Glencore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glencore (Stamford, CT) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with two individuals that I would be working with/for. Both had great personalities and we're eager to learn more about me. Focused a lot about current events in the industry and my stance on how those could potentially effect the business.

Interview Questions

• What is the one project you are most proud of? What skills did you have to use flto complete this project?   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Glencore (Bridgeport, CT).

Interview

Long process over several months. Pushed my way into an interview without any official posting or recruiter. Initial conversations with managers was extremely pleasant and all were very polite apart from foreign manager who came into the US office and asked me my age and said that my ego wouldn't be able to cope with taking a less senior job than my age would dictate....this was extremely illegal to say in an interview in the US... completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How old are you? I think that you may be too old for this role and your ego would not agree with it.   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glencore.

Interview

Found an alumni, and learnt about Glencore is coming to campus
    Talked with Glencore people and submitted resume on career fair
    Skipped phone interview
    First-round and second-round in US HQ at Stamford, CT, interviewed with 8 people in total...traders, risk manager, operation manager, finance, HR, head of global risk....

Interview Questions

• Something about politics, extremely difficult to answer   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Met with several members of the team

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, what is a commodity, etc   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Glencore (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

very straight forward, some behavioral questions and more tech questions
    They have very tech and ask the right questions, covers the basics and some advanced questions in the field
    The agent came back to me with an offer within a week

Traffic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glencore (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Very easy going, open not at all stressful. Were very helpful in initiating a smooth conversation and transitioning to personal life. Lasted for about 2 hours. Make sure that you are prepared, will quiz you on everything that is on your CV.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

It was pretty hard. The manager, who was there with his assistant, asked a lot of profession-related questions that I was stunned by. Should've prepared more for interview for sure, especially in the case-scenarios questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Glencore (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial face to face with the hiring manager, which focussed on them hiring the right person. I had extensive experience in a very closely related industry, all the technical experience they were looking for, and seemed to get on with the hiring manager.

Not sure if it's because I went through an agency, but they failed to respond to provide feedback. Radio silence from Glencore following the interview. I did see they announced ytd losses of $0.5bn the following week so maybe that's why the role was frozen. Didn't get a 'no thanks', which isn't great advert for how they do business/treat employees.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Glencore (London, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

two part phone and face to face with direct manager and senior manager. Two separate days to interview. did not meet team during process. offered tea and water during process. Manager came across professional and approachable and made me feel at ease when talking about hobbies and interests.

Interview Questions

• Experience, CV and technical   1 Answer

Negotiation

no need to negotiate as salary and role were admirable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glencore (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

I got a call from a Glencore Mine for a telephone interview. It was pretty smooth , questions that was asked was mainly personality questions. They hired me on the spot.