Glencore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

3.1

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Glencore (Bridgeport, CT).

Interview

Long process over several months. Pushed my way into an interview without any official posting or recruiter. Initial conversations with managers was extremely pleasant and all were very polite apart from foreign manager who came into the US office and asked me my age and said that my ego wouldn't be able to cope with taking a less senior job than my age would dictate....this was extremely illegal to say in an interview in the US... completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How old are you? I think that you may be too old for this role and your ego would not agree with it.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glencore (Stamford, CT) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with two individuals that I would be working with/for. Both had great personalities and we're eager to learn more about me. Focused a lot about current events in the industry and my stance on how those could potentially effect the business.

Interview Questions

• What is the one project you are most proud of? What skills did you have to use flto complete this project?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Met with several members of the team

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, what is a commodity, etc   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glencore.

Interview

Found an alumni, and learnt about Glencore is coming to campus
    Talked with Glencore people and submitted resume on career fair
    Skipped phone interview
    First-round and second-round in US HQ at Stamford, CT, interviewed with 8 people in total...traders, risk manager, operation manager, finance, HR, head of global risk....

Interview Questions

• Something about politics, extremely difficult to answer   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Glencore (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

very straight forward, some behavioral questions and more tech questions
    They have very tech and ask the right questions, covers the basics and some advanced questions in the field
    The agent came back to me with an offer within a week

Traffic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glencore (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Very easy going, open not at all stressful. Were very helpful in initiating a smooth conversation and transitioning to personal life. Lasted for about 2 hours. Make sure that you are prepared, will quiz you on everything that is on your CV.

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dehradun (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glencore (Dehradun (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two gentlemen's one is foreigner and one is from India only.Cool and calm. Firstly, it feels they want everybody in. But at the last it realized that they only need toppers. I scored 7 CGPA, but they were looking for 9+ CGPA.

Interview Questions

• What you didn't like about the Yesterdays group discussion?   1 Answer

Global Trader/Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glencore (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Process is ran by Glencore HR and Smart Global Trading (consultancy).

1. CV / Cover Letter
    2. Invited to a networking evening at the Mayfair Hotel - met Glencore workers and members of the Smart Global Trading team (mostly ex BP traders and operations) - Early November.
    3. Interviewed at the Glencore offices by two people from Smart Global Trading and one member of Glencore HR (rejected here) - Mid November.
    4. Assessment Centre (trading simulation & group exercise) - End of November.

You can request feedback after the interview stage. The process is thorough and professional, and the Smart Global Global team provide a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Networking evening - make sure you have knowledge of the industry, Glencore itself and know why you want to work in commodity trading.
      Interview at Glencore - competency and technical (nothing too challenging).   1 Answer

IT-Spezialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glencore.

Interview

There are a total of 2 rounds of interview, one with hiring manager and if once you are shortlisted, the next round will be with management.

Interviewers asked common questions like tell me about yourself, your experience, reason for leaving, ... and will share more information about the role that you are applying

Junior BO Employee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glencore.

Interview

Via Recruitment agency : intake + training

First Round:
    1:1 - Interview with Human Resource Rep
    2 :1 -Interview with Operations Manager + Team Leider

Second Round
    1: 1 Interview with Head of Human Resource Department
    2:1 Interview with direct senior BO employee

Interview Questions

• Why work at Glencore Grain BV
      Motivation for commodity trading