Garage / Team Mazda Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Garage / Team Mazda Interview Questions

3.2

Search Engine Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garage / Team Mazda (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview with basic questions about experience and then a 30-45 minute interview with SEM Director. The interviewer was very pleasant, making it very easy to actually have a conversation. Allowed me to ask questions about the company.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Garage / Team Mazda (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

HR could do a better job of managing candidate expectations up front on how long, how many rounds/people you will meet with. Longer and more drawn out then it needs to be. Many re-schedules, wrong times given and a few no shows "tied up in meetings" when on site which I took as disrespectful to my time/efforts. Seemed like chaos when you would think it would be best face forward, buttoned up when meeting candidates, especially at a more senior level.

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Garage / Team Mazda.

Interview

Had to call in twice took about 1 hrs each call. Then came in for 2 interviews with every team member I would work with. Interview was about 30 minutes. But all in all not a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you currently working on that you are proud of.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garage / Team Mazda (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Managers are unorganized and one of the interviewers was "stuck in a meeting" 30 minutes past their scheduled interview time, forcing the interviewee to wait. The interviewer never showed up.

HR also does not respond to emails or followups. Applicants are left in the dark with no updates or responses to inquiries. Very unprofessional.

One of the managers also slipped, noting that pay is under the market average and mentioned that there is high turnover as a result.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Garage / Team Mazda (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Relaxed setting where I met with two people from the global accounts team. The conversation was split 60/40 in my favor. After meeting with the two members from the team, I did not hear back from either interviewer. They did not reach out.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Garage / Team Mazda.

Interview

This company is living in another era of recruiting. Save yourself.

After contacting me through Linkedin, they kept stringing me along for five months. Every few weeks I would go through an interview round, which was followed by several weeks of complete silence. Upon repeated follow-up, I would be asked for another interview and more silence. There was no transparency, no communication and no clear expectations regarding the process. All the interviews went well and each time I asked where we were in the process, I was assured that the next step would be an offer. However, that was never the case. I kept hearing "This is a confidential position" as an excuse for not having any information in writing, not even a job description. They seemed very disorganized and did not seem to care about the candidate's experience through the process at all.

Over four months, I was subjected to one phone screen plus five in-person interviews. Five of these six had serious scheduling issues, including a last-minute location change and a no-show!

Throughout the process, the company made several promises in terms of next steps and timeline, none of which materialized. In the fifth month, after a lot of pushing on my part they finally made an offer which was significantly lower than what was agreed upon, despite assurances that they were funded for the higher salary level. When I tried to negotiate for a higher number, they went back on their word and made it sound like they were doing me a favor by offering me anything at all. In the end, they rescinded the written offer because they were not willing to negotiate. The people who interviewed me did not even have the courtesy to call and explain.

Garage Team Mazda is an old, tired shop trying to hold on to its old-school ways of doing things. People have been around for decades and suffer from textbook ivory tower syndrome. This company is too pompous to value candidates. Red tape central. Don't waste your time interviewing here.

Assistant Digital Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Garage / Team Mazda (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

it was a 2 hour interview and it was with four different people. Questions were pretty simple, just basic things about past work experience, future plans, etc. I felt very comfortable and confident.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, which one would you be?   1 Answer

Creative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Garage / Team Mazda.

Interview

Met one and groups.
    Seemed great.
    Lots about culture and happy times.
    Got job.
    Like the place but told in interview was not all true.
    Culture not so happy.
    Many plane miserable with leaders.
    Staff cool.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you have a job now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

As offered. No neg allowed because no job.

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Garage / Team Mazda (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

HR call for a 30 min basic interview. 3 face to face interviews. The interviews were on on one with a Supervisor, then a manager, lastly a director. The questions were very detailed and I really had to take time to think about them. Not the everyday interview questions.

Na Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Garage / Team Mazda (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Very thorough interview process. They appear to be very selective in their hiring process and provided good visibility into the agency through meeting several individuals. The individuals I met with were clearly passionate about their client and team.

Interview Questions

• The questions were thorough, clearly interviewing for both cultural and professional fit, as well as ability to perform.   Answer Question