Goodwin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Goodwin

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwin (Washington, DC) in August 2007.

Interview

My recruiter had put my resume in with the firm, that immediately contacted me to come in for an interview. When I arrived, I met all of the partners in the practice area I was applying to in a single conference room. It was a marathon session, but all of the partners seemed really down to Earth and interesting. Just a few days later I received an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us over the other firms out there?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, compensation was lock-step.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwin (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Standard two round process through a headhunter. I asked to go back before accepting the offer so I had a total of 3 sets of interviews. Pretty average process for Big Law, you will meet with the recruiting people, associates and partners. No surprises here.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about why you want to be a litigator and why Goodwin?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodwin (Boston, MA).

Interview

Pretty much the same as every other law firm: they take you around to the offices of a few partners and a few associates and you spend about 30 minutes with each person. Nothing crazy or unexpected. Generally people are friendly.

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodwin.

Interview

Screen interview and follow up. The interviews were with a partner and a mid-level associate. The interviewer evidently read my transcript and the associate asked about my work sample.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwin (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Resume submitted; telephone call was received asking for interview; telephone interview first; one-to-one interview second; call was made with job offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwin.

Interview

-Submitted online app, through which I was required to provide 3 references.
    -30-min phone screen with recruiter > several hours onsite with manager, immediate team & HR business partner > final round of onsite with manager & others on the BD team/ office-specific folks.
    -All 1:1 and no curveball questions. Final round felt more like a formality. This was before they implemented structured interviewing.

Case Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwin (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was very extensive and was with multiple people, including those currently in the Case Assistant Position.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwin (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied for a litigation paralegal role online. Took three days for paralegal manager to get back to me. I was scheduled for an interview the following week and ended up meeting with six people that day, which resulted in me being there for five hours. I was offered the position the very next day.

Legal Interview

Interview

very standard interview process, everyone was really friendly and helpful, gave great insight to the firm. similar to all other interviews, but less interview-style questions, really just trying to get a sense of personality

Interview Questions

• what is something that you did in a past experience that was challenging?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodwin (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Four interviewers. Two partners followed by two associates. Questions were mostly about personal experiences. I shared a lot about my time abroad because I applied for a special program. If you were able to tell a story based on your resume, that would make things a lot easier. Very nice environment.