Graduate Fasttrack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Graduate Fasttrack Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process takes about 3-4 hours depending on whether you make the cut or not. They start by telling you info about the company and about the industries where they have positions open.
    Then you have a present yourself pitch where you have to sell yourself.
    Next is a group exercise in which you have to first individually rank the most effective methods related to the task. Then you discuss it with the group and create a group ranking.
    Last is presenting a partner for which you have 4 minutes to prepare and 1 minute to present.
    After that you have a break where they make the cut.

However, they seem to have their minds set before since people that have performed worse were taken to the next phase which casts a shadow of doubt over the whole process.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The overall process took 24 hours for me. I kid you, not. So I get a call from on of their recruiters, had a phone interview, which I passed, then was informed to come in the next day. To what I assumed, would be for me to meet my recruiter. Nope. Not at all.

The confirmation email had a company history, followed with 4/5 attached documents explaining "why, what, when and how" for a media sales role and recruitment role. My recruiter and I had spoken at about, 2/3pm in the day. He called back at 7.30pm to 'double check' whether I was set for tomorrow.

So it gets to 1pm the following day... and I have travelled to Hammersmith for this... thing. As soon as I walk into their lobby, I see about 20 or so other graduates waiting. After about 10 minutes, they walk us into a room and are told to sit in groups on the separate tables. We have to fill out this registration form. Asking things like, "what role are you looking for? what location?". The recruiter then goes on to start a presentation explaining the gist of the company, their "90% success rate" and how "two people that met here are now getting married!" *rolls eyes*.

Our first task is a group one. We are given a sheet with a scenario about taking a group trip to the moon, something happens, then we have to number this list of stuff 1-15. 1 being most important, 15 being the least. Don't give it any mind. Why? As the recruiter leading this assessment is explaining what to do, their main thing is timing. They tell you that you should 'get the same 1-15 as I have in my hand, however for the ones you have wrong, you have to add a 10-second penalty to your time. The team who wins are is the one who has the least amount of time after the penalties'. So my group went through it fairly quickly, finished first. When it got down to the recruiter explaining their 1-15, we had a penalty of approximately 1 minute 10. Although this seems like quite a bit, we still won as our collected time was the lowest out of all teams.

Next, we had to introduce ourselves within a minute. You're timed. We have to say:
    - Name
    - What uni did you go to? What did you study?
    - Past experiences (work)?
    - Fun fact about yourself.
    For this part, it's pretty straight forward. However, SELL YOURSELF! I mean, during your experiences part, explain your best attributes, which would relate back to being good for either a sales or recruitment job role. Remember why you're here. Make sure your 'fun fact' is something interesting. Not just the typical 'I support West Ham' *rolls eyes*. Also, the recruiter calls another recruiter in for this part so be aware. They leave once the task is done.

Thirdly, we had to mix up the tables. We were given another sheet where it had a scenario about how we could change people from drinking excessively and from doing whatever on the streets *by this point I should've just left*. So you had to number each point 1-8, 1 being the most effective, 8 being not so, and your reason for it. You then had to communicate as a team to explain why you decided that number and why. You then had to talk as a group and explain why you chose that number, etc. and finally come up with an order you all agree on. At the bottom of this sheet, it also says 'how many did you get the same number? who lead the group? who's most diplomatic?' This is a task to see how persuasive you are. How will you get people to follow your lead? Great attribute for selling, huh?

Next, we were put in pairs. Similar to how we had to introduce ourselves, we had to get to know our partner to basically re-introduce them to everyone. Another recruiter is brought in for this part. You're given approximately 8 minutes (4 minutes each) to get to know each other. Then a minute to speak in front of everyone. Yet again, sound enthusiastic, persuasive, slighty entertaining. Make sure you emphasise the attributes of a great recruiter/media sales person. Make sure you are that great sales/recruitment person they're looking for. That's what they're gagging for.

Once they've drained all you're blood, they'll pull you out in groups to say whether you've made it through to the next round! Haha, I didn't. Yeah, I left their office around 4.30pm.

The next round consists of a lead panel-style interview with about 3/4 of them sitting in front of you, then if you're successful. You'll meet your 'coach/consultant'.

Their offices don't actually seem that great. It was fairly empty and the female toilets were upstairs with a notice of 'Flash toilet once finished.' Yes, I said FLASH. It seemed as though they were trying to put this professional facade on.

Assessment Day Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Graduate Fasttrack was my first time at an assessment centre with a recruitment company. So from my experience here with a particular recruiter, it was not a favourable one. Clearly had an image in mind of his ‘perfect candidate’ and if you didn’t fit that image then they have no interest in you from the moment you walk through the door. What you need to understand is that you invited us there, so if you think we are not the one YOU are looking for, that’s fine, but at least show some respect and don’t look completely disinterested when candidates that don’t fit your image are presenting because we all were there trying to give it our best from what we could. I am normally never the type to complain or write reviews but I felt this urge to put it out there so others who are in a similar position as me don’t feel discouraged by such experiences. I just want to tell you all, keep faith in yourself, we say in sales resilience is extremely important, let’s prove we have that through our job search. Chin up to everyone looking for jobs atm, you will find what is meant for you :)

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself (Name, Uni, your USP, funfact)   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

It seemed no one was aware it was an assessment day to become one of the company's 'candidates', everyone had applied for a specific job role (mine was Media Recruitment Consultant) and led to believe that's what we were being interviewed for. This was not the case. I was also told over the phone that it would be a group interview of no more than 10 people - there were 25.

