Golden Gate University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Golden Gate University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.3

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Gate University.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from GGU the next day. I was told I might be a good fit for the role and they listed the salary at $48,000 in their introduction email and asked if I wanted to interview. I was a little thrown off and explained that was lower than what I was currently making, but if I could interview so we could all see if I was a good fit and if my experiences matched what they were looking for, then salary could be negotiated then. They responded that there was no room for negotiation, take it or leave it. So...I decided not to interview. Who can survive in San Francisco making $48,000?? Especially for an assistant director position! I'm not sure how GGU can expect to gain and maintain talent with compensation that's so low.

Interview Questions

• Since I didn't interview, the only question I was asked by GGU was regarding accepting their low salary.   1 Answer

The salary is below market rate for San Francisco

Financial Aid Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Ok experience. They were a bit unorganized, but also very responsive when it came to follow up. Had 2 interviews, both group/panel. Ended up going with someone with more financial aid experience, but let me know I would be recommended for another position.

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online got an email to schedule telephone interview
    Asked One question why GGU?
    Got another email for in-person interview
    Asked couple of question such as strength and weaknesses, major achievements, etc make sure you dress properly and answer with full confidence. Which means a lot to the team

Circulation Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (South San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

English Skills and flexible schedule are the most important parts of the interview. Be honest and show interest. The interview will be very short and concise. The fact that you already have a SSN is a plus because they are usually in a rush to hire new student assistants.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was willing to work on weekends and how was my weekly schedule.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

Basic Interview. In person with about 5 people. Each will ask you a few questions, each are members in the department. There was a second follow up interview that was just one on one with the VP. Everyone was nice and friendly, seemed relaxed. Process took around 4 weeks, and they were frequently in touch.

ELearning Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then there was a 1:1 interview and a few days later I already got the offer. Only 1 round of interviews, with the direct manager. They were very nice and conducted the process in a timely manner.

Journalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was an in person interview. I spoke with 3 people. Took about a week until final interview after being given a tour of the facility. Overall, the process was fairly standard.

Graduate Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Received an email and conducted a phone interview. Next was the group/panel interview. There were at least 3-4 people asking questions by turn. Then the next day the hiring manager will call to let you know if you received the job.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Golden Gate University (San Francisco, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

It was a really easy process - I was contacted for an initial phone screening interview. After the phone screening I came to campus and interviewed with my coworkers and supervisor in separate meetings - lasting about an hour each. Then I was shown around the campus. It took about 2 months after I interviewed before the position was offered. The entire process was about 3 months long.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the difference between counseling and coaching?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Golden Gate University?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate minimally - There was some room for flexibility. I would suggest that others try to negotiate a flexible work schedule which seems easier to do rather than salary.

Part Time Job Interview

Interview

The whole office got together to interview each candidate, and took turns to ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Not much, very common questions. What's your strength etc.   Answer Question