Greif Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Greif Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greif (Deer Park, TX).

Interview

Interviewed late in 2016. Scheduled to have three separate interviews with management. First manager said that the interviews would be combined because it was basically redundant a waste of time to have the same interview done three times. I knew it was over for me when he did that. Basic get to know you questions. It seemed as though he had just researched questions to ask during an interview. Body positions (leaning in), tell me about a time, what do you like to do outside of work (do you have any kids), what are your soft traits, straight from a career website. Felt like he wanted to end the interview quickly. Mentioned several times how the previous employee couldn't get the job done. Must be a micromanager.
    Second manager was busy texting. Didn't ask anything that the first one hadn't already asked.
    The third was late to join. They seemed as if they really wanted help because they're overwhelmed. Asked about my experience and skills. What transactions I used.
    And Finally, the fourth (not an actual interviewer) totally unprofessional employee decided to interrupt by pressing his face obnoxiously on the window. Guess he thought it was acceptable behavior during a meeting or interview. No he didn't get the opportunity to ask me anything. Thank goodness because I may have excused myself and left.
    I feel that the interview was only held because of EEO. Previous employee was let go and I applied through the unemployment office because I'm receiving benefits. The interview was over in about fifteen minutes. Didn't get the job probably because of the micromanager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time. What did you do at your present or previous job.   Answer Question

Plant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greif in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a Greif recruiter. We had a forty minute conversation with the standard questions. It had a positive conclusion and the recruiter was to contact the hiring manager and get back to me in a few days either way. I never heard from him again. How hard it is to send a "no thanks" email or make an additional call?

Interview Questions

• Standard recruiter type questions and experience and job history. Some behavioral stuff as well.   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delaware, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greif (Delaware, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The recruitment process is usually a slow process. However, at Greif it was actually faster than most. They kept the process moving which was nice. I had a phone screen and then approximately one week later was contacted for an interview. My interview was close to 5 hours. I met with 8-9 people. It was nice because I only took one afternoon off of work. My second interview was conducted over the phone. I wasn't selected which is fine because I'm not sure I would have been a good fit. My commute would not have been good.

Interview Questions

• How many programs do I manage?   1 Answer

Industrial Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alsip, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greif (Alsip, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The maintenance manager is very friendly, knowledgeable and direct. I felt comfortable during the interview. Do not lie to him or try to b.s. him and even if you don't know all of the answers, as long as you are honest, he will be happy to teach you what you might not know.

Interview Questions

• I was shown a diagram and asked what it was a diagram of.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Greif.

Interview

There was a phone screen with a Regional Human Resource professional that worked for the Plant Managers in the region. The interview consisted of a very brief walk through of my past work experience and then to a series of behavior based questions. This was followed by an onsite interview and then an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to change people's opinion to get a desired result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internal Auditor Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delaware, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Greif (Delaware, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Greif's on campus interview process starts from career fair, for both selling their company and meeting with future employees. Then we submit our resume through school's career website. And those chosen for first round interview are invited to have a dinner with their management, including their HR manager and vice president. After the dinner, we had an on campus interview with the internal audit manager. And then, those chosen for second round interview will go to their headquarter to talk with another three people (internal audit manager, Director Corporate HR, and General Auditor. Btw, they will not provide the travel expense for this office visit.

Interview Questions

• We have two types of position: rotation and stable position. In rotation position, you need to work in several locations with different teams, while for stable position you just stay in one office. Which one do you prefer?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delaware, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greif (Delaware, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone call from HR they gave a basic job description and asked was I still interested. Few days later he called back with a date and time to interview. He said I would meet with one person . It was a group of people that really threw me off never have had multiple interviewers at once. I could tell from expression I was going to get position. Of course they had to interview others. Next day I was offered job but all the paperwork and background checks took almost two weeks to complete. I was offered one amount in writing and paid lower amount It was corrected but the supervisor was not happy at all

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a difficult supervisor and if so what did you do to make working with this person positive   1 Answer
    • Q:How do you like the interview process and what do you think each of us are in here to discuss with you and your qualifications for this position.   1 Answer

Manager of Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greif (Columbus, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

Had one qualifying interview with HR, then met with a team of executives individually. All-day process. HR person conducted the best interview I had had to date. Executives were looking for someone who would fit with the culture.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Hague (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Greif (The Hague (Netherlands)).

Interview

I applied through the job board of my university. As the vacancy description was vague (they described several assignment, they did not say what you would actually be doing), I contacted the recruiter through Linkedin to ask some questions about the role. I was told they do not connect with prospective candidates before screening them.

The interview was a screening, it took 30min and was through skype. It was poorly structured (e.g. I was not told what to expect) and more of an interrogation than a discussion. I was asked to describe parts of my CV, my motivation, what I would like to learn in this role etc. (standard questions). The interviewer had a rather arrogant attitude and questioned my answers.

I was rejected 2 days later due to lack of fit and I asked for some feedback. It was then clear that any questions or contact with the recruiter beside the bare minimum for the recruitment steps is strongly unappreciated. Through the feedback I received, I have the impression that my being pro-active in gathering information about the role was actually regarded as a weakness and they prefered someone who would go hear-first in total darkness.

Interview Questions

• Describe your role as team-leader in [a project]. (After the answer:) I don't hear anything about leadership, why is that? What is your definition of leadership (raised eyebrow)?   Answer Question