GenScript Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GenScript Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.9

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GenScript.

Interview

They asked for presentation of graduate research followed by four to five individual interview. The process lasts about half day. This is a junior level position and prior experience is not a must. They ask a lot of technical questions and some behavior questions. It's not difficult to prepare for it.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GenScript in October 2016.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter asked some pre-screen questions. Then had another phone interview by a director. Basically a behavioral interview asked some standard questions. At the end of that interview, the director saying that the recruiter will contact me for an on-site interview, but I never receive any email or call from anyone.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example showing that you are a quick learner?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GenScript (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

The first call was with HR ~30min with basic questions about what I was interested in and the openings they had - overall, a pleasant conversation. The next call was with the hiring manager ~45min-1hr about technical background - overall, nice person on the phone. I was then invited for an on-site interview that consisted of a presentation based on my education and experience, then several 1:1s.

I found particularly disturbing the attitude of one of the interviewers, who had a very sarcastic, rude, and condescending attitude during the 1:1. I asked questions about the company, previous experiences that led to the interviewer's current position, etc. I wish the HR person had been there to hear this, but responses were like "I'm here because of family," and "they pay me really well." All with a smirk that I found completely inappropriate, damaging to the image of the company, and lack of incentive for new hires.

Another interviewer was literally shaking his/her head when walking out of the conference room where we had the 1:1. Right off the bat I knew (1) I was not liked, (2) no offer was coming my way, and (3) what kind of team dynamics it would be.

They were trying to sell themselves as a company where everybody is nice and approachable. Sorry, but I absolutely did not get that impression from my short visit. I was there because I was truly interested in the company and position yet. I haven't heard back to know whether I'm getting an offer or not, I'm pretty sure I won't just because of the attitudes and expressions towards me, but if for some miracle I do end up getting an offer, I will be grateful but respectfully declining it. I can deal with deadlines, lots of workload, long hours, pushing to get more clients and achieve goals - that's great because, if I do the job, I know I'll see a reward. However I cannot deal with mistreat and disrespect. If this was during the interview process, I cannot even imagine what it would be like when working with/for them...

Interview Questions

• Try to sell me something. Do you know what the position entails.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GenScript in August 2016.

Interview

I actually first applied for a sales position, got decline after phone interview. Then they told me that if I was interested in the Lab Technician position. And they rejected me again after phone interview. (They don't have any response after the phone interviews.)

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GenScript in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview twice. Interviewers are polite and nice. Asked lots of questions about experimental experiences. If you want this job, you should show more about selling potential and enthusiasm. It will be a tough position and won't be a 9am to 5pm job. Work hard and you will get more-by interviewer.

Interview Questions

• science background check (what you have done and detail experiment procedure)
      selling experience
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GenScript (Piscataway, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process took more than 3 months. They work very slowly to get to hire someone in for the interview. They are careful in what they hire, even for an entry position. Though they ask for higher degree for an entry position, they were not willing to pay for the price

Interview Questions

• Basic background knowledge and sales/service experience   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GenScript (Piscataway, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Initially applied through recruiter for another position they had advertised. Recruiter suggested this position which was inline with my career trajectory. Initial interview with recruiter, then phone interview with VP followed by onsite panel interview, half day with a presentation to panel. This included inout from China corporate office. Then a one on one with each panel member, then lunch. Phewww. Lond day but very fun.

Interview Questions

• Presentation on how I would market two product lines.   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GenScript (Chino Hills, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Skype interview with the director and the vice present skype interview, HR final interview on salary. And the get the official offer to sign it. not so hard.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your background including previous working experiences and research experience.   1 Answer

Medical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GenScript.

Interview

It was a fairly long interview process with three phone interviews and two writing exams before an invitation for an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of 60 minute oral presentation with questions and answers followed by 8 individual interviews. There are very friendly and professional HR department and hiring managers.

Technical Writer/Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GenScript (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

First there was a phone interview with HR, then a very lengthy and time consuming test assignment. This was followed by an onsite interview consisting of maybe 6 mini-interviews about 30 min each including over the phone with execs in China. Lastly, I was contacted by phone by the CEO since no decision can be made without his involvement and personal approval.

Interview Questions

• Most of them asked me what I would do to improve the website (a major concern at the time).   Answer Question