Granicus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Granicus

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granicus in November 2018.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter, then took an assessment test. Although they moved forward with another candidate, they notified me right away and it was a smooth process overall.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Granicus (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

First received an email from a recruiter from the equity firm that owns/collaborates with Granicus. Before I even had a phone call with anyone, they had me fill out a personality assessment as well as a skill assessment. A few days after the assessments, I had a 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter from the company that owns Granicus. This recruiter seemed like he was not too familiar with Granicus - the conversation felt very scripted and impersonal.
    The recruiter for Granicus/the equity firm scheduled a follow up Facetime interview with me for a few days after the phone screen. The Facetime interview was literally retaking the first skills assessment that I took the week prior, while the recruiter watched me through my computer camera. There was very little conversation after I finished the second assessment, the recruiter summed up that he would send my application to Granicus, and if they were interested they would move forward.
    It felt like a very tedious amount of interviewing before the "actual" interview with Granicus ever happened, and I haven't heard from either company since.
    The talent acquisition team needs to streamline and communicate on their end - I felt like there was very little direction with the application, and I never heard back after my video interview.

Interview Questions

• How much knowledge do you have on government systems and legislation   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granicus (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred to Granicus by a mutual contact who accepted an offer elsewhere. Initial communication was conducted over email, then phone, then in-person (two visits). I estimate the process took about six hours total, not counting prep work (firm research, stack review, etc). I spoke with the team lead I was to work with first, then the team as a whole, then department leadership. We discussed my background, my skill set, and how I might best be able to contribute to Granicus products. I asked about their product history, office culture, and where they saw the company expanding in the coming years. I am pleased to report that the satisfactory answers I received proved accurate.

Interview Questions

• What products and platforms have you worked with in the past? Which are you best with, and where would you like to grow the most?   Answer Question
    • What was the biggest success you helped achieve in your previous position? How did you bring that about, and how would you achieve the same (or a greater) success in your new position?   Answer Question
    • What is a “MIME type”, what does it consist of, and what is it used for? Provide an example.   Answer Question
    • What's a recent process change you implemented in response to feedback from clients?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Interview

The recruiter was super cool, the assessment test wasn't all that crazy, but when I got into the interview, the guy (name undisclosed) was on his phone the whole time. Now, I dunno about you, but I think that's the rudest thing in the world. Most of us work hard to do our best at job interviews.

Interview Questions

• Demo something of your choosing   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granicus in May 2014.

Interview

I applied via linked in. Recruiter set up a call with the hiring manager, and then asked me to come in the next week for interviews with her and then her boss. They seemed to go well, but I never heard back from them. Given that I came from the south bay, it would have been nice to have received even a form rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people who don't want to be there?   1 Answer

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Granicus (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening with their VP of Sales went very well. Standard behavioral questions with a lot of interest in why I was interested in Grancius, my interest in government and citizen engagement. Most of the interview was the VP selling me on the culture at Granicus and how much he likes working there. Was called back for an in-person interview. Again very straightforward. Asked about my approach my problem-solving and sales.

Interview Questions

• I live in the East Bay, don't own a car and commute to work every day. Sell on my why I should buy a $25,000 car.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Granicus (Washington, DC).

Interview

They start with an Aptitude Assessment and a Briggs-Meyer type personality test. The Assessment is sort of an IQ test and is pass/fail. You don't really move down any interview path until you get through this so you don't waste any time .

The interview was a very standard review of what your work experience is....why you left the companies in the past, where have you been successful. They really lean on the concept of heavy activity. Since the deals are typically 5 figures, it makes sense.

After a recruiter and then a sales manager phone interview, I did a panel presentation in front of their VP's including product, marketing, sales and HR. They challanged different portions of the presentation, but they are really just trying to get a gauge on how you handle feedback, both positive and negative.

The entire process between start to offer was only about 3 weeks and they can on-board fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• What are your guiding Sales Approach principles?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Granicus (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

This was a many-stepped, disorganized mess. I originally was reached out to by an internal recruiter, who set me up for an interview with both the manager and director. I spoke separately with the director for an hour, than the manager for two hours. Then I had a second interview with the CTO, but the internal recruiter sent us to two different locations.

I was given a low-ball verbal offer by the manager, then a full written contract by an HR representative, then had to talk about the number discrepancy with the CTO, who waited I agreed to the lower-than-agreed-upon salary, signed all the documentation, and gave two-weeks notice to my current employer to rescind the offer because I brought up the number discrepancy.

This process is such a mess it will ruin your life. Do not enter lightly, and do not trust any offer given.

Interview Questions

• Why are you so concerned with our offer being lower than agreed upon?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granicus.

Interview

Orweilian pre-interview assessment where you're recorded and then later watched taking said assessment. No calculators allowed and little time are given for questions despite being very math-heavy. I bounced the test off a recent LSAT- taker (who scored high enough to get offers from the top 8 law schools in the country) who said the test parameters were more restrictive than the LSAT was. All Vista-Equity owned companies carry out this blanket testing of all candidates - I can't imagine a scenario where they're not eliminating perfectly good candidates erroneously.

Communications throughout the process was good.

Interview Questions

• Math questions (two trains are travelling...) Verbal quesitons (fill in the two words that complete the sentence) and logic questions (two of these 7 shapes are not the same..)   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Granicus (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Very easy and straight forward. Do not ask very technical questions. Managment seems to be verey nice while they conduct the interviews. Very professional follwoing up with the candidates on the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change from Hardware to Software field?   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Granicus (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2019.

Interview

Screening call followed by a personality and aptitude test. Just lie on the personality test or decline in advance. Some truly stupid questions. Plus they want you to record everything while testing.