Glispa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Glispa

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Glispa (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a 45 minutes video Skype call with their RH tech recruiter. I was asked about my past experiences, work culture and had a change to ask about Glispa projects and challenges. We didn't grasp anything too technical, the interviewer asked just enough to get more details about my latest experiences (they had my CV).

The interviewer demonstrate a very positive impression and said I would be forwarded to a practical test and a "personality test" at a later stage, not scheduled during the call. But turns out they never communicated back, not even an email communicating the process was abandoned if that was the case.

A misunderstanding or not, I believe they could improve their process by always giving a reply or at least not telling you a test will happen if it's not going to.

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glispa (New York, NY).

Interview

First phone discussion about me, previoys experience and had the opportunity to ask some questions about Glispa and what it's doing. Next an assignment was given to me which I was told that it was intended to be done in 2 hrs although I was given 3 days. The outcome was sourrealistic . I had done everything asked in a modular ,functional and consice way. I may had some positive remarks for what I had developed, but the missing points that were stated as an excuse of not to proceed any further were funny. I've done interviews with bigger and more high tech companies without encountering such inquries. At least for an assignment considered to be done in 2 hrs. I 've also heard the same experience from other candidates who were quite senior. If you want as a candidate to try it just for fun do so. The assignment is quite interesting.
    At some point I think these guys will be in trouble finding candidates. However and I have to mention at this point that in the whole procedure they were very polite ,kind and friendly while their business case seems quite interesting.

Interview Questions

Glispa Response

Jun 12, 2018 – HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write this review! I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience. We do have specific things we need to figure out about each person interviewed, determined by hires... More

Graduate Entry Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glispa.

Interview

1. Online application
    2. They reach out and ask to fill a standardized CV form.
    3. They reach out and ask for a 2 min video describing your fav tech product+an essay (you are given 3 days for this).
    4. Interview.

I stayed in the interview stage of the process. While it was a fun process it was extremely time consuming and for someone with other things to do it really does add stress. My biggest feedback would be that for such a time consuming process, they should really take the time to inform you you weren't selected with more than an automated email. I invested about 15 hours in the entire process and I expected at least a little feedback.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glispa (Berlin (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview is a Very long process with various people and stages to complete. They're looking for people who are practical and can get the job done, have a can do, entrepreneurial attitude

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glispa (Berlin (Germany)) in April 2018.

Interview

1. phone call with HR and the head of the team 2. Another team head
    It wans't very difficult / treaky. They want to know if you are knowledgeable about the industry.
    atmosphere was very chilling

Interview Questions

• previous experience. my expectation. what I know about the industry
      especially, lots of questions about 3rd part   Answer Question

Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glispa (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

I applied for this position from overseas, and the entire process lasted one week and consisted of one phone interview, a psychometric personality test and reasoning test, and one Skype interview. The interviewers were friendly and helpful in explaining the role. I am however giving this interview process a negative rating as I was told I would hear back by the end of that week, and two weeks later I still have not received any response whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a typical day in your current and previous job   Answer Question

Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glispa (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

I applied from overseas, and the whole process took one week. The first stage was a phone interview with the recruiter, the second stage included an online psychometric personality and reasoning test, and the third stage was a Skype interview with three members of staff. The recruiter was friendly and explained the role well. I am however giving this interview process a negative mark as I was told I would hear back from the final interview by the end of that week, and ended up not receiving any response whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical day in your current and previous job roles.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glispa (Berlin (Germany)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was referred by Glispa's employee. Initial interviews went well and I passed everything. Recruiter even already had an offer for me with offered salary and expected starting date and relocation package. But the next week after the offer was made ... the recruiter told me that the role is now up in the air due to recent acquisition. I am not sure if it's the real reason or not. Recruiter told me that she would update me the week after but it's been three weeks and no news so far. One of the most unprofessional interview process I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle situation when you need to debug an issue?
      How would you raise the importance of the issue to a developer?   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glispa (Paris (France)) in May 2016.

Interview

This process was one of the most unprofessional I ever got involved in.

The steps were as follow:
    1. Applied via the career page
    2. A couple days later, I was invited to an initial skype interview (classic phone screening: experiences, motivation to join Glispa, description of the role and company). During the interview, I felt the person was such in a hurry that she didn't paid attention to what I had to say. What's more, the bad wi-fi connection in their office made the Skype chat really laggy. Finally, there were a loud noise in their office.
    3. Right after the interview, I was invited to complete an online test (15 minutes).

And that was all. After this test, no more news from them, despite follow-up emails. Eventually, I saw that my application was not selected ... by checking the application platform. And it was about a month after the interview. I did not get any notifications whatsoever.
    I can perfectly understand that a profile does not match with a company's expectations. But at least, a simple email can be sent, and I'm not talking about feedbacks. It's just a matter of RESPECT.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glispa (Berlin (Germany)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was referred from an employee, than I was invited for an onsite interview. I had 1 interviews onsite with a hiring manager, then 1 personality test and finally a last interview onsite with 3 other people. The all process was really fast.