Generac Power Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Generac Power Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Afterwards, was invited to intern/co-op day with other candidates.
    During onsite interview, toured HQ, went to other off-site plants.
    On-site Interview with Managers, Senior engineers, and HR.
    Dinner with other candidates and current employees who took part interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself.
      Why did you decide to apply here?
      1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems.

Interview

Interviewed with several team members including HR. Went on to interview in person with the hiring manager - all went very well. Was told I would receive an offer the following week. Then it went radio silent. Followed up with HR and hiring manager - HR never responded and hiring manager did not know what was causing the delay. This was months ago - to this day no clear understanding of what the issue was. VERY unprofessional to not give someone a response when it was left as a job offer forthcoming. I dare to wonder how an employee is treated once they are hired.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

The Interview was really easy, some basic question from HR.

Tester II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Jefferson, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online but the job site application does not always work so I ended up scheduling a day to meet with HR. In the office with HR, we got on the computer to straighten out the problem with the application that was done online. Got it to go thru. She said everything looked good and I got a job offer right there and I excepted.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to take on this job role?   1 Answer

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

There was a quick response to my application with two phone screens, and then an on site interview at the plant where I'd be working. I met with the hiring manager, as well as his boss. We talked about my past work, my goals and expectations for the future, and of course, the product architecture and some of the gaps in that architecture into which my efforts would be applied. It was a collegial, pleasant interview, with a few technical challenges from them, and some quality-of-workplace, process, and corporate culture questions from me.

In the end, we decided there was not a good fit, but I think neither of us regretted the process.

Interview Questions

• How had I applied polymorphism in the past to a product design?   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

It was easy. Walked through the role and answered some questions about my background. The interview with with the departments human resource personnel. The weren't very informative of the role so I didn't feel comfortable going into a role i wasn't even fully informed about.

Interview Questions

• How does this role relate to what you want for the future.   1 Answer

NPI-CONTRACT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter for this position. Everything moved very quickly at first. The interview questions were pretty straight forward. Met with Human Resource personnel and then the hiring manager. The interview went well, had positive initial feedback, but later the job was filled from within.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why do you want this job? What are your problem-solving skills? Interview was mostly about reviewing my resume and background for more thorough information.   Answer Question

Marketing Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview went well. Met with 4 people. All exchanges were solid. Emailed numerous people I met with to check status as a follow up, they do not respond, plain and simple, very unprofessional. Moving on.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

It was an interview with five different people at the facility. It was not technical. Typical entry level questions on how I interact with people in different situations. My accomplishments I'm proud of. Good conversations with the actual engineers and really straight forward with the rest of the interviewers. Finished with HR. They told me they would respond in a month but they took eleven days. Confidence and being relaxed is key for this to be an easy interview.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was professional; First there was a phone screen with HR. Then second was a one on one meeting with the IT Director. Followed by several other meetings with internal team members and external consultants.