Global Crossing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Global Crossing Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Global Crossing (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Contacted by HR staff member of company via LinkedIn. After trading e-mails we set an phone interview to discuss the position. I did not know anything about position as the recruiter contacted me. After about a 50 minute discussion regarding my qualifications and the job description while the recruiter was impressed with me we both realized the position was not one that I would like to do.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Global Crossing (Rochester, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview to discuss the overview of opening as well as my background and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience make you qualfied for this position?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Global Crossing (Rochester, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I met with several members of the department in one afternoon. The people were very friendly and easy to talk with. They did a standard resume review and asked about prior employment roles. Each interview was 30 minutes and I met a Dir and several Mgrs in the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work style   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was good as presented so I took it.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Global Crossing (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2009.

Interview

quick got a callback the next day

Interview Questions

• whats your favorite color   1 Answer
    • Whats the air velocity of a laiden sea swallow   1 Answer

decided to stay at existing job

Senior Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Crossing (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2009.

Interview

Two phone interviews and done

Negotiation

easy

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Global Crossing (Southfield, MI) in December 2008.

Interview

This is actually an interview I had in 2001. Consisted of phone interview, one on one interview, and an interview with two IT management guys. It was informal; mostly consisting of me explaining my past experiences and their explanation of the history of the company and what they wanted me to work on.
    The were nice, reasonable guys.

Interview Questions

• describe the most recent challenging project you worked on and how did you overcome any obstacles?   Answer Question
    • why are you looking for a new opportunity?   Answer Question

During the interview they discussed the history of the company; how smaller phone/network systems were bought out by larger companies and if their stock price fell any more, they could be bought out by a larger company. I figured if this happened, any new redundancies would likely be eliminated. I started watching their stock price fall and read about the company. I decided to take a better offer from my (then) current company. Global Crossing then went on to have the 7th largest bankruptcy filing in US history.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Global Crossing in October 2011.

Interview

What a bunch of morons. Totally mislead on what the job actually consisted of. Probably wouldn't have accepted anyways due to the recent buyout by Level3. I've heard negative things about this company before and I should have listened to my gut.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Global Crossing?   1 Answer
    • What is "the cloud"?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Global Crossing in September 2011.

Interview

A few hours after I applied I was called to review my background. Later that day I was invited for a 1:1 interview to be scheduled ASAP. Got an offer later that day.

Reporting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Global Crossing in June 2010.

Interview

The hiring process consisted in three interviews, two with the human resources department, and the last one with the VP of the sector. They were correct, on time. They were prepared and it was a proffesional interview without the typical questions of a work interview such as "3 pros and 3 cons of your personality" and with clear direct questions of my work experience.

Interview Questions

• What´s your independence of decissions in your current job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Global Crossing in June 2009.

Interview

I first applied online, then I was notified by the HR Manager. I then went into the office and interviewed with three separate upper level managers. I was then notified by e-mail, and a follow up phone call that I was given the position. I then was notified that I had to take a drug test and also pass a background investigation. After passing the following requirements, I was able to begin work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate because it was an intern position.