Gates Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gates Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2017

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iola, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gates Corporation (Iola, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews at the Gates Corporation. My first one was with my plant Human Resource, 2nd interview was with my Plant Managers and my 3rd interview was with our Corporate Human Resource personnel.

Interview Questions

• Sell yourself , what makes you best for this job?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gates Corporation (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online with resume and cover letter. Received an e-mail for a phone interview a week later. Received call for interview and was told the position was going to be more of an analyst position. Was I still interested.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your day to day duties in you last position   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gates Corporation.

Interview

Gates is the worst company to interview for any openings. Communication with the company and the HR team is terrible. They do not return phone calls or email inquiries. I had two separate interviews with the management team and the interviews were cut short as the leadership was too busy to take the time to conduct a proper interview. Just a sign of what is actually going on in the company. If the management team cannot simply return phone calls or conduct proper interviews, you have to wonder how they are managing the company

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gates Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

The phone pre-screen was very nice, easy, and informative. The communication in setting up the interview was efficient and the call was on time. I was told I would receive a call back with a yes or a no and never received one, however.

Interview Questions

• What salary do you expect from this position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gates Corporation.

Interview

Straightforward and fairly painless if you are prepared. The phone screen focuses on your education and work experiences. The in-person interviews ask a mixture of basic get to know you questions, behavioral questions, and technical questions specific to your role. You speak with about 6 different Gates employees throughout the process, so you really get a taste of you will be working with, under, and around.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to go above and beyond to please a customer.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gates Corporation (Denver, CO).

Interview

Very professional company - I thoroughly enjoyed the hiring process. Started off with an email to request a phone screen. A week later followed up with a request for a face to face interview. I was told I would be contacted for a 2nd interview or to be informed that another candidate was chosen. They were prompt and provided wonderful notes on the interview expectations as well as requirements - including dress code and parking instructions. Very useful. Salary expectations were confirmed during the phone screen too so nobody is wasting their time. When I was contacted to express regret that another candidate was chosen it was also done very professionaly, as well as over the phone instead of the standard email rejection from an HR anonymous person.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure in your current position?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 or 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a project and had to overcome obsticles?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gates Corporation.

Interview

There was a test and a typical interview. The interview was a three on one interview with some employees. The interview consistent of going over my engineering related qualifications and answering a few technical questions. My advice to anyone would be to learn how to describe your project experiences and review basic statics problems.

Interview Questions

• Describe an engineering related project you've worked on.   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gates Corporation (Englewood, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online on their website, then received a call from an internal recruiter. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Gates brought me to the office for interviews with the hiring manager, another manager, two engineers, and the hiring manager's manager.

The questions were to make sure I was legit and had the experience for the job posted. I had more than the experience required, so the interview was fairly easy. I was shown the types of projects I would be working on and given a tour to see some of the equipment.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put in long hours when necessary?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gates Corporation (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process is ad hoc--very little structure. Starts with phone screening by HR, usually just re-iterates your resume--and determines your salary requirements. Very little to prepare for, and they are very focused on knowing if your salary needs are acceptable. For an IT organization, not much in the form of technical focus in 1 v. 1 interviews, mostly ask that you explain skills and experiences.

Interview Questions

Culture reputation was very good, but has suffered tremendously through merry-go-round of Gates owners.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gates Corporation (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by internal Executive Recruiter via LinkedIn. Thorough and Efficient process. Met with several members of the team to gain a 360 view of the job and the organization. Positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Examples from your experience where you led change efforts   Answer Question