Gilbert + Tobin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gilbert + Tobin

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gilbert + Tobin

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Did not meet the partner whom this position was supposed to report to. Two nice and friendly interviewers. It took a long time to hear back from HR and the feedback was not useful.

Interview Questions

• What was an impressive deal that you were involved in?   1 Answer

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Responses to pre interview questions and testing, from there the interview process was friendly, no unnecessary behavioural questions, casual conversation style, organic, seemed as though the interviewers genuinely wanted to get to whether I was the right cultural fit for the firm. Interview conducted by one partner and HR, only one interview. Opportunity to meet members of the firm and discuss their work as part of the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your employment history and the skills that you have developed.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Gilbert + Tobin and what brings you to this firm in particular?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

3 level process, 1. Recruitment agency. 2. HR Manager at office 3. Partner who working for. very fast process, got back to me very quickly and sent offer letter in record time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us   1 Answer

Clerkship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin.

Interview

Interviewed by 1 partner, 1 SA, 1 HR. The environment and questions were relaxed and casual. It was for 30 minutes only. I found that they did not prepare a lot of set questions, they mostly picked them from your CV.

Interview Questions

• No behavioural question. Just question about yourself, why did you apply to G + T   Answer Question

Junior Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin.

Interview

Applied online through a recruitment company. Recieved a short phone call with recruitment company and progressed to an interview with G+T. Had two interviewers, no behavioural questions asked, interview process was easygoing, need to know your resume. If successful, would progress to a meet and greet event with employees at G+T.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Conversational and pleasant. Not intimidating. There were 2 partners and a HR representative present. We discussed my experience broadly and also personal interests. I had 2 interviews prior to being made an offer. They didn’t ask for referees until after the second interview but the offer came fairly shortly after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges or obstacles you’ve had to overcome.   1 Answer

Clerkship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2019.

Interview

There was a cocktail evening, coffee meeting with lawyer and 40 min interview.
    Interview was with an HR representative and a Partner
    They basically walked through my application questions and CV

Clerkship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbert + Tobin.

Interview

After submitting CV/Resume, invited to a clerkship networking evening. Completed two interview rounds after phone screening. These were one on one interviews with different practice group partners. There was an additional networking evening after interviews were completed before offers were announced.