Georgia Aquarium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Georgia Aquarium

2.4

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very intensive, it is a group interview so be prepared to shine and really stand out. A panel will conduct the interview in which you will be asked questions one-by-one. You will also be expected to show off your ability to understand the exhibits and events by performing your knowledge of an exhibit in front of the panel/other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What is an instance in which you felt you really went above and beyond for a guest?   8 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

There were two rounds of interview, phone and in person. The interview was with the main people you would be training with in the department. They made the process very comfortable and asked general questions as well as giving time for you to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• If you could improve our social media platform content, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone and lasted about 15 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and personable. They made the interview process much more relaxing than I anticipated it to be! I am extremely grateful for the internship experience.

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was easy very laid back. It is a group interview and they allow each person to answer. There will be 3 interviewers asking a series of questions. You will know if you got the job within a week.

Guest Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia Aquarium in April 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call saying that I was selected to come in for an in-person interview. I met the interviewer and talked for about 30 minutes. The interview wasn't too difficult but was given a good number of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans in 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year?   Answer Question
    • What 3 qualities do you think are needed in this position? And which of the 3 do you think you need to work on?   Answer Question
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize your tasks?   Answer Question

Gift Shop Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a group interview with 4 or five scheduled people. The environment was friendly and relaxed. We sat around a small circle table and answered some fun questions. The questions weren't traditional at all. The interviewer seemed more interEstes in getting to know our personalities. There were maybe 3 or 4 experience based or job performance questions but the rest were kind of like easy prompts.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to conduct a phone Interview. Once I completed the phone interview I was contacted by the recruiter the next week to come in and do a in person interview. The interview went well and it was told to me that I would hear from someone by the following week regardless if I was selected or not. It takes the aquarium months to let me know the status if they even contact you at all. I had to contact them for months before I was told that the position was given to someone else.

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview which lasted 30 minutes and then invited to an in person interview with an HR Rep and Accounting Manager which lased one hour. The Controller was also supposed to be part of the meeting but she was a no show.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions ranging from how you would handle a certain positive situation to how you would handle a problem issue.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Group interview. We all sat around a table and they threw out one question and we all went around and answered it. It is important to to just say "same as he said". You need to try to stand out.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Apply online at the Aquariums's website. Enter information about past jobs and your future plans. You will create an online account and you will be contacted by someone from the Aquarium's HR office. Once that has been done, you will proceed to an in-person interview and meeting at the Aquarium in Atlanta. A presentation will be shown where you will be able to decide if you want to join the team. If you Volunteer, the fee is $60 to cover your shirt, badge, free tickets for friends, etc (This fee is waived after every year if you have at least 100 hours that you volunteered in the previous year)
    Collect uniform, binder for training, and other items and begin your career. You will need to take mandatory training classes before you can work in most galleries.

Negotiation

No negotiation