Generac Power Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Generac Power Systems

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview and basically going through the projects mentioned in the resume, background and some behavioral questions. I was still waiting for my employment authorization without which I cannot start work so they did not follow up with me because of that.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to explain what I did in the previous projects   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Can take a very long time. Has been known to take 6 months. Can consume a whole day. You may interview up to 6 people and some are very full of themselves.

Interview Questions

• What kind of vehicle do you drive.?   1 Answer

Declined for better pay. They will low ball you.

Interview

Had a phone screen with HR, was extended a in person interview a week later, received a phone call two days later where I was informed I got the position and started on that following Monday. Very quick and easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter - answered questions and then scheduled interview. Met with 3 interviewers on-site: HR Representative, Inside Sales Manager and Team Lead for particular sales channel. Fairly straight forward - exactly the types of interview questions that you expect to get. Nothing out of ordinary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Watertown, WI).

Interview

I attended a Generac Job fair and was able to meet face to face with their hiring managers to begin the process. The job fair was posted in the career section of their company website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond with customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Jefferson, WI) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, shadowing and in person interview,another phone interview, drug test and then you start if you pass the drug test. Then you go to Waukasha for a week then eagle. then you work where youre supposed to. lots and lots of training

Interview Questions

• How will you stay motivated to hit goal   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy process, initial phone screen, office interview with management and HR, reference check. Make sure to understand the company its values and the sales process. It is helpful to know what your attributes are for this position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly normal interview with mostly expected questions. However, was not given a chance to ask any questions at the end for some reason. For a phone screen, no curve balls will be thrown at you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few weeks later to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. The questions were pretty typical interview questions, nothing too unexpected. At the end of the call, I was offered an on-site interview, which we set up for the next week. The on-site interview included 3 separate one-on-one interviews with people I would be working with, mostly reviewing my resume and talking about the position and the recruiter told me to expect to hear back by the end of the week. I was offered the position later that day.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitewater, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Whitewater, WI) in August 2011.

Interview

They made me do several interviews and every person I interviewed with asked the same questions. They told me that 'my face would sell' and 'Buyers respond well to attractive people'. They also kept making jokes at the expense of former employees. It seems like no one is safe, even friends, once they leave. You are the laughing matter of the team once you leave, no matter how great your work was.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable under pressure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They hardly negotiated because they can't afford most of what you ask for.