Golden Hippo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Golden Hippo Interview Questions

Interviews at Golden Hippo

2.6

Outbound Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Hippo.

Interview

Spoke regarding my previous experience. It was a great overall experience. We went over product information and the manager (excellent manager) clarified compensation details. I was impressed by the process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Golden Hippo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process went very well. Being that this was for a Web developer role in was expecting to answer a few technical questions but they were mostly about my past work experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Golden Hippo (Encino, CA).

Interview

I applied and within a week I was brought in for an onsite. I came on time but ended up waiting for about 20 minutes. The office is just a house converted into a crammed workspace. I sat in a room with two developers and the recruiter. They asked me questions about typical front end things (HTML,CSS,jQuery). I emphasized on my cover letter I was very junior so I was shocked when the recruiter told me that he/she was surprised by my lack of experience during the interview. I'm guessing my resume wasn't reviewed and thoroughly analyzed. The company and I could've saved a significant amount of time if one person took the time and recognized I was clearly under qualified. It was a very awkward interview to say the least.

I left their office and on my way back home I received a call from the recruiter saying they would like to offer me a junior position. The salary was WAY below market standard for a junior developer.

Interview Questions

• Something with JavaScript about delaying an event on a page onl0ad.   1 Answer

Aggressive low ball offer and lack of professionalism.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarzana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golden Hippo (Tarzana, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for a junior developer position. I had a brief phone conversation before coming in for in person interview with a manager and a developer. The guy asked a few technical questions, none was difficult. The manager started talking about the company, asked me how much I got paid in the previous job. He told me they paid $17/hour for the position I applied. What??? yeah! What a joke! With that kind of pay, I wouldn't expect they had any good developer on staff. By the way, one of the company benefits is, you get to drive the company's BMW for a month. Haha, what a stupid privilege !

I never contacted them again. 2 months later I got a junior developer position in the Valley area that paid me 75k/year. Even now, whenever I drive by GHM, I feel sad for any developer that works for that company. But they probably get what they pay for, you can't expect a decent developer will be willing to work $17/hour. Can you?

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience?
      What can you do to improve the speed of the application?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golden Hippo in January 2016.

Interview

Warning this company is a scammy affiliate marketing company with no real goal of making a better product.

The manager or the owner brought me into the room with two dev guys who were extremely reserved and didn't want to build any report. Which is a bad sign in my option because you have to have some type of commonality with your co-workers.

one of the guy's actually asked me if I always talk that much. I said only if I have to because they were giving me nothing to work with. In other words, they were very vague on what the products were or who they benefitted. I asked many questions they did not want to answer.

The answer was "If you get the job, we will tell you".

So why does this matter? Because there seems no room to move up and actually get the company to notoriety, this company felt very fly by night operation and to focused on small details rather than the big picture. The big reason is they sell products no one wants or have no clue how to market... clearly they just buy websites and build 1000's of landing pages. you're better off doing your own affiliate marketing for the same pay they are offering.

Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Golden Hippo.

Interview

Golden Hippo Media is essentially a supplement/nutrition company that does all of its marketing in house. Why a nutrition supplements company calls itself a marketing media company is beyond me. I thought clients would be Whole Foods, GNC, Nature Made...that type of thing but it's the CEOs who have their own line of products they sell. So the clients are direct consumers...not other businesses.

Questions were very typical interview questions. The guys did not seem enthusiastic about their positions or the company...weren't very good representatives of the company. It was a pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

• I asked them who their clients were   1 Answer

Buyer/Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golden Hippo.

Interview

Got a confirmation date and time but recruiter did not even bother calling. I must say I have never experienced dealing with someone so unprofessional. There aren't enough free food or Yoga classes to make me work for this kind company that is obviously disorganized. What a shame and I was looking forward to the interview too. Next time have the courtesy to call back or email the candidate if you changed your mind. Candidates take time out of their busy schedule and their time is just as valuable are yours. RUN AWAY!

Golden Hippo Response

Oct 18, 2017 – HR Department

Hello, thank you so much for letting us know about your experience applying to Golden Hippo. I want to personally apologize for the miscommunication we have caused, but I can assure you that your... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Golden Hippo (Woodland Hills, CA).

Interview

First Round was great. met with some people in positions I was seeking to grow into. Second interview went great with the first hiring manager. The second hiring manager came in, and grilled me with a lot of belittling questions with a belittling tone . He had a sense of arrogance, and I picked up quick that the management may not be an ideal fit for me here, they seemed self absorbed and purposely negative.

Interview Questions

• Why are you even here?

What happened with every previous employer, and go into detail?

What do you know about us?

What makes you think your cut for this position?   1 Answer

Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Hippo (Calabasas, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interviewer called me perhaps only hours after having received my cover letter and resume. We discussed my qualifications at length until the interview took an odd turn. The interviewer asked my age. Wanting to illustrate that I was a team player, I went along and answered the question. Then the interviewer did what a number of interviewers do when they want to disqualify you for a reason protected by employment law: posed a question that no matter how I answered would disqualify me from further consideration.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me where I saw myself in three years time working for Golden Hippo.   1 Answer

Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golden Hippo (Woodland Hills, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Thought it was a Craigslist scam but was bored. Was a semi-group interview held in a room with a giant picture of Bill Clinton sitting at a table with Monica Lewinsky hiding underneath it (yes really). 3 people fired generic questions my way, none of whom seemed they could care about being there.

Interview Questions

• If you had to come up with a percentage or amount of money you'd ideally make back if spending $100 of our money, what would that ROI be?   1 Answer