Generac Power Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Generac Power Systems CEO Aaron Jagdfeld
Aaron Jagdfeld

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "most shop coworkers are good people" (in 18 reviews)

• "Great people to work with - really top notch engineering talent in particular" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance" is all work, no life" (in 21 reviews)

• "Upper Management just doesn't care about it's people" (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"CRM COE- Process Lead"

Former Employee - CRM COE- Functional Lead In SAP CRM in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - CRM COE- Functional Lead In SAP CRM in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Generac Power Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great compensation, challenging work, hard working people. Enjoyed working at Generac for almost 10 years. Upper management has a great vision of moving the company forward.

Cons

Priorities change frequently at Generac. This can be a negative when not planned appropriately. Balance needed between demand and available resources.

Advice to Management

Balance demand with resources.

"matrial handler"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Berlin, WI
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Berlin, WI

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

its a good place to work

Cons

i dont see no downsides working at generac

3. "New Hire"

Current Employee - Quality Technician in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Quality Technician in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company seems interested in employees and the culture seems very open and inviting. Busy facility growing every month.

Cons

Too soon to tell. First day is coming up

"Avoid the plants"

Pros

Some of your peers will be good. Heard the headquarters in Waukesha treats their people better.

Cons

The management teams within the manufacturing plant are remarkably poor. If you are not the boss's pet you will not go anywhere. They will pass over professional staff that meets all of their requirements for promotion and will instead bring people who do not meet their requirements from other plants. Toxic culture where upper management in the plant view themselves as one team, the support staff view themselves as another team, and the assembly workers fend for themselves. Unrealistic expectations on manufacturing goals and rates. The company does not reinvest in their manufacturing facilities or employees.

Advice to Management

There are facilities outside of the Waukesha headquarters, make some unscheduled visits and you'll see what's going on behind the curtain. Try to retain your professional staff for more than a year and your production staff for more then a month. It might cost you more in the short-term but it will save you a ton long-term.

"Great"

Former Employee - Territory Development Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Development Manager

I worked at Generac Power Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very supportive Employment environment with a growth opportunity

Cons

None I have no complaints about this employer

"Enter with caution"

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time

Pros

If you work here for a few years you know that you can quit and come back at higher wage and more vacation. The only way the company will appreciate you is if you leave first.

Cons

Many companies offer casual attire all week long, flexible working hours, ability to work from home and something referred to as “work/life” balance to which Generac does not grasp the concept of. Generac is behind the times and cannot seem to understand why turnover is high. Unless you are upper management, your wages and vacation are a joke and can easily be beat be other companies in the area.

Working in HR, everyone knows that your opinion/frustrations/concerns do not matter unless you are at the executive level. Hearing the recruiters time and time again say “ unfortunately we cannot offer you that much” to potential candidates in regards to salary is painful to hear. The pressure on them to recruit at such low wages is just setting them up for failure because the percentage of people willing to take a pay cut to work at Generac is low. The benefits and the payroll departments are severely understaffed as well. Bottom line, you are constantly expected to work above and beyond what you are being paid for without as much as a “thank you” from management.

The CEO is a former accountant which must attribute to why everything and everyone at this company is nickel and dimed. The CEO and HR management do not seem to understand that hiring 5 different people (due to high turnover) for one $13/hr position may keep the wage cost to that department down but the administrative costs of handling all the paperwork, manual entry, on boarding, training etc, is costly, inefficient and drains moral.

Advice to Management

Offer support to those who are making you look good and making you meet your benchmarks.

7. "Materials"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Jefferson, WI
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Jefferson, WI

I worked at Generac Power Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay lots of Over Time

Cons

Place is so disorganized

Advice to Management

Need to listen to the employees

"It was like a bad relationship"

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Whitewater, WI
    Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Whitewater, WI

I worked at Generac Power Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I was on the part-time side (9-2) , I was doin great. I loved the people I worked with. Work got done and we excelled. Then I kept getting moved to the other side and I didnt get along with the lead. The language barrier is what the problem was. I asked over and over to get switched back to my original side. I was told no. Well the lead kid about me and got me fired... I miss my job at generac

Cons

The non English speaking workers

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they request to be put in a different position cause they have a problem with a different worker

"Improving Culture and a Good Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Operations in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Operations in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generac is changing - improving culture and work life balance. The CEO is doing a great job running this company. Every time I hear him speak, it is inspiring and makes me proud to be at Generac. There are some great things in the works for the future of this company. There are certainly challenging times just like with any company but Generac is growing by pulling all the right levers. Love the people i work with and i am gaining more and more confidence in Senior Management leadership.

Cons

I think the most challenging aspect of a rapidly growing company is meeting the demands of scaling processes globally. I think we are starting to turn the corner on that.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for the new opportunities (and the right ones) to expand Generac product offerings and continue to bring in new people from the outside with global experience (we have added 1,000 people in 2018 - wow!).

10. "easy job"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Jefferson, WI
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Jefferson, WI

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are treated as an adult

Cons

To much drama with oter plants.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.