Granicus Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 105 reviews

3.7
Granicus CEO Mark Hynes
Mark Hynes
Pros
  • "In my experience, Granicus is a great place to work(in 23 reviews)

• "Great benefits overall to go along with solid work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Just seems like the complainers are extra loud at Granicus(in 22 reviews)

• "Due to this and the fact that almost everyone is quite underpaid, burnout is a serious issue that no one seems to consider or care about(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Get 'er done and change lives."

Current Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I have been working at Granicus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Granicus is a place where the products work, customers achieve results and ultimately citizens are rewarded. We're helping feed kids, linking people to healthcare options, and getting veterans the services they need. The new acquisitions are exciting opportunity to sell more too. Its all about mission and outcomes. Come here and make a difference every day.

Cons

I've got what I need to succeed and any decent sales person will kill it here but if you have to have the boondoggle sales club trip to feel whole about your sales gig this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Love the vision on integrated products, keep going here, its worth the time.

Granicus2019-08-07

"Growing opportunities at a growing company"

Current Employee - Customer Success

I have been working at Granicus full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best pro is who you are working for. I've never had a manager more focused on ensuring that their team is best set up for success. After working many jobs where I have been micromanaged and overworked it is a breath of fresh air to be able to be strategic in my role, and allocate my time as I best see fit. In addition, the executive team is amazing. From being able to have a conversation with our CEO, to... being able to chat with VP's on the daily, you always feel that you have a voice and an impact. Work life balance is huge to me, and Granicus has found the perfect balance of always having something to do, but at the same time not encroaching on your personal life. This job one where if you are organized, you can work 9-5 and never more, while still accomplishing all you are expected to. I took a pay decrease to come to Granicus (changing roles), and have never once regretted this decision. You can not put a price on work life balance, culture, and career improvement.

Cons

When first starting, it can be overwhelming to try and learn all the products at once. There is great on boarding services, however maybe segmenting into pieces to gain a full understanding of each product at once could be helpful.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Since starting I have heard of "growing pains" as Granicus has acquired many company's. However, since I started I have experience none of these pains and it is clear that Granicus has put a lot of effort into their new on boarding methodology.

Granicus2019-08-07

"Setting the standard for govtech"

Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Granicus full-time

Pros

Fast growing company with opportunities for professional development. Excellent access to leadership. Clear, achievable objectives.

Cons

Fast growth leads to new challenges on a daily basis. Tough, but not unattainable, metrics.

Granicus2019-08-22

"Good company, not the most competitive salary"

Current Employee - Sales and Business Development Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Granicus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of flexibility and a strong vision for the future

Cons

Lower pay than the market average

Granicus2019-08-09

"Impact, at scale!"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Granicus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you're the kind of person who wants to make an impact, then it's hard to beat the scale you can achieve at Granicus. Colleagues are friendly and I'm always learning from my team. There is a lot of work to do, but I never feel like I can't take the time I need, when life becomes a distraction and you just need to take a moment. Benefits and compensation is fair.

Cons

Only con I see is that we've been growing in the market slightly faster than the teams, but this year, it's clear the company is hiring like mad to mitigate that. This is helpful though if you're a go-getter and want a place you know you can move around and up. There are always openings that may catch your eye.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize that your employees are you real product.

Granicus2019-08-07

"Good Mission, Poor Direction"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Granicus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The mission of this company is great and the products this company offers are world class. I truly believe Graniucs' software/services do good for citizens The people you work with day to day here are great

Cons

This is no longer a long term place to stay. Granicus used to care a lot about its tenured employees, but has now hurt themselves by letting experienced, tenured employees go to save a quick buck. This has put heavy stress on the remaining employees causing more turnover and a downward spiral.

Advice to Management

Pay tenured people what they are worth. Don't let them go simply to save a buck. Listen to your employee feed back. Review "Intense Workload and Low Pay" hit it right on the head

Granicus2019-08-13

"Intense Workload and Low Pay"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say

I have been working at Granicus full-time

Pros

- Casual atmosphere - Good team members

Cons

- Higher workload than industry standard - Lower pay than industry standard across all positions - Lack of support from Management - High turnover - Lack of product knowledge and capacity from high turnover

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and don't dismiss our concerns -- and expect us to listen to your actions as well as your words. When an employee survey said one of the biggest "opportunities" was to increase pay, the CEO stated in an all-hands that people who want to make more money should get a new job because Granicus is a place to start, not a place to stay for money. I guess that's why almost all of Support,... Product, and Dev have left over the past year.

Granicus2019-08-07

"A good place to work for a time"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I worked at Granicus full-time

Pros

A passionate group of coworkers, excited about the work they do.

Cons

Unclear direction. Issue with upper management caused stress for employees

Granicus2019-08-12

"for beginners"

Former Employee - Deployment Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Granicus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

free food, free food, free food.

Cons

the good ol boy's club.

Granicus2019-08-05

"Not sales friendly, poorly run, high turnover"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Granicus full-time

Pros

I liked the guys on the sales team and our immediate managers. That's it

Cons

Beware Sales People: They will quote you OTE, but they don't pay OTE like normal tech companies. I actually had to explain what OTE means and then they explained the way they pay. The way they pay OTE is.... you will hit your OTE if you hit your quota and overachieve. FYI; less than 20% of the reps hit quota and the majority of them were on the Fed team. State and local reps rarely make quota. So in the end you... won't make anywhere near your OTE. I was over quota for the year and didn't come close to making my OTE number. In addition the operational part of Granicus is dysfunctional and can cost you deals and no one is held accountable for mistakes. I don't know a rep that is happy there and most are biding there time before they quit.

Advice to Management

Get new leadership

Granicus2019-08-02