Granicus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.8

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Granicus (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

First received an email from a recruiter from the equity firm that owns/collaborates with Granicus. Before I even had a phone call with anyone, they had me fill out a personality assessment as well as a skill assessment. A few days after the assessments, I had a 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter from the company that owns Granicus. This recruiter seemed like he was not too familiar with Granicus - the conversation felt very scripted and impersonal.
    The recruiter for Granicus/the equity firm scheduled a follow up Facetime interview with me for a few days after the phone screen. The Facetime interview was literally retaking the first skills assessment that I took the week prior, while the recruiter watched me through my computer camera. There was very little conversation after I finished the second assessment, the recruiter summed up that he would send my application to Granicus, and if they were interested they would move forward.
    It felt like a very tedious amount of interviewing before the "actual" interview with Granicus ever happened, and I haven't heard from either company since.
    The talent acquisition team needs to streamline and communicate on their end - I felt like there was very little direction with the application, and I never heard back after my video interview.

Interview Questions

• How much knowledge do you have on government systems and legislation   Answer Question

Software Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Granicus (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

I met Granicus at a career event. I had two phone interviews, an on-site informational interview, did a timed logic and personality assessment, and finally spent 4+ hours on-site interviewing with 7 people and a two hour peer technical exercise. The most disappointing part wasn't that I didn't get the job after investing so much time with the company, but that they communicated that information in a way that was very informal and felt like a brush off. I kept thinking something more official would happen but it never did.

Field Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Granicus (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to interview first where he had me take a personality and assessment test. Both tests were pretty straight forward - the benefit is that the recruiter made sure to speak with me on the phone beforehand so I knew what I was getting into. How it was graded, timing etc. Was VERY organized.

He called back the next day to schedule a second interview. The second part was a video interview with two higher ups based in D.C. Both were very educated, appeared to know exactly what they wanted, what type of person they wanted, and what the role was going to do specifically. They didn't beat around the bush with expectations - which was nice.

I was then called in for an in person interview where I got to meet most of the staff I would be working with. They appeared to care as much about me getting along with staffers as much as my value to the company. Wasn't difficult, but need to make sure you have questions and specific answers. As I said before, they knew exactly what they were looking for.

It was about 4 hours, with a mix of video calls, in-person conversations etc.

Keep in mind this is a VERY niche market, so it felt like they were looking for a specific person. Meaning if you're applying, make sure you know your government.

Although I didn't get the position, I would apply here again as everyone was extremely forthcoming with information and expectations. Can't ask for much more than that.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience in government communications as I had none.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granicus (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred to Granicus by a mutual contact who accepted an offer elsewhere. Initial communication was conducted over email, then phone, then in-person (two visits). I estimate the process took about six hours total, not counting prep work (firm research, stack review, etc). I spoke with the team lead I was to work with first, then the team as a whole, then department leadership. We discussed my background, my skill set, and how I might best be able to contribute to Granicus products. I asked about their product history, office culture, and where they saw the company expanding in the coming years. I am pleased to report that the satisfactory answers I received proved accurate.

Interview Questions

• What products and platforms have you worked with in the past? Which are you best with, and where would you like to grow the most?   Answer Question
    • What was the biggest success you helped achieve in your previous position? How did you bring that about, and how would you achieve the same (or a greater) success in your new position?   Answer Question
    • What is a “MIME type”, what does it consist of, and what is it used for? Provide an example.   Answer Question
    • What's a recent process change you implemented in response to feedback from clients?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Granicus (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

This was a many-stepped, disorganized mess. I originally was reached out to by an internal recruiter, who set me up for an interview with both the manager and director. I spoke separately with the director for an hour, than the manager for two hours. Then I had a second interview with the CTO, but the internal recruiter sent us to two different locations.

I was given a low-ball verbal offer by the manager, then a full written contract by an HR representative, then had to talk about the number discrepancy with the CTO, who waited I agreed to the lower-than-agreed-upon salary, signed all the documentation, and gave two-weeks notice to my current employer to rescind the offer because I brought up the number discrepancy.

This process is such a mess it will ruin your life. Do not enter lightly, and do not trust any offer given.

Interview Questions

• Why are you so concerned with our offer being lower than agreed upon?   Answer Question

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Granicus (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for interview after a month and a half. I spent an hour with the interviewer, and he asked me some questions about my resume and went over Granicus. We spent a half hour on the whiteboard doing a whiteboard question and tinkering with my solution. Following that, I asked a few of my own questions and ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• Using about two minutes, tell me as much as you can about one of the projects you've done on this resume.   Answer Question
    • Create an algorithm that takes in a string and returns 'true' if there are no repeating characters in the string, and false if there are repeating characters.   1 Answer

Finance/Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Granicus (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with CFO and Staff Attorney, easy-going environment, questions not too hard. Asked a few questions after I walked them through my resume, heard back within a week. Very friendly and nice atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granicus in May 2014.

Interview

I applied via linked in. Recruiter set up a call with the hiring manager, and then asked me to come in the next week for interviews with her and then her boss. They seemed to go well, but I never heard back from them. Given that I came from the south bay, it would have been nice to have received even a form rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people who don't want to be there?   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granicus (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was quite arduous. Firstly, one has to go through HireArt generic interview, which required both written AND video responses to questions one has to post on youtube for HireArt folks to review. After that, Granicus folks look over your qualifications and set up a phone interview. I got no further than that.

The person in charge who interviewed me was quite tense, and from the very inset of the interview I realized that I would go no further. I thought I was applying for software support position, but the interviewer wanted to hear from Network Admins. This was puzzling considering that this was not stressed on the position description nor initial questionnaire indicated that. All in all this made me feel that I wasted quite a lot of time for nothing. Granicus should definitely be more respectful towards applicants and not waste the time of all the parties involved.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult since the company was looking for someone with experience in another area.   Answer Question

Customer Care Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Granicus (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Granicus's hiring process is rather cumbersome and long. HR tends to take it's time when it comes to the entire process which can drag it out for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy pancakes? If so, where is your absolute favorite place to go in Denver for them.   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with MS Servers and IIS?   Answer Question