GigMasters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GigMasters

Sort:

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GigMasters (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

After submitting my cover letter & resume, I heard back from the hiring manager and set up a phone screen. After the phone screen, I scheduled an on-site interview, which lasted a few hours. The on-site was a collection of shorter interviews where I talked with 2-3 people from the team I would be working on. At the end I took a quiz which covered basic web programming and computer science concepts. A week or two later, I went back for another series of interviews with managers in the other departments. Finally, I received my offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• There were no trick questions on the quiz, but the panel interviews were detailed and tech oriented - each group of interviewers had a different skill set they were asking about.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GigMasters (Norwalk, CT) in May 2012.

Interview

When approached to interview at GigMasters, they were very accommodating and found a time that fit into my schedule. The interview was not intimidating and I was very comfortable right away. I knew that they were serious about their employees when I was interviewed with my now-manager and the founder of the company! It's a great place to work and a very welcoming work culture for all people!

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time when you turned a negative situation into a positive one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward! GigMasters emailed me an offer and gave me about 2 weeks to make my decision. I gladly accepted.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GigMasters (Norwalk, CT) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was made via email to schedule a phone interview. I was then invited in for a group interview with a senior representative, and met with management as well on the same day. The interview process is very focused on getting you know you as a person. Your skill set is just as important as your ability to add to the synergy of the company.

Interview Questions

• You're at a fancy dinner and you have a knife, spoon, and fork in front of you. you have no idea what the courses will be but you HAVE to get rid of one utensil. What do you get rid of and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a call with an offer, i noted my preference in pay, they came back with a counter offer, which was accepted.

Interview

My interview process was a four-fold one. The first step entailed a standard phone interview, where I was expected to talk a bit about myself, discuss previous positions held, etc. At the end of that conversation, I was given two writing assignments that involved composing a long-form, blog-style article and generating shorthand site copy. About a month after completing and submitting this assignment, I was contacted for my first in-person interview. During this meeting, I was interviewed by both the Senior Marketing Manager as well as the VP of Marketing. We discussed my past experience, familiarity with the company's website, and the writing assignments I was initially given. Finally, I was asked to come in for an additional interview, again with the Senior Marketing Manager and VP of Marketing, as well as with the company's co-owners and two other members of the Marketing Department. From start to finish, the entire process spanned roughly two months.

Interview Questions

• What's one issue you currently noticed/experienced while on our site.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GigMasters (Redding, CT) in January 2010.

Interview

Two interviews - one with the customer service manager, one with the co-founders of the company. Both interviews conducted in person. Follow-up was very swift after both. Incredibly professional. They were willing to be flexible with my time requirements (as I was still working at a different full-time position) and knowing that I was looking to leave quickly, they were able to accommodate a quick decision on hiring.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particular difficult or unexpected questions, but they did ask me to describe my level of technical experience (knowing I was coming from a tech sales position).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate as it was a low-level position and I had little experience.