Gexa Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gexa Energy Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gexa Energy (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I met the HR of hiring at a job fair. She gave me her contact info and erged me to apply for this position immediatly and she would forward my info to the hiring manager. She then contacted me a few days later for a phone interview with her. After that she scheduled follow up with hiring manager and her manager for the following day. This position was needing to be filled immediately.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Can you work in a fast paced environment? Can you handle pressure? How do you deal with people that give you strict deadlines in a not so nice way? What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gexa Energy (Tomball, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

They ask you about skills and experience. Then give you a Gexa lightbulb 💡 and tell you to sell it to them. This job has a very high turn over rate because they don't pay good

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gexa Energy in January 2015.

Interview

They will call you and have an interview by Skype. You will then go have a simple computer test and interview with the supervisor. They will make a decision within 2 days and contact you.

Interview Questions

Application

I interviewed at Gexa Energy in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online... received callback after about 3 weeks from the hiring assistant.. Interview is next week. Will update then.I'm sure questions will be about my experience and dealing with aspects of credit.

Interview Questions

• I'm sure questions will be about my experience and dealing with aspects of credit.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gexa Energy.

Interview

Interview was split up between 3 different employees at the company. Interview questions were reasonable but they were clearly looking for someone with tenure in the oil and gas industry.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fairly typical and straightforward.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gexa Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview, multiple in-person interviews back-to-back, interview process does not always lead to job, moving up in the company can be difficult. when moving up, rarely an interview. Interviews are normally brief, but there will likely be several weeks before receiving an offer and starting the job.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gexa Energy.

Interview

Process was very disjointed and took several months. Several times I felt confident that the interview process was over and I hadn't got the job, but then 8 interviews later, I was hired. It also ended up that the job wasn't the one I was expecting according to the job description.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gexa Energy (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

They called for a introductory phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was with the supervisor of the department I would be working in. Questions focused upon my interests and experience. Second phone interview was with the manager of the department. The second interview was mostly behavioral and lasted about 45 minutes. At the end of the interview, the manager told me that the offer letter would be in the mail shortly.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress *heh heh*?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gexa Energy (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

1st interview- Phone interview with two team members asking me why I was interested in the position, some basic background info.
    2nd interview- Apparently they didn't have time for everyone to interview me one on one, so they decided to group interview me 11 on one. They had all Directors within the department, as well as managers and team leads within each group. They took turns asking me various questions about my resume, my experience in excel and the electricity industry, and behavioral questions.
    There aren't any case questions- or anything like that, but the people who are hired are people who are confident, and have proven that they brought a culture of change to their current/previous workplace.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?   1 Answer
    • They ask alot about excel and pivot tables/vlookups basic excel analytical functions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate- The pay is a tad below analyst jobs at higher end places.

IT/Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gexa Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Pass interview, and 1:1 to manager, not many questions, more talk about yourself and experience type questions!