Gibson Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gibson Energy

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Gibson Energy (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Walked in filled out an application. Did an on the spot interview and a week later was brought back for a second interciew.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gibson Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview. Followed by panel interview and then offer.

Interview Questions

• Some applicable skill testing questions, just to see level of ability in certain areas. Meant to be challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked about desired salary range, then presented with an offer non negotiation.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gibson Energy in December 2011.

Interview

It has been over 6 weeks now since I was interviewed and still have not heard anything regarding my status. I had to follow-up a couple of times with them to see what was going on. Very unprofessional recruitment process. Poor communication. Their recruitment folks do not keep you in the loop. Bush league organization.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gibson Energy in March 2009.

Interview

Refered by a staffing agency. Arranged an interview time for me then wanted to reschedule another time where I had a meeting. The interview had to be reschedule for 2 days after, when other candidates are having the second interview.
    The interviewers were the manager and the Lead Developer. They talked almost all the time, introducing the company and the position, making sure all topics had been covered. Then asked if I had any questions. Then asked me to rate my skills in a degree from 1 to 10 to see if I have the skills they required. Time passed too fast. I didn't have lots of time to express myself although I tried my best.
    One day later, I was told I had been shortlisted with another candidate and they were thinking of either an offer or a second interview. Then after two days, I was told they had decided to go with the other guy, who just had a second interview about 1 hour before their final decidion was made. And I didn't get a chance for a second interview. I was quite positive that I had a very good chance to get the job if I was fairly given a second interview as well.