Gate Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

1.6

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gate Petroleum (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The process has been very simple so far. I called and asked about a position I saw posted, the hiring manager told me to come in for an interview the same day without even looking at my application. I came in and was asked about 3 situational questions, asked about my attendance and how many times did I call out on my last job. I was hired on the spot after about a 15 min interview and was sent for a drug screening immediately after.

Interview Questions

• What would a customer do that would make you really angry?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yulee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Petroleum (Yulee, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

i was given an interview about a week or so ago and was hired on the spot. i was then sent to LabCorp to do drug testing. my hiring paperwork was on 12/19/2016 and i was supposed to start work today, 12/22/2016 but since management is full of poop it never happened

Interview Questions

• if i send you for a drug test will you come back positive? if so dont waste the companies time or money.   1 Answer
    • if you had 4 rolls of quarters, 3 rolls of dimes and 6 rolls of nickels how much money do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gate Petroleum (Fort Mill, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Very quick and easy interview. One round with store manager, job offer extended or not at end. Drug test paperwork given. The manager simply asked some questions about willingness to work, availability, and gave a general overview of what to expect

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gate Petroleum in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out application online and got a call a few days later for an interview. Interview was easy. The manager just ask about your work experience, gives a background check and a simple paper quiz that they go over with you. They give you a drug test then after that you go train.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Petroleum.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager. He just asked me about my job experience and if I could physically do the job. I don't think they have a standardized set of questions that they ask. Well at least when I was there. There were no stupid STAR questions. They do require a math test. Drug test. and background check if hired.

C-Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gate Petroleum (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2010.

Interview

Application completed online. Received a call back a few days later from a manager of one of the stores I applied at. I came in a couple of days later. Interview was very brief, less than 10 minutes. Asked about what was already on my application and what experience I has specifically on cash registers.

Tanker Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Petroleum in September 2010.

Interview

Very positive, but company won't tell you up front what your schedule will be you may get stuck on working nights and weekends

Negotiation

One sided