Golf Channel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Golf Channel

2.7

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Golf Channel (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

It was long. Phone interviews, In person interviews and job shadowing. The whole process was stretched out between 2-3 months before I actually heard back. Also, an email questionnaire from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• 10 things I could bring to the table   3 Answers

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Golf Channel in April 2018.

Interview

I applied and about a month later got a link for a video interview. About a month after that, I got a call from the supervisor of Studio Operations and we talked about my resume and my interests for the internship.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Golf Channel.

Interview

You will be contacted by someone who works in the department of the internship you apply for. They will contact you with a screening call then if you pass the screening call you will be sent on to the next round. Following the next round is the hiring process.

Internship Interview

Interview

It is incredibly hard to get your foot in the door. But once you're in, it's easy to move around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I don't think there are negotiations for internships. $10/hour for undergrads. $15/hour for graduate students.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Golf Channel (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

It was very laid back, lasted 30 minutes. They didn't ask normal interview questions, just wanted to get to know me. They gave me advice on my career. They asked me if I golf or watch the golf channel and I was honest and said no. Probably not what they were looking for.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Golf Channel (Orlando, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

I've never applied to a network that was SO BUSY that they require me to do a computer interview with a robot. And I've had face-to-face video interviews with ABC, FOX, and CBS Networks. You log on and complete a bunch of "getting to know you" questions (or so they say). In the email that invites you to the interview process, it says not to be nervous, since they are "just getting to know more about you!" WRONG. How would I NOT move on to the next part of the interviewing process if I was answering questions about my sports background? How were my answers wrong...? Not only is it a TERRIBLE strategy for HR, it's unfair.

You get 30 seconds to read a question and about a minute to answer. Next time, how about take the time to speak to your potential employees? If other networks are kind enough to take time out of their day to talk to me, so can you.

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golf Channel in April 2015.

Interview

Brief phone with a hiring manager who worked for NBC sports in CT and was not located or seem to know much about the workings of the Golf Channel in FL.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, passions, personality. How would you approach this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Golf Channel in June 2014.

Interview

Simple, reviewed resume and did phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. Job offer within a day. Have questions ready for HR or producer conducting interview. Show enthusiasm for sport.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of the sport? Where do you see the golf industry going?   Answer Question

Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Golf Channel (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted by an HR recruiter. She set up an in-person interview with the internship coordinator. The interview lasted about an hour. I was not quizzed on my golf knowledge (thankfully because I didn't know much) and that's definitely not a requirement to work there. Received an offer about 6 weeks later.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Golf Channel (Orlando, FL).

Interview

First you apply online and it took them about two weeks to get back to me. They will call you to set up an in person interview and from there HR will call you to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your portfolio? Basically you break down what you have down and how it is relevant.   Answer Question