Greif Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Greif Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2019

3.7
Greif CEO Peter Watson (no image)
Peter Watson
Pros
  • "Great pay, work-life balance, and amazing benefits(in 7 reviews)

• "All shifts have set hours, good people working by your side, set break times, easy work(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "o por resultados, falta de sinergia com outras(in 8 reviews)

• "gica para a empresa ao longo tempo,plano de carreira n(in 6 reviews)

1. "Money"

Current Employee - Production Machine Operator in Alsip, IL

I have been working at Greif full-time for more than a year

Pros

The money is good

Cons

Management sucks need new management

Advice to Management

Care more for your employees then your pockets

Greif2019-04-13

July 1, 2019Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We see every review and utilize all feedback to enhance the experience for all of our Greif colleagues. Thanks again!

2. "Decent company"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Austell, GA

I worked at Greif full-time

Pros

Good managers for the most part. a few bad apples like anyplace. Decent work life balance.

Cons

Lots of shakeups due to buying of Caraustar. Not always as transparent as they claim to be.

Greif2019-09-03

September 3, 2019Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our managers and work life balance, and appreciate your feedback regarding communication. We read every review and utilize it all to enhance the experience for all of our Greif colleagues. Thank you again.

3. "No where to go"

Current Employee - Management Employee

I have been working at Greif full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Greif does try to emphasize work life balance and many of the management do believe it and practice it. Pay is good, at market value.

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement. It appears that if you get hired into a location that's your location for life. If that's your desire it's not a problem. It's not my desire. I have applied for positions at other facilities and no one acknowledged that I applied or discussed my career desires with me. Not enough help to accomplish what should be accomplished and feel a sense of job satisfaction. Employee... engagement is not what it should be and what I am used to at other companies.

Advice to Management

Pay is fine, people are OK but it really feels like a dead end job.

Greif2019-08-03

August 5, 2019Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your experience with Greif didn’t meet your expectations. We read every review and are dedicated to utilizing the feedback to enhance the experience for all of our Greif colleagues. Thank you again.

"Once the darling of industrial packaging companies, not anymore."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Greif full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

All the usual big company benefits. Great group of Plant Mangers, Customer Service Reps & Production workers. Impressive product offering.

Cons

Work at Greif if you’re willing to accept; * Poor leadership with big egos and little regard for seasoned colleagues. * Unrealistic goals set by people with zero industry experience. * Leadership approving salary reductions while they make millions. * Knee jerk reactions to changing market conditions leading to plant closures and layoffs. * Constantly being reminded that “good isn’t good enough” and needing to... work 113%. * A incentive program that is constantly being manipulated with zero accountability and a goal of zero payout.

Advice to Management

Stop celebrating yourselves and focus on engaging all employees to make the company great again. This means cleaning house of upper management and bring in “leaders” with empathy, vision and experience.

Greif2019-06-16

5. "Great pay"

I worked at Greif full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay, work-life balance, and amazing benefits.

Cons

Innovative ideas from lower level employees get pushed to the side.

Greif2019-06-18

July 1, 2019Director of Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the salary, benefits and the work-life balance, and appreciate your feedback regarding employee contribution and management. We read every review and utilize it all to enhance the experience for all of our Greif colleagues. Thank you again.

6. "great company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Greif full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good company that offers a lot

Cons

Work a lot of hours

Greif2019-05-12

July 1, 2019Talent Management

7. "Good atmosphere but depends on your department"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Delaware, OH

I worked at Greif full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good challenging atmosphere. Decent benefits.

Cons

Multiple different divisions that work in silos. No company communication. Hasty decision making. All about the numbers and 60% of stock is owned by 1 family so they are essentially the sole decision makers and drivers. Some of management has been promoted far too early and has nearly no team building, people management skills.

Advice to Management

Build a more cohesive environment.

Greif2019-05-25

July 1, 2019Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed the challenging atmosphere and benefits. We are sorry that your experience with Greif didn’t meet your expectations. We read every review and are dedicated to utilizing the feedback to enhance the experience for all of our Greif colleagues. Thank you again.

8. "I was a lead Rim former and Riveter operator"

I worked at Greif

Pros

Good Insurance and Pay,The Team leaders and Co workers I’ve enjoyed working with

Cons

There were some weekends of working

Advice to Management

I’ve heard that they have New Management know

Greif2019-04-11

July 1, 2019Talent Management

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with Greif and liked the benefits and colleagues here. We read every review and are dedicated to utilizing the feedback to enhance the experience for all of our Greif colleagues. Thank you again!

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Greif full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent leadership in moving the culture forward. Great leaders. Acquisition of Caraustar was a good move. Very strong culture being built by Pete Watson and his team.

Cons

The name is a challenge!!

Advice to Management

Change the name of the company so people can know how to pronounce

Greif2019-03-12

July 1, 2019Talent Management

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad that you are enjoying your experience with Greif and that you like our leadership and culture. We read every review and are dedicated to utilizing the feedback to enhance the experience for all of our Greif colleagues. Thank you again!

10. "Comparison company"

I worked at Greif full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Well established products and markets, strong history, sustainable conscious.

Cons

Heavy corporate controlled, matrix org, lack of career advancement opportunities, slow to move and make change.

Greif2019-02-20

July 1, 2019Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our sustainability initiatives and products, and appreciate your feedback regarding career advancement. We read every review and utilize it all to enhance the experience for all of our Greif colleagues. Thank you again.

Found 113 reviews