Granicus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2016

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Granicus (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

This was a many-stepped, disorganized mess. I originally was reached out to by an internal recruiter, who set me up for an interview with both the manager and director. I spoke separately with the director for an hour, than the manager for two hours. Then I had a second interview with the CTO, but the internal recruiter sent us to two different locations.

I was given a low-ball verbal offer by the manager, then a full written contract by an HR representative, then had to talk about the number discrepancy with the CTO, who waited I agreed to the lower-than-agreed-upon salary, signed all the documentation, and gave two-weeks notice to my current employer to rescind the offer because I brought up the number discrepancy.

This process is such a mess it will ruin your life. Do not enter lightly, and do not trust any offer given.

Interview Questions

• Why are you so concerned with our offer being lower than agreed upon?   Answer Question

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Granicus (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for interview after a month and a half. I spent an hour with the interviewer, and he asked me some questions about my resume and went over Granicus. We spent a half hour on the whiteboard doing a whiteboard question and tinkering with my solution. Following that, I asked a few of my own questions and ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• Using about two minutes, tell me as much as you can about one of the projects you've done on this resume.   Answer Question
    • Create an algorithm that takes in a string and returns 'true' if there are no repeating characters in the string, and false if there are repeating characters.   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granicus in May 2014.

Interview

I applied via linked in. Recruiter set up a call with the hiring manager, and then asked me to come in the next week for interviews with her and then her boss. They seemed to go well, but I never heard back from them. Given that I came from the south bay, it would have been nice to have received even a form rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people who don't want to be there?   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Granicus (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was quite arduous. Firstly, one has to go through HireArt generic interview, which required both written AND video responses to questions one has to post on youtube for HireArt folks to review. After that, Granicus folks look over your qualifications and set up a phone interview. I got no further than that.

The person in charge who interviewed me was quite tense, and from the very inset of the interview I realized that I would go no further. I thought I was applying for software support position, but the interviewer wanted to hear from Network Admins. This was puzzling considering that this was not stressed on the position description nor initial questionnaire indicated that. All in all this made me feel that I wasted quite a lot of time for nothing. Granicus should definitely be more respectful towards applicants and not waste the time of all the parties involved.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult since the company was looking for someone with experience in another area.   Answer Question

Customer Care Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Granicus (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Granicus's hiring process is rather cumbersome and long. HR tends to take it's time when it comes to the entire process which can drag it out for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy pancakes? If so, where is your absolute favorite place to go in Denver for them.   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with MS Servers and IIS?   Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Granicus (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening with their VP of Sales went very well. Standard behavioral questions with a lot of interest in why I was interested in Grancius, my interest in government and citizen engagement. Most of the interview was the VP selling me on the culture at Granicus and how much he likes working there. Was called back for an in-person interview. Again very straightforward. Asked about my approach my problem-solving and sales.

Interview Questions

• I live in the East Bay, don't own a car and commute to work every day. Sell on my why I should buy a $25,000 car.   1 Answer

Project Management (Scrum) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Granicus (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I had very interesting conversations with the VP and President. they were very clear on what kind of person they needed. and asked specific Case scenarios and how I would handle it. And I guess based on how you answer they know if you fit or not.. i dont think there is a right or wrong answer to their question.. They just will check if you fit their team or not...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle disagreements between team members ?   1 Answer

Account Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Granicus (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I received an email about setting up a 20 minute phone interview. The phone interview went well although I wasnt that prepared and wasn't quite sure what the company did. Then I got an in-person interview and met further with the guy Id spoken to on the phone. He was very nice. Then I met with the VP of Sales and he was amazing. Very bright and enthusiastic guy. The company seemed like an amazing place to work. Salary, benefits, culture, location, was all very tempting.

Interview Questions

• Why is Granicus so important?   1 Answer

I was waiting to hear from another, more well-known tech company, and I actually got that offer and thus turned down the Granicus offer. Granicus pays slightly more but I KNEW that the other tech company was one of the best places to work and there werent that many reviews on Glassdoor for Granicus yet so it was more of a wild card. I am happy with my decision but I know I would have loved Granicus as well. It is a growing company and the people are very bright and also fun. Anyone who can work there is lucky. If I leave my new tech company at some point in the future I would definately look to Granicus again.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Granicus (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Very easy and straight forward. Do not ask very technical questions. Managment seems to be verey nice while they conduct the interviews. Very professional follwoing up with the candidates on the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change from Hardware to Software field?   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Granicus (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Was brought in at the last minute but assured they had not made a decision. Board meeting in progress that day and was told they were being pressured to hire someone and the hiring manager went into the board meeting in the middle of the interview and when he returned my interview essentially ended quickly at that point and was told that they made an offer later that day to the other candidate.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions asked. One odd question from the HR person was did I want to contract instead of being hired and I had never suggested I was looking for a contract position.   Answer Question