Gentle Giant Moving Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gentle Giant Moving Company

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gentle Giant Moving Company (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Basic Skype interview that took place with a HR representative. Just simple HR questions about lifestyle and hobbies. They are a "non-smoking" company so they only hire people who do not smoke.

Interview Questions

• Are you fit/participate in sports?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gentle Giant Moving Company (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a skype interview with a couple of HR personnel. They were actively recruiting for college students looking for summer work. I arranged a time to be online and then spoke to the recruiter briefly about what I was looking for with work and she explained to me the job that was available.

Interview Questions

• From you past experiences, when have you faced and overcome a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gentle Giant Moving Company (Somerville, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

The Interview was straightforward and made sure that I had both the mental and physical capabilities to perform the job of moving furniture and dealing with the customers. As part of the interview I was asked to carry boxes for a certain distance to make sure I could perform the most basic of tasks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gentle Giant Moving Company (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

First Face-to-face interview then a 40 minute challenge to scale all the rows of Harvard Stadium (37, times with no water breaks). If you do it whitin 40 minutes Then your a "Giant".

Mover Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gentle Giant Moving Company in June 2011.

Interview

You just talk to the human resource manager about your previous work experience and then they tell you about the company and the jobs, company's values as well. They let you know up front that some days are going to be really long and hard, in general gives you a great view of what the company is like.

Interview Questions

• just general questions. Previous injuries, work experience, physical activity, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gentle Giant Moving Company (Somerville, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Overview of how the company operates and how moving works. Time for questions about the job, benefits, and career options at the company. The training involved going to Harvard Stadium and running up and down every section of stairs at Harvard Stadium in less than forty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Moving is hard, tiring work. Why do you want to be a mover?   1 Answer

Mover Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gentle Giant Moving Company.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. They had me move some boxes to see if I could do it.

Interview Questions

• There were not any unexpected questions. It's all very standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me what they pay and I said ok.

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gentle Giant Moving Company (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick and to the point, looking to mostly put bodies in front of computers for their seasonal help- with the opportunity to go full time if you prove yourself.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the culture?   1 Answer

Mover/Packer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gentle Giant Moving Company.

Interview

Applied online. Recieved a phone call a few days later. Went over similar material to the online application. Set up a date to start work. The interview process is primarily when you start working. They train you and put you out on the trucks to see if you can handle the work.