Glamour Shots Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Glamour Shots Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glamour Shots (Santa Ana, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Originally as a photo editor, questions were mainly focused on speed and efficiency when it came to editing pictures. Currently the questions are if the applicant had any previous photography experience and if they have examples of their work. They are also expected to work in a high stress and sometimes high volume environment and have flexible hours, especially for the weekends.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glamour Shots (Austin, TX).

Interview

Took my portfolio to the interview, normal interview question, nothing out of the ordinary. they liked my work, i was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• all easy questions, no technical/camera questions cause the manager has no idea how any of the studio equipment works.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. I was told this is the hourly pay, take it or leave. lure new employees with false hopes of making lots of money on commission. dont fall for it.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glamour Shots (Springfield, MO).

Interview

My manager was super awesome! Very laid back. Did the usual, what do you like to do for fun? family? etc. Then got to the questions: Are you familiar with high dollar camera, Advice you'd give to a newbie. What kind of lighting would you use for certain poses.

Interview Questions

• Best advice you could give to a new photographer here at Glamour Shots   1 Answer

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glamour Shots (McAllen, TX).

Interview

Sent in a resume by email was called that same day for interview went in was interviewed really quickly before a session interview went great and was called 3days later and was offer the job

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glamour Shots (McAllen, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

went extremely well but like any other company they kinda blind you making you believe itll all be great and its not once youre hired and once youre part of the company they begin to pressure you so much until you cant handle it. but the interview was alright

Interview Questions

• years of experience, and customer service and plans for the company   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glamour Shots (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The lady currently running the place saw my resume when I walked it in & she said lets talk now. I told her about my experience in photography & she hired me on the spot. She was leaving the company & having a hard time finding a replacement, as there is extremely high turn-over in new employees.

Sales Associate/Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glamour Shots (Chesterfield, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

There is an store chat with the shop manager. They are needing warm bodies do to high turnover, so it's not too stressful. To help your chances, you should bring your portfolio or tearsheets, but this job is less about portraiture and more about sales. Try to emphasize any sales experience you might have. It's pretty easy though, don't sweat it.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been taking pictures? Are you comfortable working with clients? Can you sell?   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glamour Shots.

Interview

Who cares? If they're desperate, you could say you're Barney who has taken selfies before and they'll still hire you.

Easy process though. They will tell you that you got the job right away, again, if they're desperate.

Photographher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glamour Shots in February 2013.

Interview

Found out about position at a job fair. Presented hiring manager with my business card, resume, and completed application. Spoke briefly about my prior photography experience. Offered to interview me 3 days later. Arrived for interview 15 minutes early and spoke to an employee, asking her questions about the position while I waited waited for the hiring manager to be ready. Interview lasted about an hour and involved a lot of basic questions regarding my experience, willingness to be re-trained for a new studio, and we spoke briefly about the salary, which was non-negotiable (minimum wage OR commission, whichever is greater for the pay period.) At the completion of the interview I was given their telephone script and told to have it memorized because there is a test you must pass before they can hire you with regards to the phone script. I was told my second (though, technically, third) interview would include the phone script test and that they would be putting a camera in my hands to see how I do.

Interview Questions

• What did you like the least about your last job?   1 Answer

I had two other companies interested in me and decided to go with one of them that offered better pay and was more in line with Christian values.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Glamour Shots (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Dropped off my resume (this was many years ago) and was called for an interview a few days later. Manager was pleasant and inviting. We talked about my photography experience and I showed her a small portfolio. After completing some simple interview questions, I was then offered the job on the spot.