Georgia State Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia State Government Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2017

2.9

Communications Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Georgia State Government.

Interview

Standard interview. I was asked a lot about my academic accomplishments and why I wanted to work in state government. This is an entry level position, so they asked me where I would like to be in 5-10 years.

Court Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia State Government (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call a few months later asking if I were still interested and would be available for an interview the next day. I agreed and was screened by the Clerk of Court, Cicely Barber. She is a very nice lady. She only asked me 3 questions however, and said she would narrow down more candidates for a panel interview. Another gentleman was present for quality control purposes. I received a call back two days later for the panel interview.

The panel consisted of 4 individuals, someone from Superior, Magistrate, State and Juvenile Court (if I'm not mistaken). The screening interview took about 5 minutes. The panel interview took less than 15. I was asked 7 or 8 questions. I completely over-prepared for the interview! Nothing about "greatest weakness or strength" or those typical interview questions found on the internet, etc. One was about how I perceive customer service and implement it. Another asked for me to tell of a time when I had to deal with a co-worker slacking off. One more was about paying attention to detail since it's very important in a court environment.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question involved naming 5 judges between Magistrate and State Court. I was COMPLETELY unprepared to answer that.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia State Government (Savannah, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview took place in the office where the job is based. It was comprised of three individuals; one of whom would be the immediate supervisor; one who may be the supervisor in the future; and one who is currently doing the job in another part of the State. The interview team introduced themselves, outlined the process: they would ask questions, and at the end there would be an opportunity for me to ask questions I might have. They took turns asking prepared questions while the other two took notes of the answers. The interview questions included general knowledge of the area, and specific questions about Federal and State laws that would be applicable to the position. Other questions were more usual: how did I see position as part of my overall career; did I work best with a team or on my own; stories of work conflict and how I managed them.

Interview Questions

• How do I manage conflict, and give one example. Describe specific situations wherein Federal or State laws drive behavior of the team   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia State Government.

Interview

Two panel interview.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Georgia State Government.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, Phone interview with manager within two days, one weeks later face-to-face interview with manager and other employee, hired for contract the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible, rate was fixed

Telecom Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Georgia State Government (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was rather informal. Questioned about how I feel about support users with disabilities and varying levels of technical knowledge.
    It seemed as though I had made a connection with the interviewer before the interview was over and the position was secured.

Interview Questions

• How long did I expect I would be able to stand the commute?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were allowed.

Secretary Interview

Interview

I have interviewed twice one job I got and the other I didn't. All the agencies are different. Some make you do testing prior to interviewing you and others don't. Be prepared to go before 3 or more people at one time during the interview. Also, know your resume because they will ask you specific questions about each position.

Interview Questions

• Knowing that the salary is low here what makes you want to work for the State of Georgia?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia State Government.

Interview

The interview process was easy and a formal offer was made via mail. This was many years ago that I interviewed and I know the process has changed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negoitation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Georgia State Government (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Standard interview questions. 3 person panel. Took a long time to give feedback and was given mixed signals throughout the process. It appeared as if the personnel department seemed confused and not understand what the recruitment process was in their organization. Was given conflicting information on several different occasions. During testing their computer revealed the names of the other candidates for the position because no one made the effort to delete the previous applicants' info! Very disorganized

Hearing Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Georgia State Government (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Behavioral Interview - 5 questions asked; Interviewer looking for specific examples of the work experiences which demonstrate the presence of certain skills - Organizational Skills, Conflict Resolution, etc. The panel consisted of three people, each asking two questions each. Also there was a very grueling skills assessment ( 3 hours long) involving very specific questions pertaining to sequential evaluation; however, online and written resources were available for use during the testing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation where you had to make a decision which you knew would be controversial. Describe how others reacted and how you dealt with their reaction.   Answer Question