We were given a presentation on the agency, then individually introduced ourselves (name, uni, course, experience, fun fact), and given various group/paired tasks to complete. These were simple enough. We were then split into two groups - the group taken out of the group were being cut.

Then followed 'panel interviews', which was one person asking questions, and another (in my case, it was the recruiter who screened me over the phone) sitting observing. The interview would have been easy enough, had the interviewer actually read my CV and known that I had no previous experience in a sales position. Asked questions very specific to job roles in sales, as in, questions you would only really know the answer to if you had the experience. They left the room to discuss, came back in and told me it was a no, at this point I wasn't surprised. Feedback was interesting. He criticised me for answering 'no' to a question. The question was "do you have any larger scale sales experience?", and the only way my answer would be anything other than a 'no', would be if I had lied.

Overall seemed to me like they don't bother reading anyone's CVs and just invite as many people along to these assessment days as they can to give the illusion they are THE agency to be with. Waste of time, money and ink.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I spent the afternoon at Graduate Fasttrack following a phone interview. Loved the company everyone was really friendly and chatty, everything is done for candidates to be at ease as much as possible but obviously as an interview you still feel the pressure. Managed to make it on to the books and was offered a job within 2 weeks! Just be yourself and be confident!

Advertising Media Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

This was my first assessment day. The day itself is quite straightfoward and takes place over an afternoon. When you arrive there is a presentation which will give you loads of information on the different areas of the industry, although there are some areas you will not be interested in. Then you have to stand up and introduce yourself, do a group debating task and also sell the person next to you. People who were very confident did the best at this and these were the people who made it through to the end. Unfortunately my nerves got the better of me and I didn't get through but it was a good informative day and I will be reapplying in the future.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed couple months back, phone Interview, Assessment Center, Panel Interview.

There are several tasks during the assessment center, 1. list some arguments/items for a given statement in order and discuss among the group, 2. Interviewing and selling the person sitting next to you. You will be judged mainly on communication and confidence to boast about yourself.

You must bare in mind, the jobs they are placing people in are not jobs required for a degree (ironically the company is called graduate fast-track) it's basically sales jobs in media, IT and finance, anyone can do these jobs even with no degree.

If you want to work extremely long hours and constantly cold call people in B2B sales and generally work on the commission this is the stop for you. (one of the recruiters did mention a lot of people do drop out due to this, don't think he was meant to say that.)

Another thing to consider if you are coming from a long way away, you can be told to leave at any point in the interview process and feedback might just be limited to "you're not money motivated".

Even though they pride themselves on being an "elite" grad placement company, most people at the interview did medicore degrees at low rank unis, which was surprising.

Overall, if you want to go down this path the panel interview process is easy as long as you talk about how driven/hard working you are and how much money is a motivating factor in the hard work. Also communicating clearly and confidently will get you on their books, which will eventually lead to a job in sales.

P.S don't get conned by the fake google reviews they have, the staff writes those internally using fake google accounts.

Interview Questions

• 1. Introduce yourself and say why you should be hired? (talk about money, money, money and how "driven" are.)
      2. Sell your partner? (Do no sit next to a weak candidate it will be your doom)
      3. Generic questions on what motivates you, why sales etc?
      1 Answer

Any Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There was around 25 graduates in total that attended this assessment day. There was a brief introduction to the agency, what roles they offer and an explanation as to what each role consists of. Afterwards, one by one everyone was asked to introduce themselves (Name, University, sales experience, fun fact). After this there was a group activity (you work with the people sat at your table). Firstly you have to rate (e.g 1-10) the applicability of statements to a given scenario, then discuss amongst your group and agree on a rating. After this, we had to work in pairs, gaining some information on your pair for a sales pitch presentation on why the agency should recruit your pair (obviously to assess your own capabilities and not that of your pair). Then the room was divided with those names called out of the room being unsuccessful. Those that were successful went on to a 'panel' interview, and from my experience and from speaking to other candidates, there was one 'main' potentially more experienced recruiter asking all the questions and one other supposedly less senior consultant witnessing the interview. Some reviews suggest this was a relaxed environment, however, I unfortunately instead found it quite tense and judgemental. If you want a position within a corporate, stiff environment then this professional agency may be suitable for you to work with.

IT Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Wasn't told that it was an assessment day - only invited to come in to meet a recruiter - no mention of assessment - relaxed assessment day mainly focussed on group tasks but not as rewarding or well structured as other assessments from competitors

Interview Questions

• Something interesting about yourself
      3 Things that make a good salesman
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The company will likely contact you before (if you have your CV on job sites). Initially the conversation will be with a recruiter asking you about what you are looking to do next in your career. This company only offers sales and recruitment positions. If these are the sectors you are interested in I think they could be a good company to go with because they say they put you forward for different positions.

After the call you will get an email inviting you to an assessment day, they want you to go the earliest one. There are less than ten people at the assessment day. First you hear about what roles they offer recruitment, finance sales, media sales, IT sales and business intelligence. Then everyone introduces themselves, you have to work individually on numbering the order of importance in a set task and then work in a group to decide the order but make sure you stand up for yourself if you disagree because you say how many answers you changed and how many stayed the same at the end. They then ask some people to leave the room and they aren't invited to the final interview. If you make it through this part you are then invited to the final interview with a recruiter and senior recruiter - one will be the person you spoke to on the phone. Usual sales questions, show your passion, motivations, money motivated etc.

They ask for names of any friends you have who are interested in this position as well and if they get hired you get 200 pound if they stay in their position for 3 months.

Interview Questions

• You have to say why the person next to you would be the best for being recruited and sell them. You are given some time to talk to them beforehand.   Answer Question