Grand Forks Herald Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grand Forks Herald Interview Questions

5.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grand Forks Herald

Copy Editor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Forks Herald.

Interview

I was recruited to interview after being referred by an employee. Although I accepted the position, enjoyed the work, and worked there for several years, the organization was not a positive experience. Until the company changes leadership, I do not recommend it.

Interview Questions

• When I asked a question, the hiring authority conducting the interview shouted at me. Others at the table said and did nothing.   Answer Question

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Forks Herald (Grand Forks, ND) in April 2008.

Interview

I had been working there part-time and wanted to fill an open full-time position. I was invited to interview. The editor shouted at me during the meeting when I asked a question my supervisor suggested asking. I should have walked out and never looked back. Unfortunately, I took the job anyway.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember. When the editor quit shouting, I stated my requirements and asked for the offer in writing. He typed it up and handed it to me. I walked out of the room.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated the same schedule and 3 weeks of vacation as my husband so we were assured time off together, something we were aware other couples did not have.

Be sure to get any offer in writing. I did, and several weeks later, my supervisor asked for a copy of it because the editor wanted to change the parameters. I kept my negotiated package.