why take so long on deciding to hire a winner mentality candidate like me? Like I said still waiting for the results.

Interview Questions

• what skills or responsibilities did I have at my previous role? what made me different than others.   Answer Question

Specialty Program Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GTE Financial (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview and scheduled the in person interview a week or so later. There were three people in the room but it was more like talking with friends/family instead of an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GTE Financial.

Interview

Had two interviews and has been over a month since the 2nd one and still have not heard anything back. First one was with the HR contact and the second one was with two of the hiring managers in the department you are trying to get an internship in. They told me I would hear back in 2 weeks and as I stated before it has been over a month and I have yet to hear back from anyone after several attempts of reaching out to them.

Interview Questions

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR Manager. We then scheduled a Face to face interview with a panel of 3. A few days later I was offered the position. Interview process was great, very effective team, made you feel comfortable. It was more of a conversational approach

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GTE Financial (Tampa, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I was called to come in for an interview to meet with the managers. It ended up being some kind of theme day, they were dressed as hippies. I interviewed with two people in the same room. They mostly asked about my work history and how much financial experience. When I couldn't offer any financial experience I could tell they were as interested. They also asked a lot of questions as to why I was leaving my current company.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my financial experience   1 Answer