Golden Gate University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Golden Gate University Interview Questions

Interviews at Golden Gate University

2.4

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Golden Gate University.

Interview

Standard interview process. General and role-specific questions. Phone screen, group interview and then 1:1 final round. Wait between each portion of the process was standard 1 week or more. Presentation was part of group process.

Director of Digital Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to do a 45 minute, first round video interview with two members of the hiring team. It was an awkward interview in which the VP of Communications continuously stressed the high level of tension within the department. It did not make me want to work there. Overall she spent more time talking than interviewing me. At the interview, they asked me to send work samples over, which I did immediately. They never contacted me after that.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience with various digital media channels   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (San Francisco, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

The initial screen took 2 weeks after applying; with an additional two weeks to schedule the screen and another week for an in-person interview. Appear to be building a pool of candidates as if hiring on a seasonal basis. The interview and role was sales driven.

Interview Questions

• A question was asked about how you would respond to a prospective student call, where the student is interested but indecisive.   1 Answer

Grad Interview

Interview

5 rounds of interview process. It was more of business side and related issues and would ask how would you handle such situation if you were given a chance to handle them. So basically you would handle situational based answers

Associate Registrar Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Golden Gate University in October 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed over the phone by the Registrar, and then for the second, came into the office to interview with the Registrar and the Associate Registrar at the time. What was interesting about the process, was that although I wasn't offered the position, the Registrar recommended I apply for the Assistant Registrar position. An internal candidate was hired.

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was interviewed over the phone the next week. The phone interview lasted about 23 minutes. I am currently waiting to hear back from them next week to see if I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Golden Gate University?
      What do you know about Golden Gate University student population?
      Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Gate University.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from GGU the next day. I was told I might be a good fit for the role and they listed the salary at $48,000 in their introduction email and asked if I wanted to interview. I was a little thrown off and explained that was lower than what I was currently making, but if I could interview so we could all see if I was a good fit and if my experiences matched what they were looking for, then salary could be negotiated then. They responded that there was no room for negotiation, take it or leave it. So...I decided not to interview. Who can survive in San Francisco making $48,000?? Especially for an assistant director position! I'm not sure how GGU can expect to gain and maintain talent with compensation that's so low.

Interview Questions

• Since I didn't interview, the only question I was asked by GGU was regarding accepting their low salary.   1 Answer

The salary is below market rate for San Francisco

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

A one-on-one interview followed by a writing test. The interview was to understand how you will use your past experiences in the current role. Attitude and personality match with the basic job role.

Interview Questions

• How do your past job experiences align with the current job role?   Answer Question

Financial Aid Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Ok experience. They were a bit unorganized, but also very responsive when it came to follow up. Had 2 interviews, both group/panel. Ended up going with someone with more financial aid experience, but let me know I would be recommended for another position.

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online got an email to schedule telephone interview
    Asked One question why GGU?
    Got another email for in-person interview
    Asked couple of question such as strength and weaknesses, major achievements, etc make sure you dress properly and answer with full confidence. Which means a lot to the team