Generac Power Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

Senior HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

Phone Interviews went smooth, arrived early met with two Senior management. They continually spoke about how they wanted to change their culture again and again. Then said they felt it would be difficult from someone from a small company to transition to a large company that it would be a difficult cultural fit. Why bother to try to change your culture, if you are afraid of bringing in change? Most frustrating did not even get an email rejecting me, got no response. Very disappointing and shows a lack of respect that Generac has for its applicants. Ironically, they asked me in the interview if I saw their low scores on Glassdoor

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Walk in interview. A very fair process. A short wait on their walk in days at their headquarters. They even let you do a job shadow if you passed through the initial screening process, to really let you see if thats what you'd be interested in. Everyone starts simply working with a telephone.

Interview Questions

• The basics. Nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter - answered questions and then scheduled interview. Met with 3 interviewers on-site: HR Representative, Inside Sales Manager and Team Lead for particular sales channel. Fairly straight forward - exactly the types of interview questions that you expect to get. Nothing out of ordinary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview and basically going through the projects mentioned in the resume, background and some behavioral questions. I was still waiting for my employment authorization without which I cannot start work so they did not follow up with me because of that.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to explain what I did in the previous projects   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Afterwards, was invited to intern/co-op day with other candidates.
    During onsite interview, toured HQ, went to other off-site plants.
    On-site Interview with Managers, Senior engineers, and HR.
    Dinner with other candidates and current employees who took part interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself.
      Why did you decide to apply here?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems.

Interview

Interviewed with several team members including HR. Went on to interview in person with the hiring manager - all went very well. Was told I would receive an offer the following week. Then it went radio silent. Followed up with HR and hiring manager - HR never responded and hiring manager did not know what was causing the delay. This was months ago - to this day no clear understanding of what the issue was. VERY unprofessional to not give someone a response when it was left as a job offer forthcoming. I dare to wonder how an employee is treated once they are hired.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

The Interview was really easy, some basic question from HR.

Tester II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jefferson, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Jefferson, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online but the job site application does not always work so I ended up scheduling a day to meet with HR. In the office with HR, we got on the computer to straighten out the problem with the application that was done online. Got it to go thru. She said everything looked good and I got a job offer right there and I excepted.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to take on this job role?   1 Answer

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

There was a quick response to my application with two phone screens, and then an on site interview at the plant where I'd be working. I met with the hiring manager, as well as his boss. We talked about my past work, my goals and expectations for the future, and of course, the product architecture and some of the gaps in that architecture into which my efforts would be applied. It was a collegial, pleasant interview, with a few technical challenges from them, and some quality-of-workplace, process, and corporate culture questions from me.

In the end, we decided there was not a good fit, but I think neither of us regretted the process.

Interview Questions

• How had I applied polymorphism in the past to a product design?   Answer Question

NPI-CONTRACT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Generac Power Systems (Waukesha, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter for this position. Everything moved very quickly at first. The interview questions were pretty straight forward. Met with Human Resource personnel and then the hiring manager. The interview went well, had positive initial feedback, but later the job was filled from within.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why do you want this job? What are your problem-solving skills? Interview was mostly about reviewing my resume and background for more thorough information.   Answer Question