Goldberg Segalla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldberg Segalla

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldberg Segalla (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview that ended with them saying that there is no paralegal position currently open, but that they would keep my resume on file and contact me if a position opened up.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with MS Excel?   1 Answer

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldberg Segalla.

Interview

Multiple interviews. The first was a phone screen, followed by a video conference. I then went into the office for a final interview. It seemed like a fantastic place to work until I was told I got the job- the people are great. It took 6 business days to get an offer letter after the phone call telling me I got the job, and I was told to resign before I had seen an offer letter or benefits (!!!)

I was offered the exact salary (but exempt, so a pay cut) from my last job (for a bit of a promotion in a HCOL area. Never tell anyone your salary) which was a bit insulting. They would not send me benefit information, they insisted on mailing it (probably because it is so expensive but I don't know why, read the reviews). I was offered 2 weeks of vacation (I have received the standard 4 at all other Big Law firms I have worked in). It was not an inspiring performance from HR.

Interview Questions

• General Law Firm questions, nothing too crazy, Big Law is a culture thing   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldberg Segalla (Buffalo, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Very nice and relax couldn't believe how at home they made me feel. nice environment to work at. They promote a positive work environment through respect and communication. I highly recommend any recent graduates in the area apply.

Client Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldberg Segalla (Buffalo, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

I was interviewing for 2 positions...First interview was with the managing partner and went extremely well. We hit it off great!! Received a call within 2 hours after we meet for a second interview that very same week. Second interview was terrible. Very uncomfortable and just ended. Did not give their contact information nor explained where they were going next in the interview process. If I had any questions, referred me back to HR. Little did I know, one women I interview with was from HR! I reached back to the managing partner and he gave me the contact information of the women I interviewed with. I sent them a follow up email, thanking them the next day. Sent another 2 weeks later. Heard absolutely nothing back. Not even a decline email.

Interview Questions

• How would you learn your role.   1 Answer
    • How would prioritize your day?   1 Answer
    • How would you organize?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldberg Segalla (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I emailed the hiring manager and met the team for an interview. They initially filled the position, but when that applicant resigned they reached back out via email to invite me back for two more interviews.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall the specific questions. It was a very conversational interview each time. Discussion of past experience.   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Goldberg Segalla (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was longer than expected. The Human Resource women that interviewed me were very professional and straight forward. They trust my word of experience and had a high reliability of my duties.

Interview Questions

• My experience working as a legal assistant and the specific everyday tasks I preformed.   1 Answer