Golden Events Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Events Group (Arlington, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was told it was a multiple interview process, I went to the first interview (in a location that was not their office) and was called later in the day telling me that I was moving through to second round interviews. I scheduled a day/time for my second interview and was told that I would be contacted later in the week with information regarding where I should go for my interview. However as the day come closer I never heard anything from my interviewer again despite efforts to contact (left multiple voicemails) with the information I had been given (the phone number I was given was a personal phone not the company and was an automated voicemail set up). At the time the website was constructed very poorly with no phone number for contacting the company anywhere, an incorrect address location and very little information. I was disappointed it turned out the way that it did.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Golden Events Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was extremely positive, and one of the best that I have ever been through. I felt nothing but welcomed throughout the interview process. It is a three step process consisting of three interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to be self-motivated in life?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golden Events Group (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was quick and easy, basic get to know you and the company. If you get to a second interview you will come out to one of their events to see how it works. The event was at sams club, not exactly an event in my opinion.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Golden Events Group (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Very long. It's a 3-round interview, first two rounds took me about 40min, and it's not a marketing job, just sales. So I didn't show up in the third round.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Golden Events Group (Dallas, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

It was a 4 step process, First a phone call, then brief interview at the their office, then second interview with a person who would be your manager. The last step is they give you a call to tell you if you get the job or not. Everything was very professional. The only thing they good improve is their job descriptions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if i have a car, if im a people person.   1 Answer

Event Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golden Events Group.

Interview

Received a call from the receptionist a day after I applied and had a short conversation. She asked me a few questions about my experience and told me the job would teach me how to plan and run events from start to finish. I set up a brief 15 minute in person interview the next day with the hiring manager/executive. Again, we talked about my resume and how my background would work well with marketing and the planning/running of events.

From there I was sent directly to round two which was an actual event. Here I learned that the job does not consist of ANY event planning and that the events are actually just kiosks set up in big box stores, kind of like you see at the mall or supermarket. At this "event" I met with another person where we went over my resume again and the structure of the company. I'm told that this is absolutely not a sales position, ONLY marketing and getting clients products in front of people. Later in the afternoon I was called to set up a final round interview.

Before the interview I was given a test of specific questions that I apparently should have learned from the person at the second round interview. I think the test itself is to see how you react because none of those questions were covered with me. Most were intuitive. During the interview we went over my answers and she asked a few more questions. At this point I knew the whole "event planning" was just to get people in the door, but I still was unaware that the position was 99% direct sales because she still emphasized that if the consumer is not interested then you never ever push since the goal is just product awareness. Only after I accepted did I find out that not only is it not event planning, not event running, or marketing but just who can sell the most product at their kiosk, for minimum wage. The narrative changed from never ever push a consumer, to only let the consumer walk away after they say no twice! I rescinded my acceptance of the offer and it was mostly due to the dishonesty.

Interview Questions

• What is a quality that you think would make you successful in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Golden Events Group (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied March 2016 for Golden Events Group in Dallas, TX. I quickly got an interview but the set up was weird; I didn't get a lot of information, had to call back twice to get the location, and it felt very rushed. When I got there, I waited with about six other people. The lady interviewing came out to great all of us and shook our hands. One girl waiting to interview thought she had asked for her resume, not her hand, and the interviewer was unnecessarily rude to this girl for making a simple mistake. When the interviewer went back to her office, two people got up and left.
    My interview was pretty quick, I described my ambitions and experience and she thought I was a good fit. She immediately sent me to Kroger's 35 minutes away to meet with some girl selling bamboo pillows at a booth in a full suit. We had a brief interview and I followed her around the store for about an hour while she obviously bothered customers, yelled at groups of people to follow her for a giveaway which then turned out to be cheap keychains after she talked about these pillows. I stayed for about an hour and a half before I could go.
    I was called in for a second interview where they talked me up about how much money I would make after training and the process for being promoted. It was a sales pitch. I interviewed with two people and was then suddenly offered a position. They wanted my answer on the spot. This is never a good sign. It felt very sketchy and impersonal. They obviously just wanted bodies to stand in these Krogers selling crap for $8/hr, 10 hours a day, no benefits, for weeks. I asked them for some time to think and they said they'd need my answer by early the next morning or they'd give it to someone else. It did not feel like a team, or like they genuinely valued or wanted me. When I called back the next day, nobody even answered the phone.

Overall, extremely sketchy. Pyramid scheme feel. Some people were nice, but they were obviously trying to sell this position as something that it's not. Interviewers told me how much they were making to try to sell me. Very unprofessional and pushy.

Let me be clear that this is not a management position and is NOT EVENT PLANNING OR COORDINATION. By "events" they mean "standing in a booth at a supermarket selling random things nobody wants." When do you get to "management", that will mean "managing a team of people you send to stand at a booth in a supermarket selling things nobody wants and they'll probably hate you for it."

THIS IS A SALES JOB. If you wouldn't take a job doing door-to-door sales, do NOT take this position.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions about my skills and went over my resume/degree. No real questions asked that you'd expect. Again, just trying to find bodies.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Golden Events Group (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted very quickly, about 10 minutes long. I asked about the job and they deterred my questions telling me that it was really something to see in the next interview where you get to shadow someone. The "events" they talked about in the online description where really just the small product promotions you see in large stores. The job is not the office job they describe to be. I was one of 3 people that was being interviewed at the time and while I was waiting to be interviewed, the receptionist called about 5 other people about similar positions. Overall, they were very nice but the job is very different from what they described and it was not what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Golden Events Group (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

First they reached out to me via telephone and asked me some basic questions like what I was looking for. Then a few days later, I went to their office to interview. I waited about 45 minutes while they interviewed a ton of other people ahead of me. My interview was barely even five minutes. I felt incredibly rushed. They then invited me to interview on-site the next day at a location where they would be holding a promotional event. I declined at that point because I did not feel this position was right for me.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Events Group.

Interview

I submitted my application and received a call within 24 hours. There were no questions it was simply a review of my resume, which was hardly looked over, it was rushed and very dry. It seemed like they just needed another person to work because after the interview I got a call that night saying I got the position. I wouldn't recommend them just because it seems like they just work people into the ground, this is why I declined their offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me which position I was looking to work in and they told me the starting salary for it, and all I was looking for was a summer internship not a full time job.   Answer Question