GTN Technical Staffing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

4.0

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GTN Technical Staffing (Flint, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

phone interview with technical recruiter and after that, phone interview with the hiring manager at the client. All were very easy to talk to and gave me honest feedback.

Interview Questions

• describe my experience in AD site migration   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GTN Technical Staffing (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Talked to the CEO on the phone first, and then was invited into the office for an interview with him and the VP. It lasted about 2 hours, but was mostly the two of them talking. It was very unorthodox, with the CEO swearing frequently. He also yelled at me when I asked about health insurance and 401k, and said I shouldn't be concerned about that. It caught me off guard to be spoken to like that in a professional setting.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about closes?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of how you manipulate people in your everyday life - like a friend or significant other.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at GTN Technical Staffing (Dallas, TX).

Interview

After speaking briefly in person with a manager, I was given a business card and told to call them about the open position I was interested in. I waited a couple of days, called the number on the card and they requested my resume. Another day passed and I received a call about scheduling a phone interview, which we scheduled for the next day. After the phone interview went well, the manager and one of the owners agreed to interview me on a Saturday since I was employed at the time in a different city and had to drive 4 hours to get to the GTN office.

The in person interview was both difficult and unorthodox; they made me think not just about the position I was applying for, but why I was applying for it in particular and what I want to do with the rest of my life. I walked away with more than just an offer for a new job; I walked away with an opportunity for betterment and a different outlook on what I wanted to achieve for the company.

Interview Questions

• What, ultimately, is the position you would like to have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GTN Technical Staffing (Addison, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Jim and Christine worked around my schedule as I was currently employed to ensure that I would be able to interview here with them. They have a unique style of interviewing that honestly I had never seen before but learned quite a bit from. This company is not for the weak, its for the champions of recruiting, those who are go-getters, and those employees who will not accept anything short of success.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GTN Technical Staffing (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Myself and 2 other recruiters interviewed with this firm. All of us were treated with complete disrespect and rudeness. In my case, "owner" made an appointment in his office and never showed up for my interview. His staff (3 of them) lied about his whereabouts giving me 3 different excuses. Waited 30 minutes. During this time, his entire staff paraded out to the lobby to "check me out". Not once did I receive a phone call to apologize for such rude behavior-obviously didn't fit the 20 yr old age range he is looking for. Gosh, I'm 33 and too old!

Interview Questions

• Not a successful future if they treat people like this. Perhaps explains the high turnover.   Answer Question

GTN Technical Staffing Response

Sep 29, 2014 – VP

It's easy to spot a fake review. We have not had a recruiter interview in several months. The owner has not missed any interviews this year. We don't hire based on age, in fact we have people here ... More

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

The interview process to join this company is probably the most unprofessional encounter you will ever have in a “professional” setting. It begins with a phone call where the owner basically curses and says the most ridiculous, provocative things just to see if you can “take it.” If you don’t break, and you pass his cry test, you’ll receive an invitation to come into the office. I guess I passed because I came into the office not long after. The place is a mess. You walk in and immediately you feel as though you’ve walked into some right wing group’s headquarters. There’s a countdown to when Obama is out of office, there’s an oversized picture of Reagan, and there are rifles on the walls – literally RIFLES! They don’t look like they’re loaded or even real – my guess is that the guns are really good looking replicas, but hey – I wouldn’t put it past them. I met with the guy I spoke with on the phone and he continued with his ridiculous antics. We discussed my background and the company some more. He kept saying how much money his recruiters make and the potential to make plenty of money. After some time, he went and got a lady from the back. She’s over the recruiters and she was just as brash and unprofessional as the guy. Then I got a “tour.” The workers sit in one large room with desks spread all over the place – it almost feels like a sweat shop for staffing. I guess the “executives” get their own offices. I didn’t really see too much diversity – 3 or 4 minorities and a bunch of women. I was as professional as possible, but I was definitely glad when it was over. I felt like I was in the twilight zone for interviews – I even saw an older woman in what looked like a mini skirt and high heels. She came out of an office so I can only assume she’s an employee there, but her attire left me confused. When I left the suite, I ran into one of the employees going into the elevator. I asked her how she liked the place and she said she was on her way to an interview. She said it was an excellent place to get your feet wet and then move on. It’s a stepping stone according to her. It was a first for me and hopefully my last time experiencing such an interview.

Interview Questions

GTN Technical Staffing Response

Sep 29, 2014 – VP

Yes, we have a portrait of Ronald Reagan on the wall. Yes, we have guns on the wall. Yes, successful recruiters make a lot of money. Yes, we actually support the Constitution of the United States ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GTN Technical Staffing (Addison, TX).

Interview

Received an email after applying and set up a phone interview. I was called several hours after the time confirmed which was very late in the evening. Was invited to their office for an in person to meet him and another person. The person I first spoke to was extremely rude and unprofessional the entire time. The other person who joined in the interview just agreed with everything he said as she seemed to be infatuated with him and acted the same exact way he did, but louder. He asked me if I was interested because he was impressed with the fact that he didn't make me cry which had happened in a number of other interviews. I had already made my decision that I would never work with or for a man like him and after touring the office I noticed that those who he employed where primarily women so it explained a lot. I would advise that you not waste your time interviewing here.

Interview Questions

• List the search string needed for a software developer position.   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GTN Technical Staffing (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

You first meet with a recruiter. Once they screen you, they forward resume to client. Once client shortlists your resume, you get a phone interview. When you clear that, you get a in person interview. The difficulty of that interview really depends on who the client is and the role you have applied for. Employment is subject to client wanting to hire you. You stay on their payroll as long as you are actively employed at the client site.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They tell you the rate before you interview with client. Once client wants you - you either take that rate or leave it !

Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GTN Technical Staffing (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with the Account Manager and the team lead on-site at GTN in Dallas, TX. Had a very conversational interview, then a lunch. Personality fit was a strong focus. The dress at that time was business casual. I wore a suit dress, and people in the office dressed similarly.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have recruiting or sourcing for Fortune 200 companies?   Answer Question